[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaqdas

Please, can anyone help me? I can not use anti grain shells on mortars. Disable all the mods I use, delete the configuration files from the CONFIG folder, and even though I have anti grams shells I can not use them in mortars, I do not have them in the selection of shells, please someone knows if this would be a bug or something the type? I do not think anyone with this problem, no topic or anything, that only happens to me?

Alistaire

Quote from: Alaqdas on June 13, 2018, 09:27:17 PM
Please, can anyone help me? I can not use anti grain shells on mortars. Disable all the mods I use, delete the configuration files from the CONFIG folder, and even though I have anti grams shells I can not use them in mortars, I do not have them in the selection of shells, please someone knows if this would be a bug or something the type? I do not think anyone with this problem, no topic or anything, that only happens to me?

It's a known bug and NIA fixed it in the Development branch on Github.

Flying Lizard

So, I'm currently playing a new colony with this mod (and several others) and so far I really like it. :) There appeared a problem though, now that I'm further down the techtree. So far I'm not really sure if it is a problem inherent with Combat Extended, or if it is a mod conflict. Maybe it's already known behaviour? I'd like to make sure I'm not chasing ghosts, before I start looking for conflicts.

Are Raiders (mostly Pirates, though it happened with Tribals as well) supposed to just loiter around after coming under heavy fire? What is happening, is that a Raid is starting to charge towards my defense, but after I start damaging and suppresing them (Sniper, MG, Mortar, forward Grenade Spamer, anything goes) they seem to forget what they are doing. Instead of actually attacking me, bringing their close quarter units into the fray, they start "Wandering", just waiting in the forest for me to pick them off one by one. If they have Snipers of their own, they may start shooting back, but otherwise they don't really do anything. This goes on for quite a while, when I stop firing on them, they will charge again after a while, only to stop after being fired upon again.

Just to be clear, I'm NOT talking about them being locked down by suppresing fire, I'm talking about them just wandering around, even when there is no fire at all incoming (or only some guys at the flanks are being picked off by my snipers)

This is getting kind of ridiculous and taking all the fun out of the game, I just shut down an 18 man Raid with a single guy, although they could have EASILY rushed him.

Other than that, thanks a lot for the great mod :)

Edit:
An afterthought: It looks kind of, as if the pawns loose their assigned "job" of "attacking that base" after being suppresed, and it takes them a while until they get that job reasigned.

Alaqdas

Quote from: Alistaire on June 14, 2018, 03:49:09 AM
Quote from: Alaqdas on June 13, 2018, 09:27:17 PM

It's a known bug and NIA fixed it in the Development branch on Github.

And how can I get this fix? I installed the mod on Steam, and also on github but I still can not use anti grain shells, besides I have another problem, when I am going to invade other camps the turrets do not have ammunition. Can this be a problem in the hosted mod? It is not possible that only I am having these problems.

dareddevil7

So is anything that spawns shrapnel just gonna be a lagfest or is that a bug?

Jagerius

Quote from: dareddevil7 on June 16, 2018, 04:19:31 PM

I hope it's just a bug, since 1.0 is just around the corner, I'm looking forward for this mod to get updated.

BTW. I've tried the "bullet penetration" build off github, had some strange issues where bullets mid-flight and shrapnels were stuck in things or mid air, cluttering the map to the point I had to use the dev mode to remove them.

batonio

Loadbearings gear drawing still overlapp pawn head. I fixed it with deleting that strings

<li Class="CombatExtended.VisibleAccessoryDefExtension">
        <order>2</order>
      </li>
    </modExtensions>

Did they are essential?

Jagerius

Quote from: dareddevil7 on June 16, 2018, 04:19:31 PM

Well, to correct my earlier post, someone on reddit claims that this may be incompatibility with Doors Expanded. Worth a try!

thejinn

Quote from: 9517888 on May 30, 2018, 04:05:49 AM
Is this mod still compatible with EPOE? Colonist can't wear shield if he/she has bionic arm. I am using a lot of other mods, but I don't think the are to blame for this particular case. Can someone try to replicate it?

Like this user, I am having the same issue with ballistic shields.  Here's a bit of a description of what I saw: My pawn with one natural arm had one bionic arm and could use the shield no problem.  The issue arose when I replaced his other natural arm with a bionic hand.  When this happened, I was really puzzled when it says a body part is missing when I try to wear the shield. 

