[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Xubrim on March 25, 2019, 09:23:50 PM
Sorry if this was already asked and I couldn't find it, but is there some deeper balance reason behind almost halving the body size of dromedaries? Nerfing the carry weight of a dromedary while boosting it for a muffalo and alpaca does curious things to the status quo of caravan animals.

Body sizes are based on IRL size to get accurate hitboxes.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

kenmtraveller

That's odd, in real life dromedaries are much larger animals than yak or buffalo, from which I assume muffalo are derived.  But I'm not sure their carrying capacity is correspondingly bigger.

WREN_PL

What is this random outdated ammo I keep finding?

Piat rounds, panzershrek rockets and some other medium rifle rounds. I've never seen the guns those are for.

IceAero

Quote from: WREN_PL on April 02, 2019, 05:37:01 PM
What is this random outdated ammo I keep finding?

Piat rounds, panzershrek rockets and some other medium rifle rounds. I've never seen the guns those are for.

Are you also using the Hospitality mod?  I've seen this as well and wondered this as well, and suspect that these are being left as gifts from visitors.  It's annoying because there is no way to actually get rid of this stuff.

WREN_PL

Jan2607

It may come from compatibility patches that are included in CE.

whyareuhere

Hello, I seem to have an issue where certain textures of Combat Extended apparel seem to be missing textures (such as the tactical vest and tactical helmet). I have verified that the textures do exist, it just seems that Rimworld doesn't recognize them...

whyareuhere

In addition, I get the error log here:

Saving _def
Verse.Log:Message(String, Boolean)
CombatExtended.HoldRecord:ExposeData()
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode(XmlNode, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(List`1&, Boolean, String, LookMode, Object[])

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Apparel/TacVest_Male, color=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000)). Filenames have changed; if you are converting an old mod, recommend renaming textures from *_back to *_north, *_side to *_east, and *_front to *_south.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Graphic_Multi:Init(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:GetInner(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:Get(String, Shader, Vector2, Color)
RimWorld.ApparelGraphicRecordGetter:TryGetGraphicApparel(Apparel, BodyTypeDef, ApparelGraphicRecord&)
Verse.PawnGraphicSet:ResolveApparelGraphics()
Verse.PawnGraphicSet:ResolveAllGraphics()
Verse.PawnRenderer:RenderPawnAt_Patch2(Object, Vector3, RotDrawMode, Boolean)
Verse.PawnRenderer:RenderPawnAt(Vector3)
Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker:DrawAt(Vector3)
Verse.Pawn:DrawAt_Patch1(Object, Vector3, Boolean)
Verse.Thing:Draw()
Verse.ThingWithComps:Draw()
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Spawning Random Prey, Because I Can. Deal with it.maxdensity:986.6667, current:80.34998, spawning:AA_ShockGoat
RimWorld.Alert_PreyPopulationStable:GetReport()
RimWorld.Alert:get_Active()
RimWorld.AlertsReadout:AlertsReadoutUpdate()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootUpdate()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch2(Object)

Spawning Random Prey, Because I Can. Deal with it.maxdensity:986.6667, current:80.34998, spawning:ACPRedPanda

Spawning Random Prey, Because I Can. Deal with it.maxdensity:986.6667, current:80.34998, spawning:ACPKiwi

Spawning Random Prey, Because I Can. Deal with it.maxdensity:986.6667, current:80.34998, spawning:AA_Wildpawn

Spawning Random Prey, Because I Can. Deal with it.maxdensity:986.6667, current:80.34998, spawning:AA_OvergrownColossus

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ExpandedIncidents.Harmony.InteractionWorkerCliquePatch.ManageCliques (RimWorld.InteractionWorker,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x000a3>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InteractionWorker.Interacted_Patch2 (object,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.RulePackDef>,string&,string&,Verse.LetterDef&) <0x0004d>
at Rumor_Code.CaravanSocialManager.TryInteractWith (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,RimWorld.InteractionDef) <0x002e4>
at Rumor_Code.CaravanSocialManager.TryInteractRandomly (Verse.Pawn) <0x0032e>
at Rumor_Code.CaravanSocialManager.MakeCaravanInteract (RimWorld.Planet.Caravan) <0x000e0>
at Rumor_Code.CaravanSocialManager.MakeCaravansInteract () <0x00084>
at Rumor_Code.Watcher.MapComponentTick () <0x00058>
at Verse.MapComponentUtility.MapComponentTick (Verse.Map) <0x00075>

Verse.MapComponentUtility:MapComponentTick(Map)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: whyareuhere on April 11, 2019, 02:14:23 AM
In addition, I get the error log here:

Saving _def
CombatExtended.HoldRecord:ExposeData()
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode(XmlNode, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(List`1&, Boolean, String, LookMode, Object[])

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Apparel/TacVest_Male, color=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000)). Filenames have changed; if you are converting an old mod, recommend renaming textures from *_back to *_north, *_side to *_east, and *_front to *_south.
Verse.Graphic_Multi:Init(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:GetInner(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:Get(String, Shader, Vector2, Color)
RimWorld.ApparelGraphicRecordGetter:TryGetGraphicApparel(Apparel, BodyTypeDef, ApparelGraphicRecord&)
Verse.PawnGraphicSet:ResolveApparelGraphics()
Verse.PawnGraphicSet:ResolveAllGraphics()
Verse.PawnRenderer:RenderPawnAt_Patch2(Object, Vector3, RotDrawMode, Boolean)
Verse.PawnRenderer:RenderPawnAt(Vector3)
Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker:DrawAt(Vector3)
Verse.Pawn:DrawAt_Patch1(Object, Vector3, Boolean)
Verse.Thing:Draw()
Verse.ThingWithComps:Draw()
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()

