[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyoian

getting this error when sappers come to raid me with explosives like hand grenades and stick bombs. Have ammo turned off.

Vlad started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. List: (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_2775930)) , (UseVerbOnThing (Job_2775931) A=Thing_Door474226) , (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_2775933)) , (UseVerbOnThing (Job_2775935) A=Thing_Door474226) ,
(WaitMaintainPosture (Job_2775936)) , (UseVerbOnThing (Job_2775937) A=Thing_Door474226) , (WaitMaintainPosture (Job_2775938)) , (UseVerbOnThing (Job_2775940) A=Thing_Door474226) ,
(WaitMaintainPosture (Job_2775941)) , and (UseVerbOnThing (Job_2775942) A=Thing_Door474226) lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_AISapper, curJob.def=UseVerbOnThing, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_CastVerbOnce
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:FinalizeTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Nalcarum

Firstly, thanks for amazing mod. With this, combat actually makes sense. But I would have one request. Could it be made possibly to close the embasures like vents? Right now they pass the heat constantly, and thus making second line of defence inside the base is kinda hard. Or could I make this modification myself? Thanks again!

ptx

Quote from: temple_wing on April 14, 2018, 07:02:46 AM
I have made a patch to this mod to allow bullet to be able to penetrate body, wall, etc. I issued a pull request, please take a look at that.
https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/pull/480

Railgun please, and Xray range finder so you could target those inside the wall.

Does anyone know any gun installable turret mod like Misc Objects' turret?
Installing beanbag shotgun turret to my prison does look like a really good idea.

alex009374

So most Sniper Rifles and Machine Guns have the same range of 75?
Why would I wanna use a Sniper Rifle? Machine Guns kill things a lot faster.

Trimm

Quote from: alex009374 on April 18, 2018, 04:57:39 AM
So most Sniper Rifles and Machine Guns have the same range of 75?
Why would I wanna use a Sniper Rifle? Machine Guns kill things a lot faster.

I noticed this as well. Sniper rifles don't really have a 'role' in the current CE, so I upped their range manually to 90. Now they can out-range anything, but the trade off is you need a very skilled shooter to hit at that range and raiders can fire on you outside of M240B range as well, so you can't just ignore their snipers anymore.

Reedex

Hi , i managed to spawn some nod from Tiberim  with CE modified nod laser rifle, but they are out of ammo all the time,...could you help me find xml with that? or basically just point me. :)) thanks

firestrock

Would it be possible to make a mortar projectile out of an antigrain warhead? I got some of them lying around and would like to shoot them from a safe distance.

Nalcarum

Loudouts stopped suddenly working, I can't edit them anymore. Get this error:

Exception filling window for CombatExtended.Dialog_ManageLoadouts: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CombatExtended.Utility_Loadouts.GetWeightAndBulkTip (Verse.ThingDef def, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.Dialog_ManageLoadouts.DrawSlot (Rect row, CombatExtended.LoadoutSlot slot, Boolean slotDraggable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.Dialog_ManageLoadouts.DrawSlotList (Rect canvas) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.Dialog_ManageLoadouts.DoWindowContents (Rect canvas) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

EDIT: I have tried to debug this and lost yet another game to save corruption. I must give up on this mod for now.

Beyondfubar

Second post here on the forums, wanted to thank the author for this amazing mod.  Seems like the depth of this game stops short of consumable projectiles and it really pulled me out of the moment when every single thing must be made and formed.. but my colonists (and the enemy!) can just spray ammo like it's free.  This shouldn't be a mod, it ought to be core.

That said I have one mod that, while it does not crash the game to desktop, it does something really wild.  When this weapon is aimed and preparing to fire the game crawls to a slide show but nothing ever happens. Other 'conflicts' just result to punching but this one just murders the framerate.  Any idea how to fix that on my end? I assume I can just hook it up to an analogous ammo type and run with that but hadn't yet seen any references to that (Except the same question, directly above this response)

Thanks again, this really makes the game for me. I also noticed there is no donation link.. If I can ever get my Java books paid for I'd like to donate a coffee

bartekkru100

A small question - are centipedes' inferno cannons and charge blasters supposed to be this powerful? My colonists usually get killed from one cannon shot (it is either an insta-death or getting burned up in a few seconds before an emergency team can get to them) or one lucky burst from the blaster.

ptx

Quote from: firestrock on April 28, 2018, 05:35:44 AM
Would it be possible to make a mortar projectile out of an antigrain warhead? I got some of them lying around and would like to shoot them from a safe distance.

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Antigrain_warhead

ptx

Since there aren't any shotgun turret, so I made a few CE ammo. I wanted to make plastic bullet, but plastic is not vanilla, so the next best thing, wooden bullet, from real life wooden bullets.

Use it with Blackie's Defensive MG Turret or any guns of that accepts 7.62x51NATO, 7.62x54R, .50BMG. Unlike shotgun's beanbag round, these wooden rounds can kill.

CE wiki said I should submit ammo, so consider this a submission.
I use FMJ graphics for this bullet, since it's easier than painting the bullet tip purple.

How: Overwrite a few files inside CombatExtended/Defs/Ammo

Uses:

• Quell prison break with lower chance of killing the prisoners, so now you can have a prisoner for life, perfect for ever growing slaver colony.
  • Higher chance of that one competent raider visiting your prison alive, just remember that an MG burst could kill. I use both this wooden rounds and shotgun beanbag.
  • Any enemies with low blunt resistance and light or no armor, such as most insects.
  • Weakens that hard to get animals without causing massive bloodloss. You now have several chance of your doctor bonding with the animal, and not racing against bloodloss. Said animal could still walk away during treatment though.
  • It's cheap, so great for hunting small animals, practice bullet or raining enemies with suppression bullets.

[attachment deleted due to age]

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Beyondfubar on April 30, 2018, 01:59:48 PM
That said I have one mod that, while it does not crash the game to desktop, it does something really wild.  When this weapon is aimed and preparing to fire the game crawls to a slide show but nothing ever happens. Other 'conflicts' just result to punching but this one just murders the framerate.  Any idea how to fix that on my end? I assume I can just hook it up to an analogous ammo type and run with that but hadn't yet seen any references to that (Except the same question, directly above this response)

If you want to make a weapon compatible, check the wiki, it has comprehensive guides on how to make all kinds of mods compatible.

QuoteThanks again, this really makes the game for me. I also noticed there is no donation link.. If I can ever get my Java books paid for I'd like to donate a coffee

Thanks, but a lot of the mod was made possible through contributions from other modders and it wouldn't seem fair to not cut them in on any monetary profits. At the same time I think any payment negotiations would only distract from the goal of making the mod as good as possible, hence CE follows a pretty strict non-profit policy.

That said, I am working on a similar project that'll be going commercial in the near future, so if you want to support games of this style keep your eyes peeled for the announcement.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

sirbardiel

Quote from: Seven on July 26, 2017, 09:12:56 AM
Since load bearing gear count as clothing, is there some way to get around the lack of a quality flag for them in the outfit template configuration (and storage, though a second stockpile can take care of that)? If you for example tell a colonist to only wear legendary clothes, they will not equip backpacks/tac vests since they don't have a quality (or rather, they seem to have a hidden one; if you set the lower limit low enough, I'm guessing at "normal", they will be equipped). I tried adding them to the loadout template instead, but that just resulted in my colonist putting them unequipped in their inventory.
How do I solve this issue? :P

Jackalvin

This mod is great, but as a mod addict, I require more sustenance.
What kinds of mod don't need to be compatible to be added. (Drugs?, Food?, Fabrics?)
-Insert Witty Joke Here-