[A17] Yes, Vehicles

Started by _-M-_, July 21, 2017, 07:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tridentviper

It would be great if this works. It has a lot of compatibility issues with other mods. Don't use it for now.

_-M-_

Why is everyone trying to use CE with this https://ludeon.com/forums/Smileys/default/cry.gif ???
Pointedly, it will not work, the mod does have a lot of compat issues because of what its trying to achieve. If you want screenshots look at the steam page, where I'm also way more active there than on the Ludeon forums.

Also please help me by saying what errors you're getting rather than just that it has errors, thank you!

Erathu

Dont work with Vegetable Garden ;(

nbielinski

Alright, doesn't work with a LOT of mods. Sad to say some folks use.. A LOT OF MODS..

Regardless ever since I saw the possibility of vehicles in Jecs tools I've been pining for this. You keep at it _-M-_ ! And be content in the knowledge that you make the game INSURMOUNTABLY better with your efforts. My only recommendation is to get it compatible with other mods, if that's possible. Regardless, thank you for your efforts.

Heni

Put some screenshots please.

Rocky-3

The github version doesnt work, it hasnt been updated since last month compared to the 11th for steam, and the /Defs/Stats/stats_truck.xml file is completely blank.

Manleather_Cowboy

Quote from: Balgias on July 28, 2017, 03:29:16 AM
Unless I'm missing something it seems like having a vehicle or two actually slows down my caravan, wut.
Are all the dudes in the caravan loaded in the vehicles? If not, I'd assume that's the issue.
Like they say, if you yoke two yaks, they both move as fast as the slowest one.

Wishmaster

Very interesting. Too bad it is not complete yet...
Complete would mean it does not only works fine (it almost does afaik..) but also

• Enemies can have vehicules.
  • Colonists can have a mental break aboard vehicules.
Right ?

Also I found 2 bugs:

* When a passenger / driver exits a vehicule because of low needs. It will spawn where he/she loaded...

* Conflict with "Force do job" and "Achtung!". I get this when right clicking on a tile:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ForceDoJob.Patch_FloatMenuMakerMap_ChoicesAtFor.Prefix (Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Pair`2<Verse.WorkTypeDef, int>>&) <0x0007e>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch2 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x00026>
at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn) <0x00120>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks_Patch1 (object) <0x0018c>
at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () <0x00014>
at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () <0x00033>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI_Patch1 (object) <0x001ab>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

megatech2795

Are there tanks coming? I would love to have a tank like the M1 Abrams or an older tank like the M3 Lee!

codexhound

I've been messing with this mod again lately and it seems caravans are broken. Fuel is unlimited (when on the caravan map) which kind of defeats the purpose. I really like this mod but think that vehicles really need to be implemented in vanilla to work correctly.

I am looking at the code too but it seems to be a jecs tools issue and not the fault of this mod.

Canute

codexhound,
take a look at Rimbus
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36708.0
I didn't test it myself yet, but Rimbus based on this mod and got enhanced.

Ruisuki

is this still being updated?

Canute

Ruisuki,
Why you don't try to check the mod author first ?
Click on his name, and look when he was last time active.

I don't think this mod get continued, it never worked very well.
So a new author would basicly start from scratch.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on February 15, 2018, 02:45:18 AM
Ruisuki,
Why you don't try to check the mod author first ?
Click on his name, and look when he was last time active.

I don't think this mod get continued, it never worked very well.
So a new author would basicly start from scratch.
Because someone else could have picked it up. Ok.

Ruisuki

Eyyyy the author stated last week he was waiting for jecrell to update Jecstools, and it seems that time has come. Hopefully the OP returns, so the world may be mended. (so the world may be mended)

I cant wait to try vehicles! I only hope the chemfuel restrictions are high, or it leads to bigger attacks on you in the overworld. Otherwise ill never run with Muffalos again.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1082473678&searchtext=vehicles