[A17/B18] Simple Slavery v0.5k (updated 2018/1/29)

Started by Thirite, June 15, 2017, 11:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

B18 Unstable available for testing here:
https://github.com/thirite/SimpleSlavery/tree/B18_unstable

Fair warning, I haven't tested it very much beyond enslaving a pawn. I'll likely modify things later (like how a slave is freed) but for now it's just updated to B18 as is.

IValerian

Quote from: Thirite on December 24, 2017, 01:39:50 AM
B18 Unstable available for testing here:
https://github.com/thirite/SimpleSlavery/tree/B18_unstable

Fair warning, I haven't tested it very much beyond enslaving a pawn. I'll likely modify things later (like how a slave is freed) but for now it's just updated to B18 as is.

Thanks! :)

Thirite

Bit of an update- I changed the way slaves are freed. Now there is an "Emancipate" gizmo (similar to the Draft gizmo) for slaves that is toggled on/off- if toggled on a Warden will autonomously go free them (or you can immediately direct them to do it like most other jobs). So if you accidentally click 'Emancipate' they won't immediately be freed, it's just a toggle whether or not a Warden can free them. This means a slave no longer needs to keep their slave collar on at all times, so I put in a check that if they're not wearing one they get a willpower boost to escape. However you still need a collar to initially enslave a pawn. I'll be pushing this update sometime this evening soon™.

Updated to v0.5i
- New mechanics for freeing slaves:
-- an "Emancipate" gizmo can be toggled on/off, which will allow wardens to autonomously (or manually) free the slave
-- Slave collars can be removed after a pawn is enslaved without freeing them, but this will increase their willpower to escape (a collar is still necessary to enslave in the first place)
- some bug fixes

Ziehn

Love the mod, just need an option to make escaped slave alerts as a critical message and i'd be good. Slave keep sneaking out on me with the current alert with it just being a low tone beep and small text message i easily miss  ;D

Feindflug

Thats true. Thats the only thing in this mod that sucks somehow. Otherwise its great. :)

Harry_Dicks

Have you two ever tried ED-Enhanced Options? I believe in the mod options for that, you can set specific low priority messages to pop up, or have a different alert, or something to try and fix your problem.

Ziehn

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 14, 2018, 03:15:25 PM
Have you two ever tried ED-Enhanced Options? I believe in the mod options for that, you can set specific low priority messages to pop up, or have a different alert, or something to try and fix your problem.

That mod only allows you to hide certain letters from popping up, nothing about changing alerts ;(

ptx

I exchange 2k+ silver for a really good slave from a caravan trader. That bought pawn automatically becomes a normal colony pawn, instead of slave pawn. Guess I'll have to wait for the new pawn's next mental break.

Since collar is now optional, why not restoring health for the tribal slave collar, while keeping the indestructible nature of the metal slave collar. It's just one code line.
Thrumbo tribal slave collar offers more protection than the metal one.
A new collar, a neck armor would be great.

Ziehn

So i found that you can thwart a slaves escape attempt by drafting them before they get to your outer wall (you can tell they are escaping when their move point leads off the map)  :P

lllMWNlll

These collars.

Should have a explosive collar! BOOM! If he almost escapes the quadrant which we are playing. Of course explosive collars are OP, but why not?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: lllMWNlll on January 18, 2018, 07:42:57 PM
These collars.

Should have a explosive collar! BOOM! If he almost escapes the quadrant which we are playing. Of course explosive collars are OP, but why not?

Here's an explosive vest. Just came out 2 days ago on the mods release page, https://github.com/RandolphCherrypepper/SuicideVest/archive/v0.18.0.zip

Thirite

To be honest I had completely forgot that I made the collars indestructible. I'll have to disable that now that removing collars isn't equal to freeing a slave. I'll also look into changing the alert noise to a more serious one.

ptx

AlienRaces, specifically Rimworld of the Apes can be enslaved and put collar on, but if the collar is dropped, then it won't be able to wear the collar again. Yes, the mod forbids any human clothing.
I have faint memory of enslaving orassans back in A17, but that mod is humanlike alienrace.

Ziehn

Quote from: ptx on January 22, 2018, 09:50:19 AM
AlienRaces, specifically Rimworld of the Apes can be enslaved and put collar on, but if the collar is dropped, then it won't be able to wear the collar again. Yes, the mod forbids any human clothing.
I have faint memory of enslaving orassans back in A17, but that mod is humanlike alienrace.

Emancipate and then re-enslave them, had a similar problem with enslaving a Callistan. Collar disappeared and they got stuck in a prisoner state while having the enslaved hedefs.

Thirite

Updated to v0.5j
- Changed slave escaping alert sound to more be more noticeable
- Reverted slave collars' indestructibility