[A17/B18] Simple Slavery v0.5k (updated 2018/1/29)

Started by Thirite, June 15, 2017, 11:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

QuoteException tickling Giggles...
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Thirite

@PixelBitZombie
I don't believe so. "buildslave" is just referencing a directory on your computer. In computer terminology "Master" and "Slave" refer to a system where (typically in reference to HDD set up) one component controls another. By the looks of it the error is a from a Harmomy Patch which affects how projectiles are shot. Not sure what mod that could be without seeing your modlist, but I suspect a mod which adds a special gun.

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: Thirite on June 17, 2017, 01:25:07 PM
@PixelBitZombie
I don't believe so. "buildslave" is just referencing a directory on your computer. In computer terminology "Master" and "Slave" refer to a system where (typically in reference to HDD set up) one component controls another. By the looks of it the error is a from a Harmomy Patch which affects how projectiles are shot. Not sure what mod that could be without seeing your modlist, but I suspect a mod which adds a special gun.

Alright thanks for the heads up. Then yeah its most likely Combat Extended.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Thirite

It's worth mentioning that's not an incompatibility with this mod. That error is likely a bug in the original mod that should be reported to the developer.

jecrell

How fun! Looking forward to a release.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Devon_v

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on June 17, 2017, 02:45:07 PM
@PixelBitZombie

CE uses custom verbs, so I don't think so. The entire mechanics of firing a bullet are different in CE.

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: Devon_v on June 17, 2017, 08:43:04 PM
Quote from: PixelBitZombie on June 17, 2017, 02:45:07 PM
@PixelBitZombie

CE uses custom verbs, so I don't think so. The entire mechanics of firing a bullet are different in CE.

CE is definitely an issue with most mods I'm running. I just thought "buildslaves" was part of this mod. I got rid of CE and all my problems went away. Probably need compatibility patches. Anyway thanks for the heads up and letting me know.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Thirite

Quote from: Devon_v on June 17, 2017, 08:43:04 PM
The code which is throwing an error is used to execute verbs whether vanilla or custom, so I would strongly suspect CE to be generating the error.

Rimrue

So I found a bug. :(

I enslaved a prisoner and she ran off to the stock room to grab some clothes, then ran back to the prison cell to grab some more from the shelf there (after I forbid her from wearing the best clothes. Lol), and then sort of fell into limbo. Her name turned yellow again, she's stuck in the prison and unable to get out, and her prison bed has her name on it, but she's lost her Prisoner tab. She's supposedly on joy time, but I have no control over her. :/

I've attached my game save. I would try to modify it myself, but would probably end up breaking it instead. :P

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Rimrue

Okay, I was able to fix my save by deleting all the slave related tags on my prisoner. I re-enslaved her, and a few in-game hours later she had the same thing happen again. I fixed it again, and then a few in-game hours after that she disappeared completely (I suspect she became unenslaved while she was outside and then escaped!). I reloaded from my last save and have now restricted her to the inside of my base until I get the outer walls built. Lol

Anyway, I thought perhaps the bug had to do with her work schedule, but since she disappeared after I set her to Anything, maybe that's not the source of it. Lol

Thirite

Hahaha, I didn't even consider a pawn doing the "attempt escape" action from a prison cell. I suppose that makes sense. Should be fixed in the next version.

Rimrue

Oh, is that what is happening? She's attempting escape? Lol But shouldn't I get a notification then that she's trying to escape so I can try to arrest her? Also it just happened again right after she woke up. Lol

Now that my base is clean (she's a neat freak) I may emancipate her and try to recruit her again. Dunno why it was taking so long. She's one of my colonist's mother! Lol

Thirite

Updated to v0.2
- Transferred mod to GitHub
- Initial integration of the core game's buying and selling of slaves with the mod's slavery system
- Numerous fixes
- Probably buggy as hell

Thirite

Updated to v0.3
- Cleaned up a lot of the code and rewrote some parts
- Added new thought "SlaveColony"; Kind pawns won't be happy about being part of a slave-driving colony

O Negative

Quote from: Thirite on June 19, 2017, 02:10:51 PM
Added new thought "SlaveColony"; Kind pawns won't be happy about being part of a slave-driving colony
I really like the design decision to not have this apply to the average pawn, unlike other thought workers (i.e. butchering humans or harvesting organs).