No Incidents

Started by Raf's, June 11, 2017, 03:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raf's

It was been some time since i had a incident in my colony, and i am prety sure it is related to this error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.IncidentDef.TargetAllowed (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.CanFireNow (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.Game:<LoadGame>m__843()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()
Can someone enlighten me?
Edit: forgot to mention that this error is spamming the console every second.
2nd Edit: i have 2 incident related mods, Misc Incidents by Haplo and Recon & Discovery by Several Puffins

gajop

I have the same issue. It started happening when I moved my colony (abandoned the old one and moved to a new one)

Toragor

Where you able to solve that issue? I am having the same error message every tick. I also moved my colony once, but i don't know when it started. What mods are you using? Its still playable for me, but i'm concerned it might stop events from triggering. What does the dev tool "future incidences" do? does it list what has been planed for the future, or is it defining incidents for the future when pressing it? i would like to test incidents triggering somehow without waiting 1 ingame month.

gajop

I started a new colony.

Toragor

Quote from: gajop on July 13, 2017, 01:13:19 AM
I started a new colony.

Lol same. Did you by any chance had the mod colony leadership installed? I am suspecting that one to be the culprit, since its not triggering anymore since A17. Had it removed before i started a new colony, and the issue didn't reappear.

gajop

I did. I had it replaced with Psychology mod (since it does a similar thing?), and I no longer have the issue.
But then again, I didn't really move my colony again so it's not like I tried to reproduce it and failed.

Gorb

Same problem here... I think the problem started when i was moving my colony. Maybe I haven´t deleted an object in the base and now everything is gone there but my game checks for it every tick. Sadly i don´t know how to look for it nor delete it :(

lperkins2

Edit your save file, find the '<queuedIncidents>' list, and clear it out (remove everything inside, from the > of the opening tag, to the < of the closing tag, leaving just the whitespace in the last line). 

You can verify this is the cause by comparing the tick the incidents are supposed to fire to the current game tick.  The problem entry is probably the one (or ones) whose to-happen tick is lower than the current game tick.  For simplicity I just remove them all.

It seems this happens when an event gets scheduled, then the targets for the event become unavailable for some reason, and the even doesn't properly get canceled.  In my case, I told a group of visitors (Hospitality mod) to come back later due to hostiles on the map.  On the date of the intended return, log spam started.

Joe2801

I am having a similar problem with an error spamming the error log and no incidents taking place for a long time now, but the error looks slightly different and misght be related to the scenario.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Scenario.TickScenario () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

When I tried loading more informaiton about the scenario from the options menu, it generated a new error.

Exception in Scenario.GetFullInformationText():
  at RimWorld.Scenario.GetFullInformationText () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
RimWorld.Scenario:GetFullInformationText()
RimWorld.MainMenuDrawer:<DoMainMenuControls>m__602()
Verse.ListableOption:DrawOption(Vector2, Single)
Verse.OptionListingUtility:DrawOptionListing(Rect, List`1)
RimWorld.MainMenuDrawer:DoMainMenuControls(Rect, Boolean)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Menu:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Any ideas how I can fix this? spent a long time building my current colony and really dont want to have to start again

edit: No incidents to clear, this is copied from that section of the save file.

<incidentQueue>
            <queuedIncidents />
         </incidentQueue>

CannibarRechter

Are there any other errors or warnings of interest in your output_log.txt file?

There is a section of your savegame that begins <scenario>. Look that over. In particular look for A) empty fields, and B) references to things or items that may no longer be part of your mods list.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Joe2801

I can't find anything obvious in the output file, it doesn't help that I had a save months ago with the same name and the fact I can't tell when the errors were posted to the file, although there is a lot of mentions of this:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Exception in UIRootUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Area.get_Item (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_AreaAllowedExpand.CanDesignateCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignationDragger.TryAddDragCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignationDragger.UpdateDragCellsIfNeeded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignationDragger.get_DragCells () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignationDragger.DraggerUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignatorManager.DesignatorManagerUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It's a core only save, so there shouldnt be any mods interfering with the save

edit: I did at some point in the save have to delete a psychic ship that had spawned on the map using dev mode as it had bugged and wouldnt take damage and couldnt be destroyed, no idea if that had something to do with this problem

CannibarRechter

> It's a core only save...

There are no mods installed at all and never were?

If so, you are in the WRONG forum. Mods Help is actually help for modding. As in "how to mod." You need to repost over in the bugs forum. If this problem is happening in the unmodified game, it is a game bug, and someone supporting the devs will want to see your save file.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Joe2801

Right, I did a google search for the issue I was having and led me straight here. I stupidly didn't read the forum location.