[1.3] [KV] Show Hair with Hats (AlienRaces now supported) [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, June 13, 2017, 03:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky_D20

Quote from: tiagocc0 on June 29, 2018, 01:09:06 PM
Quote from: Syrchalis on June 29, 2018, 12:03:16 PM
Thanks, playing 1.0 with every colonist having helmets on is killing me. I actually can tolerate the helmets if you can see the hair, wondering if I'll disable all hats once again or stick with the hat+hair style.

Hmm.. a mod that makes helmet (excluding hats) appear only when drafted maybe could help..
it's called gear up and go. You also have shange dresser doing the same thing.

Bones

Quote from: Lucky_D20 on June 29, 2018, 01:36:10 PMit's called gear up and go. You also have shange dresser doing the same thing.

Gear up and go makes you actually equip the helmet, I don't use change dresser but I will assume it's the same.
I'm talking about a cosmetic change, non-drafted pawns will remove the helmet graphic.

Kiame

[1.0] Update:
Added a mod setting to "Show Hats Only When Drafted"

The setting will only be available if "Hide all Hats" is disabled.

Bones

Quote from: Kiame on June 29, 2018, 01:26:31 PM
Hmm i could see if i can add it so helmets are only visible when drafted

Quote from: Kiame on June 29, 2018, 02:59:07 PM
[1.0] Update:
Added a mod setting to "Show Hats Only When Drafted"

The setting will only be available if "Hide all Hats" is disabled.

Thanks Kiame!!

Syrchalis

Haha! I found a bug. When using Orassans mod the race has a smaller body size so their bodies are also displayed smaller. The "additional" hair this mod here adds overlaps with their real hair and they have two hairs on top of each other.

I'm rather sure this is related to Alien Races Framework and not Orassans directly, but the value 0.7 for their size is what causes the issue. There is a variable

<alienRace>
  <generalSettings>
    <alienPartGenerator>
      <customDrawSize>(0.7, 0.7)</customDrawSize>
      <customPortraitDrawSize>( .7,  .7)</customPortraitDrawSize>
    </alienPartGenerator>

which you can probably use if you want to add this compatibility to your mod.

However for me you don't have to add it, I modified the hell out of Orassans anyway, including this custom size BS-ery (I dislike it, not just because of this bug).
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Kiame

Hmm that could be tricky as I'm not an expert in the transpiler area (which is where i think this will need to go) and very well could be a bug with Alien Framework. Have you tried disabling this mod and seeing if the scaling is still off?

I'll have this as something to look into but it will be a low priority tbh

Syrchalis

As I said, it is low priority. I modified the values anyway so my Orassans are normal scale and then there is no bug of course.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Syrchalis

I think the latest update broke the mod. Getting a "no target method found" error on startup if I load the mod early in the order. Otherwise I don't get an error but it doesn't work.

Kiame

Kiame

carnifex2005

whitebunny

Thanks for keeping your mods up to date through all the 1.0 changes, they really make the game much more enjoyable.

mrbekirr

Dude, the mod is great but there is a bug. When my colonist sleeps, or using the "bed" like medical bed, their hair texture doesnt fit with their head. I hope u get what i said and hope that u can fix it. Have a great day!

Kiame