[B19] ResearchPal and HelpTab

Started by notfood, June 13, 2017, 10:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Now that I tried it ... it is so frackin' beautiful I could cry ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SuedKAT

I've been trying this since you released it (was subscriber 3 on steam) and have about 16 hours with it now, the HelpTab is neat to have when you need to check something. ResearchPal however is absolutely freaking amazing, this is how the research tab should look like! Seeing what everything I research results in is great, but being able to cue up stuff is really a godsend!!

I have only 2 things to say, firstly post this in the thread with mods you'd like to see in the game, this is to amazing to not be in the game as default. Ohh and lastly if I may be so bold to ask if it would it be possible to tweak in a searchbar in the ResearchPal window somewhere, would make life a tiny bit easier for us heavy mod users out there when you want/need something special :)

Razzoriel

Just a question.

Does this mod enable item costs for research? Couldn't find the information in there.

AngleWyrm

Queued up several research projects in different trees,
and the researcher switched seamlessly between the completion of one and the start of the next.

ResearchPal just wound up in my must have mods collection.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Dingo

Great job, nice to see this one revived.

notfood

Quote from: SuedKAT on June 14, 2017, 04:01:02 PM
Ohh and lastly if I may be so bold to ask if it would it be possible to tweak in a searchbar in the ResearchPal window somewhere, would make life a tiny bit easier for us heavy mod users out there when you want/need something special :)

I had the same idea, I tried it but I couldn't make it so the scrollbar would focus on that area, I imagine it'd jump a lot even if I had managed. That's why I put this search for research -> click for research into the HelpTab. It's very logical way to do it. If you know what you want to research, go find it in the help tab, then click research.

Quote from: Razzoriel on June 14, 2017, 04:03:48 PM
Does this mod enable item costs for research? Couldn't find the information in there.

These mods doesn't touch anything about the definition of items/research. They are merely collecting information that is already available but hidden.

khearn

I love the look of Research Pal, but I can't find a way to see how many points of research I have already put into a research project. I'm researching gun turrets, and I can see that it takes 800, and I have a partially filled box, but it doesn't tell me the actual number of points I've out into it so far.

Also, when I open the help tab, it appears in the lower right of my screen, with only a part of the text in the window visible. If I resize my Rimworld window, the help window jumps to the lower right, and is nowbigger and the text is fully visible. This is on a linux system, and I've got my UI scale set to 1.25x. If I set it to 1x, the help window appears normally.

It looks like the window is made the same size as it would befor a UI scale of 1x, but the text is 1.25x, so it doesn't fit.

craus

How can i see my tech level using this mod.

Hsekiu

Is this mod compatible with GHXX's Tech Advancing?  As I prefer tribal starts it is a necessity for me - unfortunately, most other mods that alter the research tab are incompatible with it.  Thanks! :)

notfood

This mod doesn't touch research, only displays it. It's probably compatible.

SuedKAT

Quote from: notfood on June 14, 2017, 05:00:36 PM
Quote from: SuedKAT on June 14, 2017, 04:01:02 PM
Ohh and lastly if I may be so bold to ask if it would it be possible to tweak in a searchbar in the ResearchPal window somewhere, would make life a tiny bit easier for us heavy mod users out there when you want/need something special :)

I had the same idea, I tried it but I couldn't make it so the scrollbar would focus on that area, I imagine it'd jump a lot even if I had managed. That's why I put this search for research -> click for research into the HelpTab. It's very logical way to do it. If you know what you want to research, go find it in the help tab, then click research.

Ah neat, must have missed that, huge thanks for the tip! That's incredible useful when you know you want/need something but can't find it in the list or rather can't be bothered to stare at it long enough to find it in between all other mods you (I) have loaded ;)

ErrorUnknown

BEST MOD EVER! ARRRRG **TWITCH**

hoaxdream

best mod, but can you please add the progress in numbers of research like 800/800

BlackSmokeDMax

Perhaps including an updated version of Sky's Old research Menu from A16 would do the trick? Then you'll have the progress bar with numbers on one tab, along with the shiny tree in another tab. So, I guess basically just how HardcoreSK is doing it for A16 still. So maybe include that mod as part of this or update that one to A17 as well?

That is unless you can somehow get the progress in numbers included, which of course would be ideal.