[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: WREN_PL on May 11, 2019, 05:34:21 AM
Also deleted DoorsExpanded and it still doesn't work

I told you, it's not supposed to. Use CE embrasures. DE is just for the lag.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

brucethemoose

Going ammoless isn't all its cracked up to be. As it turns out, mechanoids are nearly impossible to kill without AP rounds, you can't pick mortar shells, and rocket launchers are massively OP since they're no longer single use... Anyway, since I'm a masochist, I decided to try and convert my ammoless CE colony into an ammo-enabled one (even though doing so in unsupported), and thought I'd share my experience trying to get it to work:

• Ammoless weapons have bugged clips that can't be unloaded when switching the ammo system on. Before switching, gather all the ranged weapons on the map, including ones wielded by your colonists, into one pile, and destroy them all. Dev spawn in some rough equivalents.

• Turrets have the same problem. In dev mode, destroy all your turrets (including ones that are currently uninstalled), then rebuild them with god mode.

• Spawn in or build ammo for the new weapons and turrets. I got some reloading job related errors until the pawns reloaded everything for the first time.

• Some things with built in weapons (like hacked mechanoids) may or may not have to be replaced too. However, modded animals with a ranged attack appear to be unaffected by the switch.
Cross-mod quirks aside (for example, Rimefeller mortal shells and napalm don't seem to work as CE flamethrower/mortar ammo), the transition has been relatively smooth, and I haven't run into any gameplay issues for days, but I do keep getting one error in the log that I can't figure out:
Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter GetPriority: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Verse.ThingDef,CombatExtended.Integer].Add (Verse.ThingDef key, CombatExtended.Integer value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.Utility_HoldTracker.GetStorageByThingDef (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.Utility_HoldTracker.GetExcessThing (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Thing& dropThing, System.Int32& dropCount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.Utility_HoldTracker.HasExcessThing (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.JobGiver_UpdateLoadout.GetPriority (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/7f106a71a608d9bb5f4849fd611b8e10

Ink.

Hey NoImageAvailable. I have a quick question.

We can modify the suppressability stat when starting a new colony/gamemode. How does this work? I assume it just changes the threshold for how likely someone is going to get suppressed.

The reason I ask is because I love using CE, but I find my pawns just get suppressed way too damn easy. I get that nobody wants to die, but the level 16 ex-military shooter can probably guess that if he just hunkers down where he's at, he's as good as dead anyway so he's got to take the risk and run away for safety. A few 9mm bullets is not a reason to stop in your tracks and let the horde rush you.

Is there any way to like, force my colonists to push through the gunfire and keep moving?

WREN_PL

HA! Got it!

The new CE update substitutes cover effectiveness with cover height, so I only have to edit that part to make Embrasures work again!

WREN_PL

WREN_PL

Huh...

...Now for some reason DoorsExpanded bugged out and tribal sheet doors are opening... inwards/upwards.

It's not game breaking so I may just leave it.

Ahh..! Wonders of coding.

forumgod

This is so bad it's hilarious, enemy explosives cause a chain reaction after death even with the option for cook-off set to off, can't believe people suggest this is a serious mod
https://i.imgur.com/T94P3So.jpg

Jetpack_Maniac

Cook-off is for bullets.  Explosives still explode.

JuhoZero

Quote from: nickdos on May 14, 2019, 03:31:10 PM
I am so bad it's hilarious, enemy explosives cause a chain reaction after death even with the option for cook-off set to off, can't believe I let people go there.
Fixed it for you, no need to thank me.

But seriously, are you trying to tell us, that explosives will... explode when they go off? That can't be right, I'm sure it is perfectly safe for example to weld grenades.

jager666

Quote from: nickdos on May 14, 2019, 03:31:10 PM
This is so bad it's hilarious, enemy explosives cause a chain reaction after death even with the option for cook-off set to off, can't believe people suggest this is a serious mod
https://i.imgur.com/T94P3So.jpg

If you are unable to handle certain mod features then why do you use it lol?

forumgod

This mod just pushes you to use killboxes even more than vanilla because of how broken most enemies that don't use melee or plain guns. There is nothing realistic about it despite what the creator claims. The immaturity of its fans that respond with "git gud" to criticism says a lot of the audience it appeals to.

To respond to the kids that are baiting: I have no problem when using the classic killbox abuse, it trivializes raids entirely, however when I actually try a realistic approach to combat with this mod nothing works and that is the problem

jager666

Quote from: nickdos on May 16, 2019, 07:26:28 AM
This mod just pushes you to use killboxes even more than vanilla because of how broken most enemies that don't use melee or plain guns. There is nothing realistic about it despite what the creator claims. The immaturity of its fans that respond with "git gud" to criticism says a lot of the audience it appeals to.

To respond to the kids that are baiting: I have no problem when using the classic killbox abuse, it trivializes raids entirely, however when I actually try a realistic approach to combat with this mod nothing works and that is the problem

I still don't get why do you get so triggered and call people kids and fanbois because you are not able to handle certain situations in an optional mod and go to went your frustration over here. Just unsubscribe? :D

If you do decide to think through your next engagements, get some LMGs to pin down the attacking force, equip as much armor as you can get and meele them from behind when they are recovering from suppresion.

Ink.

Hi.

Sadly I've been running into issues and I'm trying to find out what's causing it. I've manually removed and tested for over 20 mods and still keep launching with errors and then having things not work right. Reading through my debug log hasn't been helpful as I can't make much sense of the errors or what's causing them. So here they are and my mod list. If anyone has an idea of what the issue might be. I was running a pretty similar config to this before and it worked, so I can't see what's breaking it now when everything I remove doesn't seem to fix.

https://gist.github.com/253e1db7811124aad367e883d1ba4c69

Thank you if anyone can help me narrow this down. I miss using CE.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Ink. on May 17, 2019, 03:09:39 AM
Hi.

Sadly I've been running into issues and I'm trying to find out what's causing it. I've manually removed and tested for over 20 mods and still keep launching with errors and then having things not work right. Reading through my debug log hasn't been helpful as I can't make much sense of the errors or what's causing them. So here they are and my mod list. If anyone has an idea of what the issue might be. I was running a pretty similar config to this before and it worked, so I can't see what's breaking it now when everything I remove doesn't seem to fix.

https://gist.github.com/253e1db7811124aad367e883d1ba4c69

Thank you if anyone can help me narrow this down. I miss using CE.

Are you using an outdated version of CE?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Ink.

http://prntscr.com/npw3qk

Unless the versions are labelled diff, looks like. I've always kept it just to auto update via workshop.

E - My game was showing I had an older version of CE, so I switched to it just to see. A lot of errors went away and an issue I was having stopped happening. Still some errors but it's info. Simple Sidearms does not work at all for me now, when before it used to to some degree.