Underground Exploration: A Better Rim! Underground!

Started by doctercorgi, June 10, 2017, 06:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctercorgi

This should take the least amount of art and basic coding (I hope)

This mod is going to add the ability to send pawns underground to explore, mine and build.

You are going to have to build a Headframe (elevator) first. Then select a pawn, right click on the headframe and select "go underground" once you do that an underground map will generate with caves, traps, treasures, bugs, etc. Also a small area where the elevator back up is. You can also delete this map by clicking on the head frame and selecting "abandon shaft" and generate a new one by selecting "create shaft".

Once I get that done then I will try to make selectable depth to drill to, caves that are further down are hotter, and more dangerous environmental wise and have less treasure. But have more resources and less enemies to fight. While the opposite is true for maps that are closer to the surface. Then having multiple levels at once, and being able to run power and resources between them and make AI able to travel between them. And finally adding a vault door, and buildings designed for living under ground, allowing you to make a massive underground vault colony.

Also battle axe and horned dwarf viking helmet

Mitz

It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

doctercorgi

Quote from: Mitz on June 11, 2017, 06:47:35 AM
PLEASE MAKE THIS A REALITY PLIS

I will try and most likely fail as soon as I run into any math harder then 2+2 but I am going to try.

Pboy0011

This seems like a really cool idea for a mod. I hope you don't have any problem creating this mod because this sounds very hard to do.

tgbps4

"I need a series of mods that let me play a colony that experiments on people: basically space Vault-Tec"

doctercorgi

I am basing the elevator off of the geothermal power plant to try to get a vanilla look, Will have to resize it to 5x5 though. Will post it once its done. then once I get it build-able in game and the menus set up then I will have to create the cave biome and find a way to generate them.

Holvr

Love the idea. And a tiny suggestion regarding the name (should you even want to change it from Underground Exploration). How about "SpelunkeRim"? :P

doctercorgi

Quote from: Kubin on June 20, 2017, 10:42:48 AM
Love the idea. And a tiny suggestion regarding the name (should you even want to change it from Underground Exploration). How about "SpelunkeRim"? :P

Now thats just nasty...

meowmeow

This mod have been made here. Any suggestion to it is welcomed.