"Goodwill lost" with raiding tribals due to manhunter pack?

Started by GreatDookuTree, June 10, 2017, 04:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatDookuTree

So I had a hunter take on some elephants due to desperate times and triggered the "every elephant is enraged" manhunter incident, and while they were busy mauling my colonists a tribal faction raided. All of my colonists are either downed or hiding and so the elephants stop chewing on Yuna and set their sights for more active prey. Unsurprisingly the elephants quickly kill someone and I get "The Red Ant Baalbo has lost Wolverine. Faction Relation: -5."

I can understand if it was a friendly faction ambushed in the middle of my base, but why are RAIDERS getting pissed at me for this?

Screenshots:

-Goodwill loss:
http://puu.sh/wdSQN/5602d71eac.jpg

-Faction screen:
http://puu.sh/wdTDF/3ceb434f43.jpg

DariusWolfe

Working as designed; there were too many abusable ways for players to kill visitors without consequence.

GreatDookuTree

Quote from: DariusWolfe on June 10, 2017, 04:56:45 AM
Working as designed; there were too many abusable ways for players to kill visitors without consequence.
.... Did you read it fully? It was raiders, not visitors.

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report, although I'm 99.9% sure this is WAD. This is an issue that gets reported every now and then, usually in relation to friendlies visiting and getting attacked by an animal(s), or dying by some other means. Which is likely why DariusWolfer specifically mentioned visitors in his post.

But even if those dying are hostile you will still get blamed if one of them dies at your colony, whether you were directly responsible or not. The game determines blame in a very basic way. Your colony, therefore your fault. Here is a comment from Tynan confirming this.

Quote from: Tynan on June 05, 2017, 08:12:18 PM
It's a problem, but not actually bug since it's designed this way.

We can't tell why anything happens in the map in a "sense of justice" kind of way so they just always blame you. It's your job to protect them!

Is it ideal. No, probably not. But this is how the game works, and it is by design that it works this way, and as a player you just need to be aware of how something works and take it into account. Maybe just view everyone who visits your colony as a litigious ambulance chaser who are itching to blame you for any accident that occurs.

I'll close this now as it is not a bug. If you wish to suggest a change to how this mechanic works then please feel free to do so in the suggestion forum (although please do a search first for an existing thread, as I'm fairly sure others have suggested changes to this in the past).