[A17] QualityBuilder - build like never before! (V 0.17.3 : 25.05.17)

Started by Hatti, August 29, 2016, 08:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heymom

How do i apply QualityBuilder to other mods?

By that i mean, the ability to effect build quality. I am using a "hospital" mod called "Fast Regen", that has beds in it. But when i build one it doesn't give the option of QualityBuilder.
It could be that the fast regen mod, doesn't have the quality variable at all. But i cant figure out how to give it a quality build attribute.

any help is appreciated.

wwWraith

Heymom, probably you should add <li>
   <compClass>CompQuality</compClass>
</li>
in <comps> section of those bed's defs.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Heymom

Quote from: wwWraith on December 17, 2017, 03:18:08 AM
Heymom, probably you should add <li>
   <compClass>CompQuality</compClass>
</li>
in <comps> section of those bed's defs.

dodviper

dodviper

Canute

Just enter the Release subforum first.
Then enter "QualityBuilder" or what you are searching for at the search box.
1. result you get this thread,  2. result was hatti's modlist.

henk

I wish that QualityBuilder would have a 'default quality' mod setting (none, Awuful, .. , legendary). So for example, with larger bases I could change the setting to at least normal.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: henk on March 04, 2018, 06:40:50 AM
I wish that QualityBuilder would have a 'default quality' mod setting (none, Awuful, .. , legendary). So for example, with larger bases I could change the setting to at least normal.

I think there is something like that but I can't think of it. With this mod you can make things be up to -/+2 quality:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=737358776

Kori

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 04, 2018, 09:29:14 AM
I think there is something like that but I can't think of it. With this mod you can make things be up to -/+2 quality:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=737358776

I think he is talking about Quality Builder's quality setting which can be accessed by rightclicking. When a constructed item is below this quality, your pawns will automatically deconstruct it and try again.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: henk on March 04, 2018, 06:40:50 AM

That would be cool have. Possibly put it in the mod settings via the options menu.

noeatnosleep

Just wanted to 2nd this. I really really would like to be able to set a minimum build quality *before* constructing, so I can have a complex bedroom blueprint, set my modifier to 'good or better' and just let the builders do their thing.

Golden

Any chance this will be updated for 1.0 unstable?  I have a feeling it will be quite a while before it goes stable.

BlackSmokeDMax

It's now in authors main thread, and yes it is ready...

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28678.0

I think Hatti needs to relabel that first section though. Prob copy/paste and forgot to change. But if you look a couple posts from end of thread you'll see that Hatti confirms there is a 1.0 version.