[BETA 18] Everyone Can Do Everything!

Started by Mrred1, June 12, 2017, 02:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrred1

Yes absolutely! I have to say your mod is great in terms of potential, and I think after the rebalancing it will be even better!
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

Rei-No

Sorry I'd just tried ver 2 of their mod. and when I ran across him basically running an ad for his mod like it better then yours, I forgot myself.
as his idea is worse then not doing anything.
I'd much prefer yours to thier's.

Oh its in the fine print.  hehe  I got it thanks ...  I totally missed it..   If you add any thing add a negitive to how fast they do the work, until they learn to do that work.  make the mod unplayable in some area's of the game is a no no.  giving them over the top debuffs or driving them to over the top. doesn't help the problem, it compounds it.  I tend to get only these type of people from the storytellers or people that refuse to do violence.  That would be ok if they had one really great stats to offset the lack of others, but they generally don't. Which will at some point shut down my game. If you choose to start with one, and the game keeps giving them to you. you eventually come to the end of the game, because of them.

Rimrue

FYI my mod wasn't even released when mentioned it in this thread. I realize now I shouldn't have. And I apologise to mrred1 for doing so. :/

Mrred1

No problem guys, it's not your fault. It's all a matter of making the best mod for the player and tuning it to their preferences. I think once you balance the debuffs I would even use your mod!
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

Rimrue

Yes, there are so many different play styles, so that's why more mods is never a bad thing. Something for everyone. ;)

Since you mentioned it, the new update is out. Give it a try. Let us know what you think! We are always open to constructive feedback. :)

Mrred1

I think the new update it great, especially with the configurable debuffs. However, the only thing that I don't particularly like (others may disagree, this is just my opinion), is that over time the debuffs increase in severity. I would think that the pawns would get used to the job and maybe become less annoyed about doing it, but that's just my two cents. Great job though!

dburgdorf

Quote from: Mrred1 on June 27, 2017, 04:29:32 PMI think the new update it great, especially with the configurable debuffs. However, the only thing that I don't particularly like (others may disagree, this is just my opinion), is that over time the debuffs increase in severity. I would think that the pawns would get used to the job and maybe become less annoyed about doing it, but that's just my two cents. Great job though!

I responded, but I did so on our own thread, so as not to keep tying up your mod's thread with commentary about our mod. :)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Rimrue

Thanks, Mrred1. I think you have given Rainbeau some good ideas. ;) Come on over if you want to continue the conversation. :)

Mrred1

rambo

there is a bug that colonists will not produce drugs at the drug lab if the`re "unable" of crafting plz fix

Mrred1

I don't understand what you're saying. Your issues are not with my mod, they're with your colony. Please rewrite what you are trying to say properly so I can understand you. Sorry if you are having any issues.

rambo

colonists that are not capable of crafting can still craft stuff but they cant make drugs at the drug lab but was it intended

Mrred1

No this mod should not affect the drug lab or anything else at all, it just be an issue within your game save or maybe you don't have skilled colonists. Remove, if they are not skilled enough to make drugs they won't be able to, this mod merely allows for the capability, as explained in the despcription of the mod which I highly suggest you read. Sorry for any issues, let me know if anything else comes up.

wwWraith

Maybe it's because the game treats crafting drugs as "intellectual" job rather then "crafting"?..
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Mrred1

Kind of, but remember, if you need a minimum skill to do something, e.g., 6 in growing to grow strawberries, your colonist still needs to have 6 skill regardless of their ability.