[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaia

Just a quick information: You probably should do conditional patches with your mod to avoid incompabilities to other mods, which modify existing stuff (duh! :P)

My mod (toxic fallout protection suit) and CE both modify the toxicsensitivity stat of the power armor, resulting in an error. I already fixed that on my end, but to help with other incompabilities, you could (or should) use patch sequences

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: nickdos on February 02, 2019, 01:41:39 PM
Please enlighten me with your strategy about them master, you are definitely a proficient video game player that takes a lot of pride in video games

It's all about weapon choice. KPV's will kill a Centipede in one good burst. RPG's with HEAT will usually one-shot them. Early game you have all that EMP weaponry, grenades, shotgun slugs, etc. will completely bypass Centipede armor. Full-auto shotguns with EMP slugs can tear through all types of mechanoids pretty quickly. And don't even get me started on AGS-30 loaded with EMP grenades.

That's the ideal options you want to be working towards and they're all things you can reasonably have by end of year 1 when mechs start raiding. Even if you can't/won't prioritize those though you can still fall back on the lower-tier alternatives: PTRS rifles, stick bombs, frags and molotovs all work if you can deploy a decent number of them, albeit less effectively.

CE balances Centipedes roughly equivalent to a light armored vehicle. If something like this rolled up to your house with a 30mm auto-cannon, your first instinct wouldn't be to charge it with a pistol, would it? You need specialized anti-tank weapons and tactics and that's where most players new to the mod trip up, because Rimworld teaches you the only way to fight is lure stuff into your killbox and shoot it with whatever gun has the highest DPS. That's why the old CR OP had an FAQ section dealing specifically with Centipede tactics and why CE includes a learning helper entry telling you to get heavy weapons to fight Centipedes with.

Quotetoo bad lads I think this mod's dev thinks you are stupid

I like the fact you have to quote a guy playing on a non-public dev build where Centipede armor was bugged to be twice it's normal value for support. But hey, if that makes you feel better about your opinion ;)

Quote from: Chaia on February 02, 2019, 03:15:49 PM
Just a quick information: You probably should do conditional patches with your mod to avoid incompabilities to other mods, which modify existing stuff (duh! :P)

My mod (toxic fallout protection suit) and CE both modify the toxicsensitivity stat of the power armor, resulting in an error. I already fixed that on my end, but to help with other incompabilities, you could (or should) use patch sequences

CE already uses sequences wherever practical but if we did them for every change we make we'd end up with a huge number of extra operations. CE already has a massive impact on startup times due to the amount of patches, I'd rather not make it worse. Thanks for fixing it on your end though.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

NoImageAvailable

Update
CE has been updated to 1.2

This is mostly a maintenance release. Besides some fixes for minor bugs it includes the alien race patches kindly provided by Superlagg, as well as improved RunAndGun integration.

Using 1.2 with the upcoming version of RunAndGun will prompt you to set your RunAndGun configuration to CE defaults. This is to help cut down on AI oddities when raiders try to hip-fire sniper rifles or rocket launchers and end up blowing themselves up.

CE Guns got updated to 1.1, only change is an updated Russian translation provided by Flagitio. If you're not playing the game in Russian you can skip this update.

NoImageAvailable

Update
1.2b Hotfix released

Fixes broken reload button, turret operators not fetching ammo for manned turrets and RPG-7 thermobaric rockets.

akiceabear

Perhaps it makes sense to also rebalance predators damage? Seeing wargs take dozens of hits on a rat to kill them, seems that once they get them knocked out the next bite should be fatal. Assume there are similar balance issues with other melee animals.

Faryzal2020

i'm having trouble in making a CE patch for my mod. can anyone show me an example on how to make a mortar turret with CE? the examples are all turrets that uses BaseGun which makes the turret top texture cant be resized with <turretTopDrawSize>. or is it not possible to resize the top texture of the turret if used with CE?
Check out my mod: Definitely More Cannons

NoImageAvailable

Update
1.2c released

Hotfix for the melee issue many people have been experiencing. Armor penetration on melee attacks was bugged at -1, so nothing could ever penetrate, now things are working properly again.

WREN_PL

I have to say, every time anything explodes there is MASSIVE lag spike while frags spawn around.

When raiders assault with grenades it's even worse, as lag spike causes them to throw multiple grenades at the same time, in addition making avoiding vaporization by nades impossible.

Tacoburger

Quote from: WREN_PL on February 04, 2019, 05:57:41 PM
I have to say, every time anything explodes there is MASSIVE lag spike while frags spawn around.

When raiders assault with grenades it's even worse, as lag spike causes them to throw multiple grenades at the same time, in addition making avoiding vaporization by nades impossible.

ditto

Angryofficer

i disabled ammo mid-game and got a siege and the raiders keep getting empty drop pods, they're also unable to shoot their mortar guns. when I re-enabled ammo the next drop pod gave them mortar shells, but they never loaded them and simply sat around at their siege camp. is there any way to fix this?

Ra1612

Enable dev mode, select kill, kill all raiders and hope for the next raid to function well or you have to restart afaik

Angryofficer

Quote from: Ra1612 on February 06, 2019, 06:37:36 AM
Enable dev mode, select kill, kill all raiders and hope for the next raid to function well or you have to restart afaik
i just tried this and it didn't work, neither did making a new game and dev spawning in a siege. guess i just have to wait for a fix or just devspawn a raid and delete the siege every time i get one. also i noticed in the test game i quickly made that mortar ammo seems to get deleted along with normal stuff when you disable ammo, but they can just shoot forever when you man them.

also enabling ammo and reloading the save got the siege to properly load the shells, but i really hate the ammo system because of the hassle of loadouts so i'd rather play with it off

NoImageAvailable

Angryofficer

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 07, 2019, 06:35:46 AM
Quote from: Angryofficer on February 05, 2019, 08:31:26 PM
is there any way to fix this?

The fix is to start a new colony.

it still didn't work after i started a new colony with ammunition disabled in the start screen before hitting new game and dev spawned a siege, they had the exact same behavior. using mortars with my own colonists allowed them to fire indefinitely as well, which i assume isn't intentional either

Beyondfubar

I have a bit of a question: do bullets pass through pawns?  I love using up ammo so I am always using automatics, so I can't tell but that seems like it could be a thing.