SUCH MISERABLE LUCK!

Started by Quasarrgames, April 28, 2014, 07:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasarrgames

I start a new colony.  I made sure to pick out really good guys so that the beginning colony would be the most productive. It's only day three and everything is going great- we have solar panels feeding to sun lamps in the growing area and a room for cooking and later researching.

everything is going great until randy decides to throw a curve ball in my plan. SIX tribal raiders come from across the plains and start attacking immediately. I'm thinking "DARN IT RANDY!" but i decide "ok Randy, i'll play your little 'game' ". The odds are only 2:1. i can maybe pull this off. My guys retrieve their firearms and go behind some rocks for cover. soon the raiders are on top of them. Five of them swarm around my sniper, hitting him with rocks from all angles while he poorly tries to hit them. Then i remember: "oh yeah, he has 13 melee!" and i make him charge at the closest raider. He nearly kills the raider before the barrage of rocks makes him fall on the floor, incapacitated. My other guys are in cover and practically unscathed, and they manage to kill two raiders and incapacitate two more. At this point the tribesmen decide that they've had enough and start to retreat, and one guy throws a final stone before running off like a sissy. At this point the only person who's not incapacitated is Lexi the scientist. Ok, that's not too bad. i can doctor the two incapacitated colonists and get them back to full health, and i can later recruit the two prisoners by converting the kitchen into a jailhouse. However just as i am about to get Lexi to rescue the incapacitated colonists, the last stone the raider threw hits her on the head and incapacitates her.
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Splinterbee

HAHAHAHAHA that's really funny! Terrible luck. The last stone.
Video games, are pretty good