[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: whyareuhere on January 24, 2019, 01:58:22 AM
Edit: Just discovered that my colonist pawns cannot treat wounds with CE. They complete the action and get exp for it, but the wounds stay untended. Help?

Between that and your arrow issue I'd say you've got some mod conflicts
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

N7Huntsman

Arrows are indeed crafted at the Crafting Spot and are currently working as intended, so yeah, you have a conflict there somewhere.

The issue with wounds not being healed was reported to me, and it appears to be a conflict with Field Medic, which uses code derived from Combat Extended's stabilization system. Disable Field Medic.
The Rim is a cruel place.

f0xhunt

Can we get a recipe to craft FSX or just get rid of it entirely?

It seems like FSX was added before boomalopes could be milked for chemfuel. Now that they can be milked for chemfuel, FSX is redundant. I know it's not that hard to make chemfuel with a generator but imo it's annoying that boomalopes don't milk for chemfuel. Plus it some terrains don't have boomalopes at all.

Also, how do we use CE guns and Rimfire together? They add the same guns sometimes like the AK47 and Vector.

forumgod

Why is fsx a thing when chemfuel exists already?

f0xhunt

How do I prioritize getting ammo so my colonist don't run off to get food when they don't have ammo? It's extremely annoying when you have a nest of insects next to your head.

Superlagg

Hi! I updated the set of patches I made for a bunch of the alien races. Neat, huh?

You can find it here: https://github.com/Superlagg/Furry-Patches/releases/tag/1.0

Included:

Just extract the archive into your Combat Extended folder and it should work. Works best if you use a local installation of CE, too.

A few things to note:
All of the alien weapons are largely untested outside of seeing if they hold ammo and shoot. Needless to say, they have not been balanced.
The Xenn Frost and Burn Cannons are the exact same weapon, as I wanted to limit the number of new ammos that needed to be added. They do work, and the custom ammoset should make up for this though.
The Orassan Rocketlauncher is more or less a reskinned RPG. Even fires RPG-7 rockets, too.
The Orassan Cryolauncher refused to be patched and thus has infinite ammo. Seems to work just fine, otherwise.
The Ferret F90 uses more common ammunition, cus otherwise it'd be the only gun (aside from Rimfire) to use 5.7 bullets.
Most of the alien races somehow have access to Orassan and Ni'hal guns, at least at higher levels.
The Orassan and Ni'Hal guns might be kinda OP.
The newly added melee weapons might be a bit wet-noodly. I'll probably up the armor penetration.
I think I made the drakes a little hardcore.
Most of the alien races are stuck on full-auto snapshot and I don't know why.
Tribal aliens tend to come with ballistic shields.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: nickdos on February 01, 2019, 05:58:05 AM

a) FSX predates chemfuel by far, so really you ought to be asking why is chemfuel a thing when FSX exists already
b) They're completely different resources. One is gasoline, the other a military grade explosive. And for balance sake I'd rather not have those manufacturable in mass from some wood you had lying around.

Quote from: f0xhunt on February 01, 2019, 06:04:27 AM
How do I prioritize getting ammo so my colonist don't run off to get food when they don't have ammo? It's extremely annoying when you have a nest of insects next to your head.

You can right-click order someone to pick up ammo just like anything else.

Jan2607

How about crafting FSX from Gasoline?
In some cases you really can't afford to have a herd of boomalopes (for example, when you play in cold biomes, where you'll need all your food for your colonists and you can't feed animals through the winter).

ultra4

Quote from: Jan2607 on February 01, 2019, 11:35:24 AM
In some cases you really can't afford to have a herd of boomalopes (for example, when you play in cold biomes, where you'll need all your food for your colonists and you can't feed animals through the winter).

a slow (energy consuming) process. I mostly play in extreme deserts, it's the same, every heat wave means bye bye farm animals, they dont wander in, need to be bough (that can be a long and lucky trade) and a heat wave may come before the milking

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Jan2607 on February 01, 2019, 11:35:24 AM

If you're in cold biomes you can always farm blazebulb which can be mostly used in the same roles as FSX. If that doesn't work for you either you can always call in a bulk goods trader, they always have ample supplies of both.

