[1.0] Quantum Cooling (and heating)

Started by alaestor, October 03, 2016, 09:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pichu0102

Quote from: alaestor on December 26, 2016, 06:37:41 AM
Quote from: Pichu0102 on December 25, 2016, 10:14:53 PM
I was wondering, maybe instead of just quantum cooling, the prototype could also have a heater built in so it's an all in one device that tries to maintain a certain temperature by heating or cooling, depending on the temp.
That's an interesting idea; however it would (likely) require C# DLLs, and I absolutely refuse to write or compile C# code. As it stands, Quantum Coolers are actually just hacky XML definitions (based on the default heater) that pump out negative heat.

I'll play around and see what can be done with XML definitions; but it's unlikely such a device will be possible.
Other than that; what's your opinion on the Prototype Cooler in terms of balance? I have an update ready that reduces its efficiency so a single unit can't maintain negative temperatures, and added research for it that's a prerequisite to the main quantum cooling research.

I'm still looking for more feedback on it's current balance before I upload a nerf.

I'm not sure about balance. I think maybe it should have the same strength as a heater, but with cooling instead of heating, but that's just me. I have to keep 6 in my freezer to keep it at 20F, which feels about right.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

alaestor

A17 is now officially supported.

The change log has been updated, and the latest version can be found in the downloads section of the original post.

Old versions will only be available via the mega.nz link.

alaestor

Updated to B18.

Old versions can be found on the download sites.

Ikazuchi00

For some reason im getting a "bug" where the cooler is stuck at low power, its vexing when theres a heat wave and the cooler isnt working.

Edit: seems like the cooler goes on low mode when i use the embrasures from embrasures mod, though it stays on high when i use vents connected to outside

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ikazuchi00 on March 16, 2018, 03:08:52 AM
For some reason im getting a "bug" where the cooler is stuck at low power, its vexing when theres a heat wave and the cooler isnt working.

Edit: seems like the cooler goes on low mode when i use the embrasures from embrasures mod, though it stays on high when i use vents connected to outside

I suppose embrasures have a different insulation rating. There is a mod on here, "Insulating Walls" that I would recommend reading the thread on if you would like to see other user's comments on this subject.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38046.0

Canute

Most embrasures arn't wall's they are impassable Sandbags.
So it is a bad idea to use them as wallreplacement.
I place a door at the wall, and then 1x3 to 3x3 free area that is surrounded with embrasures.

alaestor

Updated to B19
previous versions still available

alaestor

Updated for the 1.0 Release!

Due to popular demand (well, on steam), I've now expanded the mod to include Quantum Heaters!
Alpha and beta versions can be found in the downloads, as usual.

dodviper

louiemnb