To fix it, I tried a few things.  I crafted another bionic arm, thinking maybe I had just installed the hand to my shoulder, and that the arm contains the hand piece (which accounts for the increased cost of arm vs hand).  Replacing the bionic hand with a bionic arm did not fix it.  I tried to install the hand while I had both bionic arms installed but that was a no go. 

Or maybe I'm missing something here?  I had asked on EPOE's thread and it was suggested to me maybe it had to do with the way bionic appendages are handled.

Divenity

Quote from: thejinn on July 02, 2018, 06:41:20 PM
Is this mod still compatible with EPOE? Colonist can't wear shield if he/she has bionic arm. I am using a lot of other mods, but I don't think the are to blame for this particular case. Can someone try to replicate it?

Like this user, I am having the same issue with ballistic shields.  Here's a bit of a description of what I saw: My pawn with one natural arm had one bionic arm and could use the shield no problem.  The issue arose when I replaced his other natural arm with a bionic hand.  When this happened, I was really puzzled when it says a body part is missing when I try to wear the shield. 

To fix it, I tried a few things.  I crafted another bionic arm, thinking maybe I had just installed the hand to my shoulder, and that the arm contains the hand piece (which accounts for the increased cost of arm vs hand).  Replacing the bionic hand with a bionic arm did not fix it.  I tried to install the hand while I had both bionic arms installed but that was a no go. 

Or maybe I'm missing something here?  I had asked on EPOE's thread and it was suggested to me maybe it had to do with the way bionic appendages are handled.

This is a problem with the base game, has nothing to do with either mod... The post you quoted was answered in the post immediately following it, which said this.

thejinn

So the only thing that is to be done is to avoid it?  And that is...not having more than one bionic upper appendage?

Divenity

Quote from: thejinn on July 03, 2018, 03:03:38 AM
So the only thing that is to be done is to avoid it?  And that is...not having more than one bionic upper appendage?

Pretty much, best way to make use of them is to just equip them with weapons that require two hands.

Canute

But how you can equip it with 2 hands, when the basic game offer Bionic arm's without hands.
Then the mod maybe should find other ways to check if these weapon can be equiped, or maybe patch the Bionic arm's to have hands.

thejinn

Quote from: thejinn on July 02, 2018, 06:41:20 PM

So I'm doing some additional testing, with the following results.  Installing a bionic hand on someone with natural limbs retains their ability to use shields.  However, when I removed one of the two bionic arms from my original bionic pawn, he ended up with "cut off" at the shoulder.  Because of that, there is no longer any way to attach a hand. 

I also tried to install a bionic hand over an arm, and it'll take off the hand and attach the arm.  In both situations, the pawn retains their ability to use a shield.  I can't think of any other variations but if I do additional testing, I'll add it here in hopes it helps someone fix the issue. 

crazyroosterman

hey there! so id like to report a bug it pretty revolves around raids and their ammo you see the raids are pretty much as normal except they have no ammo in their guns (persifick guns bows seem to be fine) or on their person full stop.
apart from lmgs bizarrely they have the ammo they should have.

I've turned off my 2 mods that directly affect raids ,sometimes raids go wrong, and ,sun tzus raider tactics, next ill be turning off the ones that I think indirectly affect raids.

also using hugslibs debug functionality I got a file relating to the core problem that combat extended seems to be having which is in the debug log im getting (which seems to repeat for each pawn with a gun) ,Ce tried generating load out for (name of character here) without complnventory.

I also got the game log uploaded with said functionality it looks like gibberish to me but hopefully it'll come in handy to anybody that takes an interest.

now mod list in the order as I put them here that I have turned on as off this post (not including the dormant ones)
1 MOD-E
2 core
3 hugslib
4 miscellaneous core
5 misc map generator
6 realistic darkness v4.95 B18
7 Mechanoids extraordinaire
8 increased forest density-base version
9 ultimate survival
10 miniaturisation 
11 combat extended
12 set-up camp
13 hospitality
14 dodging rebalanced
15 prisoner harvesting
16 crash landing
17 area unlocker
18 Ed embrasures
19 osirasama
20 survivalists additions
21 tribal essentials ,b18,
22 psychology
23 extended prosthetics and organ engineering 
24 misc incidents
25 misc training
26 RBSE hard-core edition
27 p-music
28 reduced path cost for tree
29 smart medicine
30 venom
31 zombie field (zombie apocalypse)
32 terra core/framework ,b18,
33 research tree
34 humanoid alien races 2.0
35 animal tab
36 hand me that brick.

edit I figured out the problem it was a conflict between ultimate survival and combat extended.