[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtarpin

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 02, 2018, 09:20:47 AM
With Rimworld 1.0 around the corner now I have therefore decided to skip B19 entirely and go straight into a 1.0 release.

If Tynan does what he normally does, and makes 1.0 available before it is officially released, will there be development on CE during that time? CE does not seem to attempt updates based on test branch releases historically. Development does not seem to typically start until the version is officially releases.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: sgtarpin on October 03, 2018, 04:47:46 PM
With Rimworld 1.0 around the corner now I have therefore decided to skip B19 entirely and go straight into a 1.0 release.

If Tynan does what he normally does, and makes 1.0 available before it is officially released, will there be development on CE during that time? CE does not seem to attempt updates based on test branch releases historically. Development does not seem to typically start until the version is officially releases.

1.0 is already available. Tynan started a thread about in general discussion yesterday specifically to let modders know 1.0 is feature locked and ready to be modded.

flyfire2002

Hi NoImageAvailable, thanks for your awesome mod. I'm thinking about porting the stabilizing functionality into a standalone mod. What's the license you are releasing the code with on Github?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: flyfire2002 on October 05, 2018, 11:37:32 AM
Hi NoImageAvailable, thanks for your awesome mod. I'm thinking about porting the stabilizing functionality into a standalone mod. What's the license you are releasing the code with on Github?

The license is listed in the OP
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

CthulhuTactical

Its really not the same game without combat extended and its ammunition implementation -you can't balance ranged weapons properly without ammunition, so you end up with OP melee builds in vanilla.

sgtarpin

1.0 is already available. Tynan started a thread about in general discussion yesterday specifically to let modders know 1.0 is feature locked and ready to be modded.
[/quote]

Yep, then that's my question. I'm just curious if skipping b19 was in an effort to get it out sooner for 1.0, to buy some downtime for NIA after their injury, or some other reason. Will skipping b19 positively impact the release time of CE 1.0?

iceball3

Short update on the status of this mod:

A couple weeks ago I contracted a wrist injury that's been severely limiting the time I can spend at a keyboard. What time I did have mostly went into a new project I've been working on for a while now. For those reasons work on a B19 version of CE has been limited to outside contributions and a release is still a good ways off.

Going forward, my wrist still needs at least another week to fully recover and once it does I will need to work through a large backlog of pent up work on my new project before I can even begin investing time into a CE update. With Rimworld 1.0 around the corner now I have therefore decided to skip B19 entirely and go straight into a 1.0 release.
Is there any routine changes to bring it up to date that a third party could contribute, or would you like to go at the new version on your lonesome, as normal?
I haven't dipped into rimworld modding as of yet, but I figure this might be good enough reason to learn, for sure.

flyfire2002

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 05, 2018, 01:02:47 PM
Quote from: flyfire2002 on October 05, 2018, 11:37:32 AM

The license is listed in the OP

Thanks. It didn't load when I first checked.

sumghai

Quote from: iceball3 on October 08, 2018, 05:34:15 PM
Is there any routine changes to bring it up to date that a third party could contribute, or would you like to go at the new version on your lonesome, as normal?
I haven't dipped into rimworld modding as of yet, but I figure this might be good enough reason to learn, for sure.

AFAIK, NoImageAvailable does accept pull requests for code contributions to the B19 branch of his code repository on GitHub:

https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/tree/B19

I personally helped out with some routine changes, but most of the issues lie with changed assembly methods between B18, B19 and 1.0 (which are most certainly not routine coding fixes). Feel free to fork it, implement some fixes and pass them back to NoImageAvailable for his/her approval.

Eryx

Ayo! First time here, but I just wanted to ask if you could implement a few carbines.

I wasn't sure just where to ask, so please forgive me if this is the wrong place!
I just thought that the mod was missing a light, mid-range weapon that could bridge the gap between full-on rifles and SMGs.
I was thinking they'd have more or similar sway to a rifle, but more bullet deviation upon leaving the barrel for obvious reasons. Of course, range could be less, but I think it should be 48/52, akin to their rifle counterparts, so that it'd be a trade-off of weight/accuracy but not technical range, since in real life you'll probably engage with the rest of your unit.

Binos also working for snipers and the like? It doesn't seem unreasonably difficult.

A light grenade launcher like the M320 would be great, I think, if you'd add it. Speaking of...
Could underbarrel grenade launchers be added to rifles (for any rifles where you could expect one) by default, by adding a new fire mode called 'grenade,' with different calibers for different rifles? So, 40mm for the M16 and 30mm (or whatever) for the AK series?

Also, have you ever thought about other attachments? Little things like a foregrip to reduce sway, weapon sights to improve, obviously, the sight efficiency percent, etc. etc. This would probably be difficult in RW, and honestly isn't a big deal at all, just a thought.

Finally, I wanted to say that this mod is great. Seriously, it makes Rimworld combat actually feel like combat. I dare say it makes it worth playing. Get well soon; we'll be waiting!

Xubrim

Any chance of a teaser for your new project, NoImageAvailable?

Beyondfubar

GaldorOfNihelm

Quote from: Beyondfubar on October 17, 2018, 07:41:22 PM
1.0 out! Let it begin! Let it begin!

Is it out?, where can I download it? I really want to know, if anyone can help pls do :D

sumghai

Quote from: GaldorOfNihelm on October 19, 2018, 12:56:05 PM
Quote from: Beyondfubar on October 17, 2018, 07:41:22 PM
1.0 out! Let it begin! Let it begin!

Is it out?, where can I download it? I really want to know, if anyone can help pls do :D

I think what Byeondfubar meant was that Rimworld 1.0 itself has now been released, and was hoping that this would mean CE for 1.0 would come out sooner.

The thing is, CE is a very complex replacement of the stock combat and damage system, and requires a lot of work to update, especially with the changed method/classes between B18 and B19/1.0. NoImageAvailable has been quite busy lately and is also most likely still recovering from his/her wrist injury, and so at the moment, he/she is just reviewing code fixes and pull requests by other coders:

https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/tree/Development

https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/tree/B19

tl;dr - CE 1.0 is not ready yet, but people are working on it.

Maeyanie

Yeah, I did take a look to see if I could do anything useful, but all the compile errors I checked required a better knowledge of Rimworld's innards than mine to fix. Lot of new fields added to classes and such.