[1.3] [KV] Show Hair with Hats (AlienRaces now supported) [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, June 13, 2017, 03:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirdave79

Hello Kiame good sir.

I use several of your mods, so thanks for all of them.

I've been playing with this mod for months and my most recent playthrough ive been using children school and learning.

I've currently got a fort with 40 adults and 40 kids in it, and I've just noticed that all of my children have beards. I think a game year ago when I started birthing my children they didn't have beards but I didn't keep a save from that point in my game and all my saves now appear to have bearded children (boys and girls).

I don't have many pawn appearance modifying mods, vanilla hair expanded, show pants, this mod. Im using apparello 2 and vanilla armour and apparel expanded but all my pawns are currently wearing cowboy hats which I think are vanilla items. (I haven't seen a duplicate listed in the crafting bills or stockpiles).

In an effort to get rid of the bearded baby girls I removed this mod as a step, not thinking it would make any difference. When I remove this mod from my list all my children don't have beards. When I throw the mod back in the beards come back. Ive had a look in your change dresser and cant find an option. Ive jiggled the settings of this mod and the children school and learning mod and cant get things to work properly.

I've redownloaded the latest release from GitHub again just in case but I think I had the latest version anyway. Im running on rimworld 1.1.

In game whilst writing this I have removed the cowboy hat and ballistic goggles (vanilla apparel/armour) and his colonist icon and picture in rpg inventory gear screen no longer has the beard (when all head gear gone). When I replaced his cowboy hat the beard came back immediately.

Any ideas on what my problem might be ?

I'll probably post over on the children school and learning thread too.

Many thanks

Kiame

Piratax10

i have a suggestion to the mod that would make it a lot better!

A small preview of the hair on the mod settings next to each hair should be available, some of us have way too many hair mods and it can take a long time to find that single hair that didn't look good with a hat...

Is this suggestion possible?
The first and only.

My Mods:
Plazma Burst 2 Weapons Pack: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48663.msg458089#msg458089

Kiame

Update:
Added an mod option to "Hide Hats Indoors"
This will only be shown if "Show Hats Only When Drafted" is disabled. It'll be some extra work for me to get all the corner cases so both can work together.

In addition I've added a secondary option "Update Portrait"
This is a secondary option because it adds some additional computation. The code is efficeint and I'm not that concerned but I'd prefer to play it safe  :)

RoboGerbil

Ive been having this problem for a while now, and since the update ive finally had a small enough modlist to finally find the problem source. Whenever a pawns body size is less than 1.0, the hairstyles double. One at the 1.0 size and one at the pawns body size. The smaller the pawn, the more noticeable the problem.

Here are two examples, the kurin at body size 0.9, and the avali at body size 0.55.

Kiame

Quote from: RoboGerbil on August 25, 2020, 07:05:05 PM
Ive been having this problem for a while now, and since the update ive finally had a small enough modlist to finally find the problem source. Whenever a pawns body size is less than 1.0, the hairstyles double. One at the 1.0 size and one at the pawns body size. The smaller the pawn, the more noticeable the problem.

Here are two examples, the kurin at body size 0.9, and the avali at body size 0.55.

Looking into this now

Kiame

Update:

While a game is running, when the options are open, a pawn will be displayed where different hair styles can be viewed while selecting which hairs to hide. (version 1.2.0.2)

Fixing a scaling issue with Huminoid Alien Races (version 1.2.0.3)

Also includes updated Japanese translation. Thanks Proxyer! (version 1.2.0.2)

Kiame

v1.2.0.4 Update:

Hats can now be put on the pawn in the mod's options. In addition the color of the pawn's hair can be changed to White, Yellow, and Green to allow a better contrast in case the hair color is black.

Fixed an issue where the selected pawn could be downed.

Noticed i did not have Harmony as a dependency defined in About.xml, that's been added.

gaberad

Hi Kiame, so I've been maintaining the Don't Shave Your Head mod, which is similar to this mod. The thing is, I don't really play Rimworld anymore, so was looking for someone to take over.

I was wondering that since this mod of yours was already doing something similar, that we could merge the mods, and have your mod be the defacto 'show hair with headgear' mod, if you're ok with that?

If you're not familiar with Don't Shave Your Head, instead of just displaying the original hair under the headgear (which sometimes clips through the headgear), Don't Shave Your Head replaces the hair with a custom texture made to fit within the outline of the headgear.

I've already done a proof of concept/test merge, and didn't run into any issues from my tests. I've uploaded the test merge here:

https://github.com/gaberad/rimworld-showhair/tree/no-clip-mode

I've called the new feature 'No Clip Mode', and have put the c# files in their own subfolder. I've added an option to enable/disable it in the Settings. There are only a handful of places where I've touched your existing code, and has been commented with a "//gaberad:...".

Hopefully there are enough comments in there to explain what's going on.

Let me know if you're interested.

Kiame

Update:
Fixing an issue where the last item in Hide Hats and Hair were cut off

Alenerel

That was a pretty straightforward indirect...

I have used both mods and I think the dont shave your head is superior since it only hides the hair that makes sense.

Kiame

It's different approaches. This mod works with all hair mods. Don't Shave Your Head requires work to support any hair mod.

gaberad

Quote from: Kiame on February 20, 2021, 05:20:01 PM
It's different approaches. This mod works with all hair mods. Don't Shave Your Head requires work to support any hair mod.

yes and no. I have updated it to work with any hair mod (somewhat). If a hair mod isn't explicitly supported, it will choose an appropriate fallback hair to show under the head gear.

Kiame

Update for 1.3 - Direct Download
Now supports selecting "Hats to Hide" from the mod options