[A17][Update03]RuntimeGC In-Game Cleaner

Started by user19990313, June 10, 2017, 10:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

It would be better if you use a free host service for your files... the forums will eventually delete them "due to age".

user19990313

user19990313

Update03 released!Come and grab the latest release! :P

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

hiepbg

Quote from: user19990313 on July 08, 2017, 08:27:06 AM

You should remove the graves when choose remove all corpses on map.

user19990313

Quote from: hiepbg on July 11, 2017, 06:49:12 AM
Quote from: user19990313 on July 08, 2017, 08:27:06 AM
You should remove the graves when choose remove all corpses on map.
No,that'll be too imbalance.And if I directly do so,it will be bugged.

Nithydux

Got this mod in an attempt to salvage my 12 years running save.

This save is using the largest map size with 100% planet coverage and I wanted to move my colony to a new area without immediately abandoning the old base.

Needless to say, pre-this mod, I attempted to run two ludeoncrendious maps at the same time and the game overloaded on memory and crashed to desktop.

Post-this mod, and after cleaning, My Long Running save went from using 3 gigs of memory with both maps running, to 2 gigs.

I don't know how long the refurbishment this mod provided for me will last, but I will say it definitely makes a huge difference.

maculator

Whats the point in restricting the download to members only?

code99xx

Quote from: maculator on August 28, 2017, 11:17:41 AM
Whats the point in restricting the download to members only?

Are you refering to the attachments on this forum?

Thats how the forum is setup to work, its Ludeon studios doing, the mod author has no control over this. Thats how most forums i know of work anyway ... i dont see a problem, its free to register and you dont get spam or anything like that.

Nemesis688

Would it be possible to change (or add as an option) the corpse clean up so that it only removes rotten corpses?

maculator

I'm kind of confused... it didn't look like this when I played last time (a few days ago), am I right?

maculator

I made a german translation. Just the pawns dead, pawns alive in the mainwindow are nowhere to be seen in the config.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

LiteEmUp

so i've read some of the comments on workshop that after using your mod, their game run even worse... how can that possibly even happen lol??

anyways:

• known mod conflicts??
  • safe to remove and add to a save campaign?? or requires a new campaign??

also i got questions on what does these features do:

• Remove unnecessary World Pawns to alleviate burden of GameSystem - what are unnecessary world pawns??
  • Clear AvoidGrids to reduce the size of your savegame - what are these avoidgrids??
  • Remove useless members(dead or of other factions) in an animal family - just this function in general..
  • Fix some faction relationships error(Those caused by mod conflicts are excluded!) - relation ship error as in??
  • Re-generate faction leaders to fix some CommTable issues. - what is commtables lol?? is this a bug where a faction fails to produce a leader?? coz on my current campaign, one faction has currently an unavailable leader lol..

maculator

I don't know how active the autor is, so I'll try to answer your questions:

1. Taken from the first post...
"Installation:
Add this mod any time you like.
Remove this mod any time you like.
You don't have to create a new game."

2. If you click the "?" next to the options ingame it tells you what it does.
In general: the game stores informations and characters in a "database" for future use and reference.
Everyone your colonists talk to gets added to their relations network and even non-colonists meeting non-colonists add each other to their grid. Animals have a "ancestral chart" to prevent inbreed, wich can grow verry large over time.
Enemies "tag" ways trough the map to your base with "notes" while evaluating the best route, those informations get stored too. And the smart version of that would be tagging traps they saw. If I'm correct the faction keeps those traps in mind for a year or so.

This mod in general just deletes some of that stuff to make your savegame smaller.

The "Factions Relationships" is something specific (as a click on the "?" would've told you...), wich you use in this specific case.

Re-generate faction leaders does what the title says. A "Comm Table" is the device you use to contact those faction leaders... If a faction has no leader you can't talk to them, thats a problem. This option regenerates leaders for factions without a leader.

This mod just cleans stuff out of your savegame, if a mod depends on stored pawns, complexe animal ancestral charts, stored avoid grids, etc.. it most likely will have a problem with this mod.

You also only really need this mod of your game lags and you know it lags because you've been playing for many ingame years. It wont "boost" your performance magically, it just eases the load for the engine because it deletes all those pawns and stuff you don't really use.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: maculator on September 19, 2017, 04:03:16 AM
I don't know how active the autor is, so I'll try to answer your questions:

1. Taken from the first post...
"Installation:
Add this mod any time you like.
Remove this mod any time you like.
You don't have to create a new game."

2. If you click the "?" next to the options ingame it tells you what it does.
In general: the game stores informations and characters in a "database" for future use and reference.
Everyone your colonists talk to gets added to their relations network and even non-colonists meeting non-colonists add each other to their grid. Animals have a "ancestral chart" to prevent inbreed, wich can grow verry large over time.
Enemies "tag" ways trough the map to your base with "notes" while evaluating the best route, those informations get stored too. And the smart version of that would be tagging traps they saw. If I'm correct the faction keeps those traps in mind for a year or so.

This mod in general just deletes some of that stuff to make your savegame smaller.

The "Factions Relationships" is something specific (as a click on the "?" would've told you...), wich you use in this specific case.

Re-generate faction leaders does what the title says. A "Comm Table" is the device you use to contact those faction leaders... If a faction has no leader you can't talk to them, thats a problem. This option regenerates leaders for factions without a leader.

This mod just cleans stuff out of your savegame, if a mod depends on stored pawns, complexe animal ancestral charts, stored avoid grids, etc.. it most likely will have a problem with this mod.

You also only really need this mod of your game lags and you know it lags because you've been playing for many ingame years. It wont "boost" your performance magically, it just eases the load for the engine because it deletes all those pawns and stuff you don't really use.

thank you for the explanation on how the game works... its as clear as a blue ocean water lol...

so i'm just wondering at the moment what mods are likely  dependent on stored pawns, complex animal ancestral charts, & stored avoid grids to really make this mod screw up someone's save??