[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicsol

Quote from: Xubrim on August 24, 2018, 12:00:59 AM
Quote from: Logicsol on August 23, 2018, 08:49:10 PM
It there any way to adjust the behavior of lost limbs? It feels a bit problematic that wild animals will bleed out from any limb loss.

I know Gameplay > Realism, but bleeding out because your legs got blown off sounds pretty reasonable. Lost limbs are some of the most grievous injuries possible. If an animal could walk that off, wouldn't they start to feel a bit zombieish? Or what did you have in mind?

I admit that manhunters feel pretty trivialized by a couple full auto colonists, but I'm not sure that's the way to fix it. Maybe make them a little more difficult to hit? I don't know.

Wild animals regularly survive losing limbs. Now they do often die from other predators if weakened, or infection, or starvation, or of course, blood less.

But not always blood loss.

The simulation supports all those things, but with limb loss effectively not ever healing, any lost limbs(at least so far in my experience) leads to death via blood loss.

I'd like to see a chance of those happening, instead of always blood loss.  So a slow healing that offers a chance to Survive.

Edit: for more insight, a big part of why I want to tweak this is wild animal fights. Any time I see two wild animals fight, unless there is an extreme difference between the two (ie mega fauna crocodile vs rabbit), both die because they almost always sever a limb in the melee.

PleccyMM

I've created a patch for my mod Infectious Creatures. I'm not sure whether you take on patches from lesser known mods however I would be grateful if you would consider including it in your mod as I've had a couple of people who have received issues with my mod whilst using Combat Extended.

[attachment deleted due to age]

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: PleccyMM on August 24, 2018, 06:24:03 AM
I've created a patch for my mod Infectious Creatures. I'm not sure whether you take on patches from lesser known mods however I would be grateful if you would consider including it in your mod as I've had a couple of people who have received issues with my mod whilst using Combat Extended.

Sure, I'll add it in. Will be in the next release, although that's probably gonna be post-1.0 at this point.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Logicsol

After digging through the files, it looks like the bleed behavior is governed by the Stabilize comp in assembly, so I don't think there is a way for me to change this short of recompiling from the master after figuring out exactly what each property does.

So I guess my request would be for this: Set the bleed behavior to slowly cease. Not enough to trivialize the change, I love that stabilization is needed to save someone from severe wounds. Just enough that if the wounds aren't severe enough they stand a chance of survival.

To try and put this into other words, I feel that right now, if we had to put wounds on a 0 to 10 severity scale, that only wounds at 0 to 2 are otherwise survivable, while anything from a 3 up guarantees death without intervention.

What I'd like to see is that moderately severe wounds have a decreasing chance of survival without stabilization.

A slider type option for this would be ideal, but probably too much to ask for.

Jagerius

losthubble

One of the best mods for this game! cant wait for the next update 

Ikazuchi00

i have a little problem, not sure if it's related to CE, but some reason, the raiders from titanium+ with incendiary launchers have no ammo

supershutze

Quote from: Ikazuchi00 on September 02, 2018, 10:54:17 PM
i have a little problem, not sure if it's related to CE, but some reason, the raiders from titanium+ with incendiary launchers have no ammo

That is related, yes: Any mod that adds new pawn classes is incompatible.

CE modifies pawn classes to get them to spawn with ammo appropriate to their gun.

Ikazuchi00

Quote from: supershutze on September 02, 2018, 11:27:24 PM

CE modifies pawn classes to get them to spawn with ammo appropriate to their gun.

Werent the incendiary launchers vanilla weapons? Or is it just titanium+ itself isnt completely compatible with CE, glitter tech seems to be ok though

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Ikazuchi00 on September 02, 2018, 11:50:44 PM

Werent the incendiary launchers vanilla weapons? Or is it just titanium+ itself isnt completely compatible with CE, glitter tech seems to be ok though

Incendiary launchers are vanilla weapons, that's why they're patched to use ammo. The problem is your PawnKinds aren't patched to spawn with ammo. Glitter tech "works" because it's not patched at all, those weapons require no ammo and do 0 damage.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Ikazuchi00

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 03, 2018, 03:13:52 AM
Quote from: Ikazuchi00 on September 02, 2018, 11:50:44 PM

Incendiary launchers are vanilla weapons, that's why they're patched to use ammo. The problem is your PawnKinds aren't patched to spawn with ammo. Glitter tech "works" because it's not patched at all, those weapons require no ammo and do 0 damage.

oh i see, free kills it is, highly convenient. Also about glitter tech weapons, they do damage though, specially those commando dudes with weapons that can solo a centipede and win.

Jaszczur

Waras

just giving my feedback, ranged weapons are way too op, u can one shot everyone with SMG type weapons in close enough range or shotguns, it makes the game way too easy in some ways, melee is kinda the same like in vanila in terms of damage with some differences here and there, sometimes beheading happens more frequently, animals against gunners are now completely useless as guns can one shot any animal closing in on enemies, no matter how tough the animal is unless its a dragon xD, new balistic mode is a bit buged, bullets can hit someone standing sideways even though trajectory is clear I know its a bullet spread so its fine if one or two bullets hit it, but not all bullets..., or if a shooter is standing on a downed body this downed body will get hit first which is kinda absurd(again ALL bullets not a few), friendly fire works also when two people standing near each other they can still hit each other, but not always, so a bug probably and many more situations that I didnt explain here are somewhat absurdish