[B19] ResearchPal and HelpTab

Started by notfood, June 13, 2017, 10:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Hell

Quote from: faltonico on July 19, 2017, 01:07:42 AM
Hi there!
I just had to uninstall the mod =( for some reason, some research projects that were behind research requirements or the multi-analyzer were not possible to do because somehow, the mod didn't detect that i already had it researched or built them.
The particular research was Microelectronics basics, I disabled the mod and could advance with the research, enabled again and some projects were still blocked, like the ones needing the multianalizer, even though I already had it built.

I had the same problem, and I couldn't find the Brewing research. It was behind another research (Basic Prosthetic, EPOE)

Plasmatic

Loving this mod, it makes the research tree a lot nicer to look at.

I had an idea, and I have no idea if it's possible but the research tab at the bottom on the screen, (the one you click to open the tree) is it possible to make that display the current research in the tooltip? Maybe even the next queued research?

I know the letters that pop up when research is finished tell you, but sometimes you are halfway through a research and just want to know what it was you were doing.. and with all the mods the tree becomes quite expansive (this easy to lose track of)

lumina2183

guys how can i upgrade my current tech level?

sirgzu

Quote from: lumina2183 on August 21, 2017, 04:51:37 AM
Depending on your mod settings you have to research either 50% or 100% of all techs at your current tech level.

BlackSmokeDMax

You need to find a mod that does that. This one doesn't. I know there is one, but do not know which that is.

sirgzu

Quote from: sirgzu on August 21, 2017, 05:13:07 AM
Depending on your mod settings you have to research either 50% or 100% of all techs at your current tech level.
My bad there another tech advancing mod that does that here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22598.0

GingerTea

HelpTab conflicts with Psychology. It disables the "treat [trait]" surgery.
Shame, since it's a great mod.

Aarhus

Indeed is a shame that it conflicts with Psychology. Any workaround or patch for the compatibility issue?

maculator

I love the Helptab, its so tiny and yet so usefull.
I would like to make a german translation. I've VERRY basic knowledge about code, but just translating all the whitewords in the xml files should do. Am i correct?
Thanks for the Mod.

I did it:
https://github.com/maculator/Alles

eskoONE

hey, is it possible to add a zoom out feature into the research tab? like mousescrolling or something like that? with many mods installed, its kinda hard to hae an overview.

otherwise great work!

Luckspeare

Yep, I'm getting overlap problems and the looping switches (see below), and I'm using Psychology.  I guess, absent another update, I'm going to have to drop this one too.  :(

switched Advanced nanite prosthetic technologies(3) and Regeneration Nanites(2)
switched Regeneration Nanites(3) and Advanced nanite prosthetic technologies(2)
switched Advanced nanite prosthetic technologies(3) and Regeneration Nanites(2)
switched Regeneration Nanites(3) and Advanced nanite prosthetic technologies(2)
...  etc....

BlackViperMWG

Mr_Man

notfood

Get it from the git master for now.

Topper

Quote from: notfood on November 19, 2017, 07:40:31 PM
Get it from the git master for now.

What does that mean? Is there a non-steam B18 version of researchpal out there somewhere?