forumgod

Are inferno cannon centipedes supposed to be so fucking broken or are you guys just not playtesting without godmode on?
Just a heads up to anyone that is about to download this: don't it's just as bad as vanilla rimworld

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: nickdos on February 01, 2019, 05:31:12 PM
Are inferno cannon centipedes supposed to be so fucking broken or are you guys just not playtesting without godmode on?
Just a heads up to anyone that is about to download this: don't it's just as bad as vanilla rimworld

Never played without this mod since I started it back in A8. Never had to use cheese, killboxes, etc. don't even build defenses until year 2 or so. This mod requires you to think about how you engage enemies, if you just want something where you can just line everyone up in a killbox to make the enemies go away without issues I'm afraid this is not the mod for you.

Beyondfubar

Combat extended is out? Well now I can play Rimworld again! YES! Steam says the last time I did that was September. Guess that means I can play Earth Wind and Fire legally while I harvest prisoners.

f0xhunt

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 01, 2019, 11:08:02 AM
Quote from: nickdos on February 01, 2019, 05:58:05 AM

a) FSX predates chemfuel by far, so really you ought to be asking why is chemfuel a thing when FSX exists already
b) They're completely different resources. One is gasoline, the other a military grade explosive. And for balance sake I'd rather not have those manufacturable in mass from some wood you had lying around.

Quote from: f0xhunt on February 01, 2019, 06:04:27 AM

You can right-click order someone to pick up ammo just like anything else.

Maybe FSX should be refinable from chemfuel in the drug lab? So FSX is still a somewhat gated but not entirely through animals.

forumgod

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 01, 2019, 05:59:31 PM
Quote from: nickdos on February 01, 2019, 05:31:12 PM

Never played without this mod since I started it back in A8. Never had to use cheese, killboxes, etc. don't even build defenses until year 2 or so. This mod requires you to think about how you engage enemies, if you just want something where you can just line everyone up in a killbox to make the enemies go away without issues I'm afraid this is not the mod for you.

Please enlighten me with your strategy about them master, you are definitely a proficient video game player that takes a lot of pride in video games

Quote from: Jan2607 on December 07, 2018, 03:21:24 PM
The Inferno cannon is way too overpowered at the moment and armor pen doesn't work on centipedes. I had now two times mechanoids and there was always a sentipede with inferno cannon. He alone wiped out my full 15 people colony. My colonists had 90 mm flak turrets, M240b and KVP machine guns, .50 sniper rifles and lots of machine guns.
It is nearly impossible to bring a centipede down before the inferno cannon destroys the whole colony. I tried it with a lot of spacing between my colonists, but it didn't work. Even when the inferno cannon doesn't hit my colonists, it will destroy walls behind them and set the colony on fire, which I also can't ignore.
The centipede was hit by dozens of .50 bullets, around 10 90mm HEAT shells (that didn't nothing to him. I thought, HEAT is "High explosive anti TANK" -> if it kills a tank, shouldn't it also kill a centipede?!) and hundreds of 7,62x51mm NATO AP bullets and it still shot my colony to pieces.
And it was only one...
Also, I think the splash damage of the inferno cannon does to much damage to walls. It shouldn't be an artillery.
Quote from: Jan2607 on December 07, 2018, 04:57:49 PM
I'm using the 1.0 version N7 mentioned above. Since it is not Steam workshop I'm not sure if it is the latest version.

I researched charged weapons. Besides this, the charge lance can be crafted without the research. I looked for recipe in loading bench and machining table, but I only did find 8x35mm, which doesn't work on the lance.

Well, if centipedes would be easier to kill, the cannon shouldnt be that big issue anymore. But combined with the nearly invincible centipede it is too powerful at the moment.

Quote from: bartekkru100 on April 30, 2018, 07:05:35 PM
A small question - are centipedes' inferno cannons and charge blasters supposed to be this powerful? My colonists usually get killed from one cannon shot (it is either an insta-death or getting burned up in a few seconds before an emergency team can get to them) or one lucky burst from the blaster.

too bad lads I think this mod's dev thinks you are stupid