Spawning Random Prey, Because I Can. Deal with it.maxdensity:986.6667, current:80.34998, spawning:AA_ShockGoat

Spawning Random Prey, Because I Can. Deal with it.maxdensity:986.6667, current:80.34998, spawning:ACPRedPanda

Spawning Random Prey, Because I Can. Deal with it.maxdensity:986.6667, current:80.34998, spawning:ACPKiwi

Spawning Random Prey, Because I Can. Deal with it.maxdensity:986.6667, current:80.34998, spawning:AA_Wildpawn

Spawning Random Prey, Because I Can. Deal with it.maxdensity:986.6667, current:80.34998, spawning:AA_OvergrownColossus

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ExpandedIncidents.Harmony.InteractionWorkerCliquePatch.ManageCliques (RimWorld.InteractionWorker,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x000a3>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InteractionWorker.Interacted_Patch2 (object,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.RulePackDef>,string&,string&,Verse.LetterDef&) <0x0004d>
at Rumor_Code.CaravanSocialManager.TryInteractWith (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,RimWorld.InteractionDef) <0x002e4>
at Rumor_Code.CaravanSocialManager.TryInteractRandomly (Verse.Pawn) <0x0032e>
at Rumor_Code.CaravanSocialManager.MakeCaravanInteract (RimWorld.Planet.Caravan) <0x000e0>
at Rumor_Code.CaravanSocialManager.MakeCaravansInteract () <0x00084>
at Rumor_Code.Watcher.MapComponentTick () <0x00058>
at Verse.MapComponentUtility.MapComponentTick (Verse.Map) <0x00075>

Verse.MapComponentUtility:MapComponentTick(Map)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()

Are you on an outdated version?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Nynzal

There seems to be a "bug" with queued pick up jobs, that they ignore the weight limit of a pawn.
E.g. I have 2k corn to pick up, so one pawn is tasked to pick up each pile as a queued job. The pawn then happily takes all of it in the inventory, as the weight check is performed whe the task is given and does not reevaluate the it when the job is carried out.
This also might be related to the base game, that the job can only be checked when given.
Winter is coming

InfinityKage

Hi there,

I want to start by saying you made a great mod. Thank you for all the work you've done.

I do however have a question as to how the changing firing modes work. The only options I ever get is Full Auto Snapshot. I can't seem to change it. I've tried clicking on them but nothing happens. I have 4 pawns equipped with 4 separate guns and it's the same on all of them. Is this feature only available on certain guns?

Thanks in advance
Infinity Kage

bdole92

First off, this mod is an absolute must for me. I do have some feedback based on my recent game though,

* Mass limits are too burdensome right now. Its basically impossible to give a colonist a flak jacket, pants, and vest and have enough room left over for any weapons. My suggestion would be that worn gear only applies a fraction of its mass towards the limit. I think this makes sense, its easier to wear a bullet proof vest than to haul it around in a backpack, to my mind, and it would allow colonists to wear any kind of real defensive getup and carry a gun and ammo.

*As has been mentioned on this thread before, centipedes are insanely strong. To be fair, i haven't tried keeping some anti-material rifles around and hot-switching my colonists to them, but i think a big problem is how insanely long range centipede weapons are. Both the charge blaster and the cannon have a range of 86, which completely outranges anything other than the super large caliber rifles. I think the balance could be improved significantly by just reducing the range down to ~60, without actually touching the weapons. That isn't to say that there aren't tools in the game currently, but the extreme range of the centipede weaponry makes them hard to use effectively

* On a similar note, i think the ranges for rockets are too low. Iirc, rpgs, triple rocket launchers, and doomsday rocket launchers all have a range of ~40. The short range is kind of a double edged sword. On the one hand, it prevents raiders with rocket launchers just nuking your defenses from a safe distance, on the other hand it stops the player from using launchers from a safe distance themselves. I think a small increase to the range to ~45-50 would significantly improve their ease of use.

Also, this isn't a balance problem, but every time anything that produces fragments (frag grenades, RPG he grenades) goes off, my game hangs for a couple of seconds before continuing. I'm sure some of that is system specific, but it actively discourages me from using frag grenades just because of the quality of life issue

All that being said this mod is seriously awesome and has earned a permanent spot on my mod list  ;D

Kiame

Added Combat Extended support to Weapon Storage with a new patch Weapon Storage Combat Extended Patch. All details are in the main post in the link in the last sentence.

Steam:
Weapon Storage
Weapon Storage Combat Extended Patch

Direct Download:
Weapon Storage

InfinityKage

Quote from: Kiame on April 13, 2019, 07:09:51 PM
Added Combat Extended support to Weapon Storage with a new patch Weapon Storage Combat Extended Patch. All details are in the main post in the link in the last sentence.

Steam:
Weapon Storage

Direct Download:
Weapon Storage

I shall it to my compendium as well, in case anyone stops by.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48557.msg457154#msg457154
Thanks for your work.

Kori

Quote from: InfinityKage on April 13, 2019, 04:10:05 PM
I do however have a question as to how the changing firing modes work. The only options I ever get is Full Auto Snapshot. I can't seem to change it. I've tried clicking on them but nothing happens. I have 4 pawns equipped with 4 separate guns and it's the same on all of them. Is this feature only available on certain guns?

Available firing modes (auto, burst, single) depend on the gun, while aiming modes (aimed, snapshot, surpress) should always be available. Try moving CE as close to the end of your load order as possible.