[1.3] [KV] Show Hair with Hats (AlienRaces now supported) [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, June 13, 2017, 03:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Kiame

Fixing an issue where hair that should be hidden was being displayed after a saved game was loaded.

Steam and direct download have been updated

rambo

the option for hiding hair for the hood isn't there (Apparello) plz help

Kiame

Quote from: rambo on June 24, 2017, 09:46:28 PM
the option for hiding hair for the hood isn't there (Apparello) plz help

It was there but not visible because the bottom of the scroll view was cut off  :'(

It's fixed now. Hood was third from the bottom for me with the fix. Updated both the direct download and steam

rambo

The mod settings that can hide hair is broken

Kiame

Just to check Rambo, the update fixed the problem you were having?

rambo

rambo

What would make this mod great is in the mod setting you can also chose which type of hair will be hidden or not

Kiame

Kiame

Roskii Heiral

Quote from: Kiame on June 13, 2017, 03:38:08 PM
Quote from: koni on June 13, 2017, 08:00:50 AM
Nice. Is it tested with Alien Races?

I have not tested it with alien races. Please let me know if there's any odd behaviors with it and I'll get alien races downloaded and test it out.

This mod does not modify anything in the saves to it's safe to add/remove whenever.

I love your mod, but it does have a small issue with alien races. It clips the tails off of them. It has something to do with the way you both adjust pawn rendering. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd love to be able to use them both together.

I'm also trying to learn C# in the next few weeks, so I may be able to make some kind of patch myself

Kiame

The problem with alien races and pregnancy mods is that this and those mods are all trying to override the pawn renderer. It's unlikely these mods can be compatible. I can take a look at the alien races mod and if it's a small difference i may be able to finesse it in.

At this point i'm going to wait for alien races to get upgraded to A18. I'm stopping updates on the A17 versions of my mods unless there's something truly game breaking.

Edit: I see AlienRaces does have an A18 version up

Kiame

Decided to give it a try to get some AlienRace support. If my idea works, Alien Races will be rendered as if this mod was not on - hats will hide hair - but human pawns will adhere to this mod.

I tested it with Orassians (who i htought had tails) but when I had this mod enabled and disabled no tails. Need sleep at this point though i will try testing again tomorrow. If you want to give it a spin and get back to me please feel free. I made a separate zip for it here: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-showhair/releases/download/20171025/ShowHairAlienRaceTry.zip

Roskii Heiral

Unfortunately, that won't help with my purposes. My main draw to your mod is that you can wear things like sunglasses without your hair disappearing. In my own race mod, I plan on adding a few goggles and gas mask type  headgear. I do really appreciate you looking into it though and hope a solution is found.