[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carpediembr

Not sure where to post and I understand that is still under development, but aparentely killboxes break raids.

https://i.imgur.com/m1d16ch.jpg

A few went inside the killbox and the rest just stayed outside with one or two coming in and out constantely.

Alistaire

Quote from: carpediembr on January 04, 2018, 08:07:13 AM
Not sure where to post and I understand that is still under development, but aparentely killboxes break raids.

https://i.imgur.com/m1d16ch.jpg

A few went inside the killbox and the rest just stayed outside with one or two coming in and out constantely.

I've never seen this before. Are they being suppressed? Do you run mods like the one which makes dead raiders unwalkable terrain for raiders? Any errors? Mental states for the raiders? Are they attacking the walls?

Sarge

I get similar behaviour.

In my most recent village I had a choke point entrance with a door and 4 wall tiles in a row. They would line up and attack the wall and when one manages to break through a tile he would enter, but the others would just keep chipping at their wall tiles and not enter.

I even changed the door to a wooden door and they still went at the stone wall tiles first.

I don't know what the dead pawns pathing mod is which you speak of so I doubt I'm running something like that.

Chipmunk216

Has anybody else seen a glitch in which animals flee across the map while bleeding everywhere despite being undamaged? They eventually run to the edge of the map (leaving a bloody wake) and run around until they starve to death. I think CE is at fault (though I can't guarantee it's not an interaction with another mod) because the debug log keeps saying that such-and-such animal is attempting to melee another animal while "out of place."

largejaroalmonds

Quote from: Chipmunk216 on January 06, 2018, 03:33:27 PM
Has anybody else seen a glitch in which animals flee across the map while bleeding everywhere despite being undamaged? They eventually run to the edge of the map (leaving a bloody wake) and run around until they starve to death. I think CE is at fault (though I can't guarantee it's not an interaction with another mod) because the debug log keeps saying that such-and-such animal is attempting to melee another animal while "out of place."

I was having this very problem today.  I found that when I disabled Dinosauria it stopped.  You running that one?

GeroTero

Quote from: Chipmunk216 on January 06, 2018, 03:33:27 PM
I got this error while using animalcolabproj. I used the patch found in this thread from 7 months ago and it still gave me errors despite patching all animals. I'm going to have to wait for a fix until I play with this amazing mod :(

Sarge

I'm reasonably certain it's Dinosauria since I have found a pattern:

Every time a dino hunts a creature and it starts fleeing this behaviour kicks in. The dino disengages and the creatures spray-paints your map with blood. Pretty decent self defense technique albeit a bit extreme. :P

EDIT: No more bleeders messing up my map since removing Dinosauria.

Chipmunk216

I don't have Dinosauria but I do have the AnimalCollab mod so that must be the culprit.

Maeyanie

Ran into an issue on RC1... a group of raiders with a sapper attacked my colony. He blew up the outer wall with grenades, went through, and promptly stepped on a trap. When he got to the next wall, he stood around picking different wall sections to want to grenade every second or so (with all his friends standing around waiting for him) until he finally fell unconscious from the blood loss a couple of days later. Then his friends realized he wasn't going to help them and attacked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/228m2591jer81k2/20180107014552_1.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't think at the time to check the log for any errors, so not sure about that.

Krontixious

Mechanoids aren't using their ranged weapons. Having the same problem as dude in previous page. This wasn't a problem with the previous patch, hope it isn't just me.

AllenWL

Sarge

Quote from: AllenWL on January 08, 2018, 04:13:35 AM
Is there a 18B version for CE Guns?

There's a link a few pages back, but to be honest, at least for me, it creates more hassles than is worth it right now.

Most recently I could not figure out why some ranged weapons did no damage (Orion weapons, Harrowed Light, Lost Infantry and I'm sure many more) and i just managed to figure out that it is because of CE in its current state.

And that is a great pity because this mod really brings combat to life.

Maeyanie

Quote from: Krontixious on January 08, 2018, 04:13:04 AM
Mechanoids aren't using their ranged weapons. Having the same problem as dude in previous page. This wasn't a problem with the previous patch, hope it isn't just me.

Nope, I got this one too... attacked by a couple of centipedes, and they decided to walk up and melee instead of using the inferno cannons they were carrying. They had the right ammo, I checked that.

Still managed to kill one of my colonists who decided the middle of a mechanoid attack was a great time to suffer a mental break, and walked out right to them... I can't say she didn't deserve it.

In case it helps any: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcdsasrnm2ei9iv/20180108224750_1.jpg

Edit:
I'm also noticing Simple Sidearms weapon switching doesn't seem to be working properly with CE B18. When someone with a ranged weapon gets into melee, they switch to fists, instead of a knife/shiv/whatever. Not sure if this is SS's fault, CE's fault, or my fault, but figured it was worth mentioning.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Maeyanie on January 09, 2018, 12:10:11 AM
Quote from: Krontixious on January 08, 2018, 04:13:04 AM

Nope, I got this one too... attacked by a couple of centipedes, and they decided to walk up and melee instead of using the inferno cannons they were carrying. They had the right ammo, I checked that.

Still managed to kill one of my colonists who decided the middle of a mechanoid attack was a great time to suffer a mental break, and walked out right to them... I can't say she didn't deserve it.

In case it helps any: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcdsasrnm2ei9iv/20180108224750_1.jpg

Edit:
I'm also noticing Simple Sidearms weapon switching doesn't seem to be working properly with CE B18. When someone with a ranged weapon gets into melee, they switch to fists, instead of a knife/shiv/whatever. Not sure if this is SS's fault, CE's fault, or my fault, but figured it was worth mentioning.

Some people mentioned this already on simple siderams thread, you should check there.

ajaviide

Hey awesome mod!
But backpacks on thin pawns go, over they face when they are standing towards you. I thought it has something to do with facial stuff, and ignored it, but i see here on forum, other people have same problem. (only on thin pawns for me).
Awesome mod again and my English sucks :)