[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreDiabetic

Is there a link to show us how to make throwing weapons (Not guns I know patching guns is there and it's easy) comp patch?

Mr_Man

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 21, 2018, 01:12:16 PM
Looks like someone is redefining core defs? Not sure. But someone put these duplicate tags into all of the stones.

Here you go, Mr_Man, you can see how this thingDef entry looks, and all the crap going on with it. There's not even a close for <statOffsets>

<ThingDef ParentName="ChunkRockBase">
<defName>ChunkSandstone</defName>
<label>sandstone chunk</label>
<graphicData>
<color>(126,104,94)</color>
</graphicData>
<statBases>
<Mass>20</Mass>
</statBases>
<soundDrop>ChunkRock_Drop</soundDrop>
<butcherProducts>
<BlocksSandstone>20</BlocksSandstone>
</butcherProducts>
<resourceReadoutPriority>Middle</resourceReadoutPriority>
<stuffProps>
<categories><li>Chunky</li></categories>
<statOffsets>
<WorkToBuild>140</WorkToBuild></statOffsets>
<soundImpactStuff>BulletImpactGround</soundImpactStuff>
<soundMeleeHitSharp>MeleeHit_Stone</soundMeleeHitSharp>
<soundMeleeHitBlunt>MeleeHit_Stone</soundMeleeHitBlunt>
<stuffAdjective>sandstone</stuffAdjective>
<statFactors>
<Beauty>1.1</Beauty>
<MarketValue>0.4</MarketValue>
<MaxHitPoints>1.4</MaxHitPoints>
<WorkToBuild>5.0</WorkToBuild>
<WorkToMake>1.1</WorkToMake>
</statFactors>
</stuffProps>
<stuffProps>
<categories>
<li>Chunky</li>
</categories>
<statOffsets>
<WorkToBuild>140</WorkToBuild>
</statOffsets>
<statFactors>
<Beauty>1.1</Beauty>
</statFactors>
</stuffProps>
</ThingDef>[/code

I am running CE and Rinbleau's concrete mod and it appears they both share some item defs together. Haven't found any bugs yet but wanted to make sure it wasn't serious before I start a new world.

Harry_Dicks

Whoops, I had an error on my part, sorry. You were too quick before I could delete the edit, though :P

Here's the proper version. It has some extra impact sounds

<ThingDef ParentName="ChunkRockBase">
<defName>ChunkSandstone</defName>
<label>sandstone chunk</label>
<graphicData>
</graphicData>
<statBases>
<Mass>20</Mass>
</statBases>
<soundDrop>ChunkRock_Drop</soundDrop>
<butcherProducts>
<BlocksSandstone>20</BlocksSandstone>
</butcherProducts>
<stuffProps>
<categories>
<li>Chunky</li>
</categories>
<statOffsets>
</statOffsets>
<statFactors>
<Beauty>1.1</Beauty>
</statFactors>
</stuffProps>
<stuffProps>
<categories>
<li>Chunky</li>
</categories>
<statOffsets>
</statOffsets>
<statFactors>
<Beauty>1.1</Beauty>
</statFactors>
</stuffProps>
</ThingDef>

Mr_Man

Here's another one I found... relevant?

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for DamageMotes.DamageMotes_Patch ---> System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Thing:TakeDamage_Patch1 (object,Verse.DamageInfo): IL_0105: call      0x0000003d

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.RuntimeMethodHandle:GetFunctionPointer (intptr)
  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.GetFunctionPointer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.ILCopying.Memory.GetMethodStart (System.Reflection.MethodBase method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchFunctions.UpdateWrapper (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, Harmony.PatchInfo patchInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchProcessor.Patch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.<PatchAll>b__6_0 (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.CollectionExtensions.Do[Type] (IEnumerable`1 sequence, System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.PatchAll (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DamageMotes.DamageMotes_Patch..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (intptr)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (RuntimeTypeHandle type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.<DoPlayLoad>m__2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

NoImageAvailable

Those errors look like some other mod you have has an empty texture somewhere.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Mr_Man

How about this one?

Exception from long event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CombatExtended.BoundsInjector+<>c.<Inject>b__6_0 (Verse.PawnKindDef x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Verse.PawnKindDef].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.BoundsInjector.Inject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Mr_Man on February 21, 2018, 04:10:02 PM
Here's a more verbose log: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/670d5f4e989a846e125b1f316fe0b977

None of those look CE related.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 21, 2018, 10:38:06 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 21, 2018, 08:06:20 AM
B18 Update released for CE and CE Guns

Projectiles now visually display their height. This has always been a thing under the hood but now it is actually graphically displayed to the player. Also, walls no longer have infinite height and projectiles can arc over them and land on the roof.

Special thanks goes to XeoNovaDan and the other contributors to this update, they helped to speed up this update by a great deal.

Nice!

I am curious, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have any sort of milestones that you are hoping to achieve with this mod in the future/near future? It seems like you are always working on it a lot. Is this mostly compatibility/bug fixing work, or adding in new things, or both?

Also, do you have any long term goals, or are you waiting to see how 1.0 looks before you decide something like that?

Thanks for all of your hard work! :)

I've declared CE feature-complete some time ago now. I only do bug fixes/maintenance, sometimes other devs add in new features but those guys come and go at random. I used to have a few big feature additions planned but had to give up on them when I started working on my own game. I just don't have the time to work on that and simultaneously add features to CE.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Kori

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 21, 2018, 08:06:20 AM
B18 Update released for CE and CE Guns

Projectiles now visually display their height. This has always been a thing under the hood but now it is actually graphically displayed to the player. Also, walls no longer have infinite height and projectiles can arc over them and land on the roof.

Special thanks goes to XeoNovaDan and the other contributors to this update, they helped to speed up this update by a great deal.

Thank you NIA and XeoNovaDan and everyone else who contributed to this update! :)

Here are two things that cause errors when playing with Rimfire:

1) in the ResearchProjects.xml (Core patches) you remove the Multibarrel Weapons research, but Rimfire still has it as a researchPrerequisite.
At least this happened with the previous version, sorry if it has been fixed already.

2) in the Rimfire patch there are four <researchPrerequisite>CE_AdvancedFirearms</researchPrerequisite> entries, but this research project was removed with the latest update. I guess it should be PrecisionRifling now.

I also get some errors from the new penguin patch even when loading nothing else but CE and CE Guns so I just deleted this file.

Ruisuki

Congrats on the rollout. Only have to do it one more time for the 1.0 release. Must be a relief given how big the mod is

Tacoburger

Harry_Dicks

I think I'm finally ready to pop my CE cherry.

Take it easy. It's... it's my first time.. :-[

Ruisuki

Mr_Man

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 21, 2018, 05:47:46 PM
You're starting a new game!?

Every couple of days I somehow convince myself I need to change my mod list and start a new game :P

I think my mental struggle is a constant back and forth of me thinking that I will pass over on some content that I'll enjoy, versus loading up my game with too many mods and/or redundant content (quantity over quality) that adds too much bloat and my performance will suffer because of it.

I'm actually on my second quadrum, which hasn't happened in god knows how long.