[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deer87

So excited :D

If I want to take a look at the new code for bow and arrows because I want to implement a compound bow as well as a few ancient armours and clothes, where can I find it? I don't really know how to code, but I can usually do some reverse engineering.
Alternatively, is the guide in the wiki still relevant?

WREN_PL

GaldorOfNihelm

God, I can't wait for it to be play ready
I am so hyped!

Facepunch

Im running a handful of mods with the Github version of CE, no crashes, and no game breaking bugs. Noticed AI may not be spawning with enough ammo, but cant be sure without further testing.

Long and short of it, is go ahead and download the WIP version, it will probably run fine, but keep in mind it isn't NIA's fault if it doesnt

NoImageAvailable

Mod now went officially from Alpha to Beta status. All features are ported and major bugs resolved, from here on out it's only non-critical bugs and balance testing. On that note, a few unplanned feature additions did sneak in at the last minute.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Deer87

Awesome. Awaiting with excitement (and a fever of 39.4 c)

rambo

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 16, 2019, 04:45:42 PM
Mod now went officially from Alpha to Beta status. All features are ported and major bugs resolved, from here on out it's only non-critical bugs and balance testing. On that note, a few unplanned feature additions did sneak in at the last minute.
was expecting an RC car bomb like the one from black ops 1

Kori

Yes, finally Beta!  :)

There is one bug that I reported for B18 and it's still present in the current beta: When you use the Make Loadout button from a colonist's inventory, all ammo will be added as "Any Drugs" to the new loadout.

NoImageAvailable

Update

1.0 Release is finally here. You can grab it through GitHub: CE - CE Guns

Some notable additions: CE Guns now features the AKS-74U (sub-carbine, fires a rifle round while being as compact as an SMG) and a flamethrower (for ammo can use Napalm made from chemfuel and jellied Prometheum), grenades received a buff to accuracy. Raids are now more varied as we removed the maximum strength on pawns in a raid. Meaning you can have raids that are just 3 guys in power armor. Good luck.

This update has been by far the longest in the making since this mod started as Combat Realism back in A8 and there are two reasons for that: one, the game had a staggering amount of under-the-hood changes making this one of the most intensive versions to update to. Two, I am moving on from Rimworld onto making my own game.

The concept is somewhat similar to Rimworld, with more of a post-apocalyptic slant. Inspiration is taken from XCOM and CDDA as you lead a band of survivors on a post-apocalyptic planet, surviving by scavenging through bombed out ruins filled with raiders, mechs and alien critters. Having to develop both a game and CE has obviously been eating into my time spent on either, so now that CE is in a finished state I am moving all my efforts onto the new project. Since people have expressed interest in supporting CE development financially before, we are launching a Patreon for the new project soon, so if you're interested and you like CE you can keep an eye out for that.

That said, I want to offer special thanks to DoomOfMax and all the other contributors who helped fill the gap in manpower and contributed to this update. They were a great help getting this mod out the door.

rambo

FINALLY, ITS DONE. thank you so much NIA for your hard work I've been waiting for since November

NoImageAvailable

Steam release now up. It's now maintained by N7Huntsman as Skullywag left the modding scene, so make sure to grab the new link from the OP.

jager666

Thank You so much NoImageAvailable and rest of the team behind this version, is a must have for me and in my opinion is one of the best mods for this game. Good luck on your future endeavors!

Kori

Thank you so much NIA and all contributors! For me Rimworld would be incomplete without CE.

sumghai

Congratulations to NIA and the CE team for the 1.0 release!

And best wishes for your upcoming project, NIA :)