[B19] ResearchPal and HelpTab

Started by notfood, June 13, 2017, 10:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiders Everywhere

Wow, this is just gorgeous. Makes me feel like I'm playing Civilization or something.

Is there a way to see the tech level of a research project with either of these mods? I'm using GHXX Tech Advancing, so I need to know what to research to get to the next tier.

Azaakx

Celestial

After using it for a few days, I finally realized what it was missing. This needs someplace that shows the actual numbers of the research go up. Otherwise, again, great mod

notfood

Update for ResearchPal. It now has an option to pause on open and it shows research tech level on hover for those researches above your own tech level.

ResearchPal 0.17.1.2

SpaceDorf

@notfood You are so awesome I could eat you :P

Now on to your next project : Displaying the research queue as a List and moving priorities around :)
Then (Rim)World-Domination.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Malacai

I found a bug using your ResearchPal. It somehow displayed 3 techs on top of each other. They were all techs introduced by mods, so that my have soemthing to do with it. In my case it was "Plumbing" from the hygiene mod, simple/basic prostetics by EPOE and a third tech that adds medieval surgery buildings. Only the plumbing tech was visible, the other two were hidden behind it but still showed up in the tooltip when i hovered over the tech.

wwWraith

Quote from: notfood on June 14, 2017, 05:00:36 PM
Quote from: SuedKAT on June 14, 2017, 04:01:02 PM
Ohh and lastly if I may be so bold to ask if it would it be possible to tweak in a searchbar in the ResearchPal window somewhere, would make life a tiny bit easier for us heavy mod users out there when you want/need something special :)

I had the same idea, I tried it but I couldn't make it so the scrollbar would focus on that area, I imagine it'd jump a lot even if I had managed. That's why I put this search for research -> click for research into the HelpTab. It's very logical way to do it. If you know what you want to research, go find it in the help tab, then click research.

There are situations when you actually don't know exactly what do you want to research ;) And sometimes you want to take a look at the prerequisitives and other linked techs while planning, considering a total research time and profits. Sometimes it's hard to find where are that tech that you are researching currently. So I still hope you will implement a search bar some day. And may be improve the visibility of queued techs. And a little more suggestion: is it possible to make a hint while you hold mouse cursor on the "Research" button in the main (bottom-line) menu to show a name of currently researching tech?

Regarding HelpTab: there are still some useful stats missing, i.e. min handling skill for animals. And is it possible to add materials (like various stone, wood, fabrics, etc.) to compare their stats offsets/factors?

Anyway, these mods are certainly great and feel like ones of the must-have :) Thanks a lot.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

RxSniper007

Hello, im seeing all this great feedback on these 2 mods for A17 :D

and I have a question :D

do you mind adding a (Legacy) link to the main post pointing to the A16 version of these 2 mods?

as I'm still mucking around with A16... :D XD

thanks in advance (hopefully) XD

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: RxSniper007 on June 18, 2017, 02:53:33 PM
Hello, im seeing all this great feedback on these 2 mods for A17 :D

and I have a question :D

do you mind adding a (Legacy) link to the main post pointing to the A16 version of these 2 mods?

as I'm still mucking around with A16... :D XD

thanks in advance (hopefully) XD

Don't think there were standalone releases of these two for A16. They were part of the A16 HardcoreSK mod pack, but not sure if they were separate mods or just integrated in somewhere.

LittleMikey

You should submit ResearchPal here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29505.0 I think it needs to be in the base game!

AngleWyrm

I find myself wanting to zoom out; not sure what is driving that desire.
Can the current string of items in the research queue get a color buff?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

SpaceDorf

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 19, 2017, 03:33:24 PM
I find myself wanting to zoom out; not sure what is driving that desire.
Can the current string of items in the research queue get a color buff?

Yes please. That would be nice to find my way around.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

RxSniper007

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 18, 2017, 05:39:36 PM

Don't think there were standalone releases of these two for A16. They were part of the A16 HardcoreSK mod pack, but not sure if they were separate mods or just integrated in somewhere.
awwwww :( really? theres no standalone version of this for A16?

tsk tsk, well looks like i have to download and set a bill for myself to butcher(Dissect) the A16 HardcoreSK mod pack and see if i can ectract that mod out of there haha :D

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: RxSniper007 on June 20, 2017, 12:08:10 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 18, 2017, 05:39:36 PM

awwwww :( really? theres no standalone version of this for A16?

tsk tsk, well looks like i have to download and set a bill for myself to butcher(Dissect) the A16 HardcoreSK mod pack and see if i can ectract that mod out of there haha :D

Never looked honestly, could be you'll find it in there all ready to use as one mod.

Canute

I need to say a very good addon. But since the mod need to deal with all the different mod researches by it own, it is not that structured like at HCSK.
Special the queue is a welcome feauture.

-  Since you don't have the old research screen anymore, there is no debug way to finish researches.
Could you add an extra window for the current/selected research project which add the debug buttons ?

- Maybe a adjusting the research project by tech level at the x axis (left right) and/or colour them maybe.

- It happen now serveral time i just misclicked on a tech and forced to research this and cleared the queue. Would be nice to have buttons for research/add to queue.