[Alpha 17b] Warden does not offer recruitment pitch

Started by MiniKeeper, June 14, 2017, 03:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniKeeper

Game is on Steam. My operating system is a laptop running windows 10.
On one of my save games (Cassandra Classic, intense difficulty, permadeath enabled) my warden, despite have a social skill of 11, was not recruiting any prisoners. I checked the social tab and it turns out the warden builds rapport with the prisoner, but never actually gives them a recruitment pitch.

I expected the warden to offer the recruitment pitch as usual.

To replicate:
1. Get a prisoner.
2. Enable "chat and recruit" on prisoner
3. Have warden talk to them while keeping the social tab open to observe social interaction

In addition, whenever the warden attempts what I think is the recruitment pitch, this comes up in the debug log;

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Guignol, Job=PrisonerAttemptRecruit A=Thing_Human60305, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.StoryIntender_Population.CalculatePopulationIntent (RimWorld.StorytellerDef def, Single curPop, Int32 ticksSinceGain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StoryIntender_Population.get_PopulationIntent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnUtility.RecruitDifficulty (Verse.Pawn pawn, RimWorld.Faction recruiterFaction, Boolean withPopIntent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.InteractionWorker_RecruitAttempt.Interacted (Verse.Pawn initiator, Verse.Pawn recipient, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 extraSentencePacks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker.TryInteractWith (Verse.Pawn recipient, RimWorld.InteractionDef intDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Toils_Interpersonal+<TryRecruit>c__AnonStorey26E.<>m__E0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work, curJob.def=PrisonerAttemptRecruit, curDriver=RimWorld.JobDriver_ChatWithPrisoner
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:StartPath(LocalTargetInfo, PathEndMode)
RimWorld.<GotoPrisoner>c__AnonStorey26A:<>m__DA()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

For a save file, I used dev mode to get a prisoner and try to replicate the error. It worked, and it is where I got the debug log entry from. Save file is on dropbox.
The link is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ic56z3bbz4pv5hu/Antioch%20%28Permadeath%29.rws?dl=0

Sliderpro

I confirm. Warden build rapports, but no "recrutement" ever occurs. Adittionally, it is visible as a percentege numbers appear after an attempt - in fact, never.

Dashthechinchilla

I thought I noticed something similar, but I thought I caused it by interrupting the chat and recruit with a forced task. It seemed to go away after restarting the game.

ison

I've loaded your savefile but couldn't reproduce it in A18, so I think it's already fixed. Thanks for reporting.