[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Sounds like a mental break or a condition from Psychology haha

RyanRim

Welp, finally updated. Now I got to blow up my colony I built for a month  :'( But at least there no more puppet fight with Thrumbos.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 21, 2018, 05:47:46 PM
You're starting a new game!?

You don't?!

Well, I'm starting a new game too after I install CE (BEEN WAITING FOR IT SINCE A17) and I will not open this forum again. I don't wanna find a new interesting mod in a middle of a game.  :P
Bleeeee. . . . .

Ruisuki

Quote from: Mufflamingo on February 22, 2018, 11:36:46 AM

You don't?!

Well, I'm starting a new game too after I install CE (BEEN WAITING FOR IT SINCE A17) and I will not open this forum again. I don't wanna find a new interesting mod in a middle of a game.  :P
im on my second game. started it this week. my first was on A16 :o

RyanRim

It is always sad to abandon a colony to started with the launch of a new version but oh well, today's the big day + I can add 8 other mods that have been on hold now. CE is really a must.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Kori

During a gunfight this error was spamming the log:

Exception ticking Bullet_762x51mmNATO_AP1214666: System.Exception: BoundMap(,,,) ---> System.Exception: CombatExtended :: CropVertical error while cropping Textures/Things/Pawn/Humanlike/null_side ---> System.ArgumentException: Color[] has no pixels with alpha < 0.25
  at CombatExtended.Def_Extensions.CropVertical (UnityEngine.Color[] array, Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.BoundsInjector.ExtractBounds (Verse.Graphic graphic, GraphicType type, Verse.Graphic headGraphic, Vector2 headOffset) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at CombatExtended.BoundsInjector.ExtractBounds (Verse.Graphic graphic, GraphicType type, Verse.Graphic headGraphic, Vector2 headOffset) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.BoundsInjector.BoundMap (Verse.Graphic graphic, GraphicType type, Verse.Graphic headGraphic, Vector2 headOffset) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at CombatExtended.BoundsInjector.BoundMap (Verse.Graphic graphic, GraphicType type, Verse.Graphic headGraphic, Vector2 headOffset) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.BoundsInjector.ForPawn (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.CE_Utility.GetCollisionBodyFactors (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.CollisionVertical.CalculateHeightRange (Verse.Thing thing, Verse.FloatRange& heightRange, System.Single& shotHeight) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.CollisionVertical..ctor (Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.CE_Utility.GetBoundsFor (Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.ProjectileCE.TryCollideWith (Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.ProjectileCE.CheckCellForCollision (IntVec3 cell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.ProjectileCE.CheckForCollisionBetween () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.ProjectileCE.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Umbreon117

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 21, 2018, 11:00:55 PM

Every couple of days I somehow convince myself I need to change my mod list and start a new game :P

I think my mental struggle is a constant back and forth of me thinking that I will pass over on some content that I'll enjoy, versus loading up my game with too many mods and/or redundant content (quantity over quality) that adds too much bloat and my performance will suffer because of it.

I'm actually on my second quadrum, which hasn't happened in god knows how long.
Don't feel bad, I do the exact same thing...Only I don't think I have ever gotten past year 1.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

MrWeeGee

Hey guys, thanks for all the work on the update -- glad to be using CE again!

Unfortunately, I encountered a bug that spams an error non-stop, and with certain mods can even make a force close necessary.

To start: the spam error is caused by a colonist affected with the "Run Wild" mental break. Should be easily replicated if you start a new game, and use dev "Tool: Mental Break..." to inflict a colonist with "Run Wild." It should pop the debug log immediately. I tested this on a new game, loading only HugsLib 4.0.1, and the latest release of CE and CE-Guns. Force-taming/killing the affected colonist kills the error.

Should be noted that, for some reason not every colonist pops the error, but an overwhelming majority do. I don't know the reason for it. Multiple new starts testing with whatever pawns it gave me, and the game randomly blesses maybe 1-in-5 with the proper thought process to behave like a wild animal.

Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalCanDoConstantThinkTreeJobNow TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CombatExtended.JobGiver_TakeAndEquip.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextConstantThinkTreeJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob(JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.MentalBreakWorker_RunWild:TryStart(Pawn, Thought, Boolean)
Verse.<DoListingItems_MapTools>c__AnonStorey24:<>m__1()
Verse.DebugTool:DebugToolOnGUI()
Verse.DebugTools:DebugToolsOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

The freeze involves Hospitality and is pretty circumstantial, but caused by this spam error. I doubt it's a compatibility issue, just the game trying to handle a spike of information (visitors) while it's already freaking out. So feel free to skip the rest.

When there's dangers in your colony (or in my case, no guest beds) the mod gives you the option to ensure their safety, or send them away. While the error is being spammed, it causes Hospitality to spam that window as well. So, you can ensure their safety an infinite number of times, causing the game to spawn the visitors whenever clicked, or you can keep trying to send them away. Regardless, the window keeps popping and you're forced to close the game. When you try to circumvent this by having guest beds or otherwise no dangers in your map, the game just hard freezes due to the CE-related error being spammed. If I force-tame/kill the colonist before the visitors ask for safety, the error stops and Hospitality proceeds as normal.

Thanks again for everyone's time and effort!
-Weegee

spyfox321

Suggestion : Can we just replace Promethum with Chemfuel entirely?

Or maybe changing Blazebulbs to produce Chemfuel or FSX instead.

Since now creating Chemfuel is an actually a viable industry (With the introduction of Chemfuel Generators and Chemfuel from milking Boomalopes).

Having a 2nd Flammable substance called "Promethum" for weapons feels redundant.

Oh yeah also there's a small 'bug' where if I use this mod with "Don't shave your head!" the backpack goes on the top layer and it looks weird.

Kapun

I don't use that mod and i still see weird backpack going over head texture, but only when pawn is pointed bottom so you can see his/her face well (like when the pawn is going from top of the map towards the bottom)

Kori

Since the official B18 release there is a problem when creating a loadout with the Make Loadout button in the pawn's inventory, so that ammo will be counted and added to the loadout as Any Drugs.

When you give your pawn a survival rifle and 90 ammo and create the loadout, the result will be
-Survival rifle: 1
-Any Drugs: 93 (90 ammo + the amount for any drugs that's always added to a new loadout)

This definitely didn't happen with the RC1, not sure about RC2.

WREN_PL

Ummm...

I noticed some kind of bug when using Embrasures with CE.

Every time tribals or mechs come close to the wall, colonists tend to fire MikolMGL so close to the wall/corner there is 50% chance of hitting wall in front of them exploding themselves and potentially setting ammo off, which when f.ex. 20 rounds were left on ground, creates instead of a crater "continuous circle of doom" farting ring of projectiles with descending frequency which deals so much damage it deletes EVERYTHING no matter how strong it was in 5 square radius.

Epishade

So my last problem I posted about has gone away since the latest release (yay).  I have another issue that I don't think was ever fixed from previous versions though.

When I assign a pawn to tame/train/handle an animal and they have a loadout assigned, they will constantly get stuck in a loop of picking up the food and dropping it because, I assume, they don't have that food in their loadout so they'll drop it, but then they have to grab the food to handle the animals again.  It also causes extreme lag when my pawns do this, so luckily I notice pretty quickly what the problem.

Are there any plans to introduce a fix for this without changing my pawn's loadout every time I want an animal handled?  Maybe something like, ignore pawn check for loadout when handling animals?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Epishade on February 28, 2018, 03:54:35 PM
So my last problem I posted about has gone away since the latest release (yay).  I have another issue that I don't think was ever fixed from previous versions though.

When I assign a pawn to tame/train/handle an animal and they have a loadout assigned, they will constantly get stuck in a loop of picking up the food and dropping it because, I assume, they don't have that food in their loadout so they'll drop it, but then they have to grab the food to handle the animals again.  It also causes extreme lag when my pawns do this, so luckily I notice pretty quickly what the problem.

Are there any plans to introduce a fix for this without changing my pawn's loadout every time I want an animal handled?  Maybe something like, ignore pawn check for loadout when handling animals?

That's a known conflict with Smarter Food Selection
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."