[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Man

Can't start a new colony in a new update without this mod :)

rawrfisher

I can :P
Just restarting again after its updated.  Then again I just throw random mods into the middle of a play through for laughs
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

IceSx

Amazing mod this! Any mods that add additional unarmed melee attacks like a kick or a stomp?

Ramsis

Quote from: rambo on September 22, 2018, 11:48:25 AM
Where is the DAMM update

Take it easy rambo we're all friends here. Give the mod maker time to work on the project.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Nhatorama

Can you please add:

5.56x45mm NATO, M249 (light machine gun) or something that fills the role.
5.45x39mm, Tokar-2 (light machine gun) OR RPK-74 (light machine gun) OR RPK-16 (squad automatic weapon) or something that fills the role.
.303 British, Bren (light machine gun) or something that fills the role.
.50 BMG, M2 Browning (heavy machine gun) or something that fills the role.

ultra4

i think the game already has so many guns, it doesnt really need more, it needs a tutorial if anything to help understand each guns role in the world.

I don't mean to say, no more guns.... no, just i thinks that is not the update priority at all

akimzav

I think having a lot of weapons is alright as long as they are distributed somewhat evenly between research tiers. Sadly, as of now, a whole bunch of weapons is sitting in just one research, and what is even more confusing is that crafting of all types of ammunition is also available since early game.
Other than that, mod is exceptionally good.

Razzoriel

Quote from: ultra4 on September 24, 2018, 12:29:30 PM
i think the game already has so many guns, it doesnt really need more
There's
Never
Enough
Guns

Mr_Man

i think the game already has so many guns, it doesnt really need more, it needs a tutorial if anything to help understand each guns role in the world.

I don't mean to say, no more guns.... no, just i thinks that is not the update priority at all

You need to re-read some of the finer details of CE. It's much more than just "introducing new guns."

AllenWL

Quote from: Mr_Man on September 25, 2018, 02:25:25 AM

You need to re-read some of the finer details of CE. It's much more than just "introducing new guns."

I believe that ultra4 was referring to Nhatorama's comment on adding more guns to the mod, not saying that this mod is unnecessary or anything because there are enough guns in game.

Ink.

So excited for the B19 update on this for my zombieland playthrough. Boy is it going to be rough times in that playthrough.

CloudCastle

NoImageAvailable

Short update on the status of this mod:

A couple weeks ago I contracted a wrist injury that's been severely limiting the time I can spend at a keyboard. What time I did have mostly went into a new project I've been working on for a while now. For those reasons work on a B19 version of CE has been limited to outside contributions and a release is still a good ways off.

Going forward, my wrist still needs at least another week to fully recover and once it does I will need to work through a large backlog of pent up work on my new project before I can even begin investing time into a CE update. With Rimworld 1.0 around the corner now I have therefore decided to skip B19 entirely and go straight into a 1.0 release.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Mr_Man

Maeyanie

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 02, 2018, 09:20:47 AM
A couple weeks ago I contracted a wrist injury that's been severely limiting the time I can spend at a keyboard.

Ouch... sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting us know, though.