[A17b] Maximum mining yield capped at 33-34

Started by Akyla, June 11, 2017, 01:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akyla

According to the patch notes, it is possible to increase this yield above 100% with a mining skill level above 8.
However, the mining yield in my games appears capped at 100%.
In addition, while 100% should equal a yield of 35, in practice I get only yields of 33-34.

The information tab of the pawn, under "Mining Yield", shows a skill factor of 106% (mining level 15).
Both other factors are at 100%.
Still, the final value is only 100%. Not 106%.

I have tried setting up a new game without any mods, but this did not solve the issue.

Thus far, I have not yet found any other posts on this issue either.
Does anyone else have the same issue?

O Negative

I've never seen a yield over 33, and I have a lvl 16 miner.

hoffmale

Also noticed mining yield is capped at 100%. However, to quote the release notes:
QuoteMining skill reworked: Steeper speed penalty for low skill. Mining yield is now slightly dependent on mining skill.
"Slightly dependent" might cover the differences below mining skill 8, so this might actually be WAD.

Quote from: O Negative on June 11, 2017, 03:42:10 PM
I've never seen a yield over 33, and I have a lvl 16 miner.
I've seen some 34 yields, mostly on rarer stuff (jade, uranium) so 3 tiles give 100 resources (with a akilled miner ofc)

Akyla

Quote from: hoffmale on June 12, 2017, 02:06:54 AM
Also noticed mining yield is capped at 100%. However, to quote the release notes:
QuoteMining skill reworked: Steeper speed penalty for low skill. Mining yield is now slightly dependent on mining skill.
"Slightly dependent" might cover the differences below mining skill 8, so this might actually be WAD.

I'm quite sure it was mentioned somewhere by Tynan that the maximum yield achievable was around 40 at level 20. Perhaps in the A17 trailer.

ison

It's fine that the mining yield is capped at 100%. Anything above 100% can compensate for lower manipulation or sight.

However the 33-34 max yield is a bug. It should be 35. Fixed for A18, thanks.