How long will it take to review?

Started by NightCloud, June 14, 2017, 12:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightCloud

Click Save to display 'Awaiting review'.
How long does the audit need to create a background story?

ruddthree

From what I've heard, submissions are reviewed in a batch shortly before the next alpha build releases. Don't expect anything immediate.

milon

^ That's correct.  It would otherwise take away from development time to review things as they come in, so everything is processed in a batch shortly before the next major release.  Even if they were reviewed sooner, they still only get released in the major releases, so doing it this way doesn't change the timeframe at all.

Since we just had the release of A17, I expect it will be several months before yours is reviewed.  As long as you've read through the Creative Rewards Guidelines, you should be fine.

I'm going to sticky this because it's not clear enough and we get this question a lot.  :)

bakes

Is there any update to this now we are in 1.0? I bought a named character for a friend in November but it's still not approved and in the game. Where it used to be for alpha releases, what is the process/timing now? I'm hanging out for both of us to be in the game.

BasedMailman

yea I bought a named character for myself too and im still waiting on it to be approved

bakes

So my character was added today, so for anyone else curious about their own, it took ~3 months. That's fine to me, it's just the lack of understanding what the timeframe would be that was frustrating. Hopefully this helps someone else that is curious :)

NeoWolf

So i got the DLC over a year ago i believe and have done everything correctly but my character is still required to get a creators review...

murderinspree

i also have submitted a name for the DLC i purchased and haven't seen a change in the status in a while. i am also wondering how long this process takes. i see most people in the forums discussing the DLC don't usually get a response to their inquiry. if possible i would love a response from someone who knows the process and timeline to reply. not good business practice to accept money from people then just leave them wondering when their service will be fulfilled. thanks

vizadahe

It seems like it would be easy to display a statistic on the character review page that shows the average time from initial submission to inclusion in the game. Both data points are probably in the database. This would help set an expectation of how long it will take rather than just leaving players hanging.

IgniteAU

Hey all,

I've submitted my name 2 weeks ago. Just wondering if it will get accepted soon

Thanks

ChirpScree

ItchyFlea

Names generally get reviewed on a daily basis now. If your name hasn't been reviewed after 1 week, check to see if it was reviewed but not accepted. If it still says it's awaiting review, please send an email to support at [email protected] as names shouldn't take longer than a week to get reviewed and either accepted or rejected.
If a name is rejected, the reviewer usually gives a brief, sometimes generalised, description as to why. If you believe the reviewer has made a mistake, send support an email before resubmitting.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created