The Anatomy of the Pawn

Started by igwb, June 13, 2017, 03:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igwb

Because the wiki's artcile on body parts and organs is fairly messy, I've made a graphic.
What do you think?

If you like it, I'll put it in the wiki later.

(This image in no way, shape or form resembles the correct anatomy of an actual human. Compared to real-life humans, pawns have a reduced number of bones, they don't have any joints either.)

I release this image to the public domain. Do with it what you want!

Limdood

i absolutely wish that the arms were absent, the hands were simply balls, and the legs/feet were fused into one solid lump...to actually represent the image of a pawn (while still retaining all the useful information). 

Nice chart though!

hoffmale

nice chart :) small typo though (thrid toe)

ProjectXa3

Good work! Get it to the wiki ASAP
"I set fire to my sheet of sailcloth and drape it over the skeletons."
"Okay I'm...I'm going to need you to roll for a personality check for that one."

Names are for the Weak

It's good, but you ought to add the chance of each part getting hit. Let's take the brain for example. The chart would list the chance of the head being shot, then elaborate to the chances of the brain also being hit along with the head.

Limdood

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on June 13, 2017, 05:00:52 PM
It's good, but you ought to add the chance of each part getting hit. Let's take the brain for example. The chart would list the chance of the head being shot, then elaborate to the chances of the brain also being hit along with the head.
He did submit it to the public domain.  I'm sure you could add that info if you really wanted to
/end snarkiness

khearn

While we're on the subject of additional info that would be nice (although I think the graphic is great even if nothing else is added), I'm curious how many hit points each part would have.

I was thinking the other day about how many points you have to do to, say, a squirrel to take it down, and couldn't find any info about how many hit points a squirrel (or any other animal) has. I'd assume there is some base number, and then it gets scaled to each body part, but I have no idea how that works. A nice addition to the chart would be an indication of what proportion of hit points are in each part (e.g. head has 10%, each arm has 12%, etc), and then something at the bottom indicating what the base number of HP is for a given animal (maybe X HP per kilogram or something like that).

Given that I don't know how HP are determined and distributed among the body parts, I can't really volunteer to add it to the graphic. Not to mention that I'm not as good as lgwb at making graphics, and any changes I'd make would probably be like adding warts. Informative warts, maybe, but still not very attractive.

But I think the graphic is very useful as is. Thanks for sharing it!

igwb

Thank you for the positive feedback everyone.

As some have suggested, I've consdered to include the hitchance, but felt that the chart is already quite full and additional data might reduce clarity. I'll look into making another chart for that at some point.

Quote from: hoffmale on June 13, 2017, 04:48:39 PM
nice chart :) small typo though (thrid toe)
thank you

kaptain_kavern

Hans Lemurson

Nice work!  I like your display of the simplified anatomy.

I wonder though, what sort of freakish homunculus you'd get if you made the body parts size proportional to their hit chance...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortical_homunculus#Dr._Wilder_Penfield_Sensory_.26_Motor_Homunculus
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Yoshida Keiji

I would love to have that graphic in the in-game health tab.