Official stance on this forum, after 1.0?

Started by AileTheAlien, October 24, 2018, 09:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AileTheAlien

Since Rimworld's been officially released, and Tynan's basically done with the game, could we get a stickied post, setting the expectations for this forum?

With the official release on Steam (and anywhere else that's had marketing), I'm sure there will continue to be more new players; I've seen several first-time posts from new people, in this very forum! Those new people are going to have some confusion, when they see this sub-forum called "Suggestions - Suggest ideas for RimWorld here.", and then get told that the devs are finished adding to the game.

Is this forum a black hole of wasted effort? Should it just point to the mods forum? Will this forum fuel some minor DLC a year from now, or even a sequel? I feel that some kind of official answer would be very useful.

Thanks!

Ruptga

AileTheAlien

Is there a post I missed; Could you link to it? I can't seem to find anything on the blog, the General forum, or this forum.

Ruptga

Exactly.  Looks like the forum has been abandoned.

5thHorseman

Hm. I read it as they're too busy with their newly released game to answer every post where someone's worried that the obviously vibrant forum is collapsing.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.