[B18] 20th Century Weapons Mod CE Patch

Started by grimsurgent, June 12, 2017, 01:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Is there a link to the Steam version, or do you have screenshots or anything else to provide info wise? I'm looking for a weapons mod, but I don't want too many and with anything too crazy, so this looks like it's right up my alley, but I would like more info on it first please :)

grimsurgent

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 20, 2017, 11:10:23 AM

Is there a link to the Steam version, or do you have screenshots or anything else to provide info wise? I'm looking for a weapons mod, but I don't want too many and with anything too crazy, so this looks like it's right up my alley, but I would like more info on it first please :)

Most of the information on this would be on the original 20th Century Weapons mod main thread, as this is just making the weapons compatible with CE. I guess Ishould add some screenshots since the original hasn't been updated in a while. Basically the preview has the art style of tge weapons, and theres somewhere around 80-90 added guns so it may be too much for you.

TTacco

Is it a bug or is it intended for some weapons to be uncraftable regardless of your tech advancement? Namely MP40, Mossberg 500A (and a few more I couldn't remember), I still couldn't craft them even after I finished all of the weapon related research (Though I think this is more of an issue on the original mod instead of this patch)

Otherwise huge thanks for this CE patch, been enjoying it so much so far.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: TTacco on February 08, 2018, 08:38:30 PM
Is it a bug or is it intended for some weapons to be uncraftable regardless of your tech advancement? Namely MP40, Mossberg 500A (and a few more I couldn't remember), I still couldn't craft them even after I finished all of the weapon related research (Though I think this is more of an issue on the original mod instead of this patch)

Otherwise huge thanks for this CE patch, been enjoying it so much so far.

You can try checking out the recipeUsers in the defs, or the research required, if you're up for it ;)

TTacco

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 09, 2018, 03:12:43 AM
You can try checking out the recipeUsers in the defs, or the research required, if you're up for it ;)

Hey thanks alot, I dont know much about Rimworld modding in general but I took a shot, just changed the ParentName to make it craftable.

I still don't understand why some of the weapons are uncraftable though, considering they already have a recipe available (Though could be balancing issue, not sure). Anyway thanks again.

Harry_Dicks

No problem! I can sometimes help with the xml stuff  ;D

My only guess as to why some of them are uncraftable, is that the mod author thought they should be obtainable via trade only. That still doesn't make sense though if they have a research ??? Maybe this was an oversight.

I would also *highly* recommend getting Notepad++ if you don't have it already. I have only recently discovered this, but with the search ability to "find in files" it has made updating and editing mods a lot easier!

grimsurgent

Quote from: TTacco on February 09, 2018, 04:58:29 AM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 09, 2018, 03:12:43 AM

Hey thanks alot, I dont know much about Rimworld modding in general but I took a shot, just changed the ParentName to make it craftable.

I still don't understand why some of the weapons are uncraftable though, considering they already have a recipe available (Though could be balancing issue, not sure). Anyway thanks again.

My bad for not seeing this until a couple weeks later lol. My guess is it was a couple parentname errors that the original mod author left and I looked over them. They should be fixed by the next update, whenever that is.

Ikazuchi00

could you add incendiary rounds to the 7.92x57 Mauser?

freaky89

Thank you for your mod :)
Can you correct the ammo of Mauser Ammo? The HP version have better penetration and more damage than FMJ.

[attachment deleted due to age]

nerdcubednerd

Since it seems that the original 20 CWM has been abandoned and CE is already on 1.0 in dev branch, did you plan on updating for 1.0 with the unofficial CWM 1.0 mod? (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1542206501&searchtext=20+CWM)

grimsurgent

Quote from: nerdcubednerd on December 26, 2018, 06:29:29 PM
Since it seems that the original 20 CWM has been abandoned and CE is already on 1.0 in dev branch, did you plan on updating for 1.0 with the unofficial CWM 1.0 mod? (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1542206501&searchtext=20+CWM)

My bad, I didn't think anyone was interested in this after the main mod went kaput. If you want me to I can probably update this to 1.0, but I was planning on just using the sounds of this and making a unofficial version using Rambo's sprites since those are cleaner and more vanilla like.

nerdcubednerd

Quote from: Grimsurgent on January 07, 2019, 01:53:25 PM
Quote from: nerdcubednerd on December 26, 2018, 06:29:29 PM

My bad, I didn't think anyone was interested in this after the main mod went kaput. If you want me to I can probably update this to 1.0, but I was planning on just using the sounds of this and making a unofficial version using Rambo's sprites since those are cleaner and more vanilla like.

I would very much enjoy being able to play with all these great weapons in CE again, which has just been updated to 1.0!

Xiones11

Agreed. These guns in CE are totally need for me to play the game. I love this mod it adds so much. Please update it for CE 1.0!