[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minakurafto

when make a CE patch for race mod ,if all is okay but only Gear Tab missing bulk and mass capacity so alien pawn cant use/pick up ammo. anyone know what might be the problem?

IHateRegistering

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 23, 2018, 02:50:35 PM

That was my entire point, that it is a sub mod. Not sure why my post was that confusing.. someone was asking about CE Guns being updated, when CE isn't even fully updated. What is so difficult to understand?
Because you talk about using textures and adding ammo when all the question was 'Is this official submod* already updated?'

*that is intended to nicely complement CE without adding unnecessary bloat to the game

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: IHateRegistering on January 26, 2018, 07:37:16 AM
Because you talk about using textures and adding ammo when all the question was 'Is this official submod* already updated?'

Because that was a follow up question after I was asked after stating that CE doesn't have a full update. So if it doesn't have full update, that's why I told him why would it matter about CE guns? If you just want the textures, use those. If you want it for the ammo and such, and CE isn't working for you, then you have to wait. It's okay if you don't understand.

IHateRegistering

CE has a B18 update, albeit with bugs as you correctly stated. So it makes sense to ask if CE guns works with that unstable version or if it's still stuck in A17 - because you can actually play with CE on B18 but NOT with CE guns because that has received no update for B18 yet. CE guns is neat because it adds few weapons to fill in some niches and doesn't add a plethora of weapons that all fulfill similar roles.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: IHateRegistering on January 26, 2018, 02:15:11 PM
CE has a B18 update, albeit with bugs as you correctly stated. So it makes sense to ask if CE guns works with that unstable version or if it's still stuck in A17 - because you can actually play with CE on B18 but NOT with CE guns because that has received no update for B18 yet. CE guns is neat because it adds few weapons to fill in some niches and doesn't add a plethora of weapons that all fulfill similar roles.

Yes, I completely understand this, I think we just have an issue of miscommunication.

Maeyanie

Quote from: minakurafto on January 26, 2018, 12:15:20 AM
when make a CE patch for race mod ,if all is okay but only Gear Tab missing bulk and mass capacity so alien pawn cant use/pick up ammo. anyone know what might be the problem?

That sounds like you're missing something like this:

<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
<success>Always</success>
<xpath>*/ThingDef[@Name="BaseAsariPawn"]/inspectorTabs/li[.="ITab_Pawn_Gear"]</xpath>
<value>
<li>CombatExtended.ITab_Inventory</li>
</value>
</Operation>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
<xpath>*/ThingDef[@Name="BaseAsariPawn"]/comps</xpath>
<value>
<li Class="CombatExtended.CompProperties_Inventory" />
</value>
</Operation>

For reference, here's something I'm working on to add support for Asari, Twi'lek, and Zabrak races: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5g992hoyt2h8mt0/CE%20Races.7z

It's not fully tested and balanced regarding the equipment they spawn with in caravans and raids and such, which is why I haven't posted it anywhere else yet, but it's probably good enough to use if anyone else is looking for such a thing. You shouldn't need to have all 3 races installed, it should just ignore ones which aren't found.

minakurafto

Quote from: Maeyanie on January 28, 2018, 06:27:53 PM
Quote from: minakurafto on January 26, 2018, 12:15:20 AM

That sounds like you're missing something like this:

<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
<xpath>*/ThingDef[@Name="BaseAsariPawn"]/inspectorTabs/li[.="ITab_Pawn_Gear"]</xpath>
<value>
<li>CombatExtended.ITab_Inventory</li>
</value>
</Operation>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
<xpath>*/ThingDef[@Name="BaseAsariPawn"]/comps</xpath>
<value>
<li Class="CombatExtended.CompProperties_Inventory" />
</value>
</Operation>

For reference, here's something I'm working on to add support for Asari, Twi'lek, and Zabrak races: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5g992hoyt2h8mt0/CE%20Races.7z

It's not fully tested and balanced regarding the equipment they spawn with in caravans and raids and such, which is why I haven't posted it anywhere else yet, but it's probably good enough to use if anyone else is looking for such a thing. You shouldn't need to have all 3 races installed, it should just ignore ones which aren't found.

that's solve the problem thx, it's because different base pawn name. xpath tutorial on github lack that basepawn part

Kori

Now that boomalopes give chemfuel, how do I obtain FSX?
Do boomrats still give it?

Maeyanie

Quote from: Kori on February 06, 2018, 07:08:48 AM
Now that boomalopes give chemfuel, how do I obtain FSX?
Do boomrats still give it?
Boomalopes are both "milked" for chemfuel, and "sheared" for FSX.
Boomrats do also give FSX, but less, so boomalopes are the better choice... if you can keep them from dying and burning your base down.

minakurafto

anyone know how to make destroy ammo on drop?
i tried to insert the line in ammo xml but ammo still drop when mechanoid died.
it used to be worked in very old version.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Theres a crash when queing the KPV (i believe) machine gun when you set it to craft and then leave the game it wont boot back up it just crashes to main menu
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Ozymandias

It kind of seems like this is never going to get a proper update. I guess the B18 update changed so much that it fucked everything up monumentally.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ozymandias on February 12, 2018, 07:52:17 PM
It kind of seems like this is never going to get a proper update.

It may seem like that, but I don't think so. Do you ever pay attention to NoImageAvailable's GitHub? If not, then I don't think you would see all of the work that is committed to CE. There are updates that are not official releases, but I don't see any posts on this thread about them that I can recall.

Kori

Quote from: Ozymandias on February 12, 2018, 07:52:17 PM
It kind of seems like this is never going to get a proper update. I guess the B18 update changed so much that it fucked everything up monumentally.

I really hope that's not the case, CE is one of the most essential mods for me!
NIA could you give us a short status update, please?