[A17/B18] Simple Slavery v0.5k (updated 2018/1/29)

Started by Thirite, June 15, 2017, 11:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KozmoD

Trying to deal with the mood is a pain. They get sad even with the "bare minimum" like individual bedrooms and good meals cause they take forever to get into a place with shackles and without them they escape way too easily. I wish they didnt count with the Tattered Apparel alert too. Having to deal with they being berserk is counter productive af, if I use non lethal force my colonists get beaten and have to lay in bed for the day, if I use lethal force they loose limbs or die, which kinda goes against having them in the first place.
Can you add a collar for controling them? Like a "Shock Pulse Collar" that stuns and do little damage for when they break or try to escape ?

Jernfalk

Quote from: KozmoD on April 09, 2018, 01:03:20 PM
Trying to deal with the mood is a pain. They get sad even with the "bare minimum" like individual bedrooms and good meals cause they take forever to get into a place with shackles and without them they escape way too easily. I wish they didnt count with the Tattered Apparel alert too. Having to deal with they being berserk is counter productive af, if I use non lethal force my colonists get beaten and have to lay in bed for the day, if I use lethal force they loose limbs or die, which kinda goes against having them in the first place.
Can you add a collar for controling them? Like a "Shock Pulse Collar" that stuns and do little damage for when they break or try to escape ?

You're doing slavery wrong. They are supposed to be disposable. Feed them shitty stuff, dress in rags, work them to exhaustion or use them as bullet sponges in attacks and when they die (and they will die), capture more.  Slavery is supposed to be about getting work done while spending the least amount of resources as possible. It's a way to make tribals and pirates regret attacking you.

Chimerat

Quote from: Thirite on June 15, 2017, 11:07:32 AM[...]
How to Capture a Slave
   You'll first need to make a Slave Collar at either the Smithy or Machining Table,[...]
I can't seem to find the item listed in my Machining Table. Am I missing something?

(As for my earlier question, it does seem to take quite a while, but they did reappear, though I had to reset the jobs for some of them.)

KozmoD

ptx

Quote from: KozmoD on April 09, 2018, 06:10:39 PM
Fair, I will treat them like shit.

Colonists get individual bedrooms, slaves only deserve barracks.
Good meals? my A17 slaves ate paste. My current slaves eat better, since WM Food doesn't work in CE.
Shackles? Get Giddy up and tame a fast animal ride, use that to capture escaping pawn, unless you play a really small map.
Tattered apparel? Your slaver colony is a paradise. Most of my slaves just walk around naked. My soldier slaves get better clothing and armor, their dicks got cut off though, just like unsullied soldiers. :D
Mood is easily managed by beautiful surroundings and smokeleaf, or other drug.
Not Enough NLW mod gives you tazer when your slaves do go beserk.
Renaming your slaves to numbers detached you from your slave pawn, they are expendable.

r0xx0r01

absolutely love this mod.  Wish Mayor wasn't acting up with it for me, no error just spamming chatting etc.., anyhow this mod is great for my current scenario "Roaming Giants" I use the slaves as pack animals. they literally carry our beds and food around while we raid cities and use their resources etc. it's a heap of fun.
Any how-  curious if you could possibly make it so that you could literally force them to do any job- w/out the use of force pawn  etc., i already make them eat their comrades and make em clean up the blood etc..  First post I ever done here =p  I felt this mod deserved my attention and spew. ++

Jernfalk

Quote from: ptx on April 09, 2018, 08:26:22 PM

Good meals? my A17 slaves ate paste. My current slaves eat better, since WM Food doesn't work in CE.
Shackles? Get Giddy up and tame a fast animal ride, use that to capture escaping pawn, unless you play a really small map.
Tattered apparel? Your slaver colony is a paradise. Most of my slaves just walk around naked. My soldier slaves get better clothing and armor, their dicks got cut off though, just like unsullied soldiers. :D
Renaming your slaves to numbers detached you from your slave pawn, they are expendable.

Precisely! I'm using Deeprim, so I just send my slaves underground and they mine, cut stone and make trinkets for me to sell without ever seeing the light of day and having zero chance to escape.

KozmoD

Quote from: ptx on April 09, 2018, 08:26:22 PM

XD points for the GOT treatment. I guess I can give them Drug Tea or smokeleaf to deal with the mood (I usually dont use drugs, so I kinda forgot them). By "individual bedrooms" I meant to say that they sleep in the dark prison cells where they were put when captured. And they only wear Tribal rags under 50% hit points, I have kids in the colony, I dont want them to see naked people like that :p
I just installed Giddy Up, Megafauna and other mods today, still need to play with them, really good idea tho, thx. I also loved the "name them numbers" thing, Im gonna stick with that :D

Chimerat

Sorry to ask again so soon, but does anyone know where you're supposed to make the collars? They're not listed in the machining table and those I embarked with have been used up already.

r0xx0r01

^ from either crafting (tribal stage) square that cost no resources to place or the fueled smithy- I imagine the electric smithy could work too.

KozmoD

Okay so after giving them drugs, the mood situation was good most of the time, no more mental breaks and my slaves actually could work! But now the problem is that sometimes they just escape without alerts, Im not doing anything besides playing and when I look to the colonist bar, one of my slaves is missing. This happened more than once, Idk if its a bug or Im just blind, but could you make the escaping alert be a little more noticible, like the raid ones ?
Also, if they actually escape, could you make having the oposite effect of releasing? Like "Cause X escaped the map while a slave, the realation with the -Faction's Name- decreased by -20"

SirDarin

Quote from: r0xx0r01 on April 09, 2018, 09:31:44 PM
absolutely love this mod.  Wish Mayor wasn't acting up with it for me, no error just spamming chatting etc.., anyhow this mod is great for my current scenario "Roaming Giants" I use the slaves as pack animals. they literally carry our beds and food around while we raid cities and use their resources etc. it's a heap of fun.
Any how-  curious if you could possibly make it so that you could literally force them to do any job- w/out the use of force pawn  etc., i already make them eat their comrades and make em clean up the blood etc..  First post I ever done here =p  I felt this mod deserved my attention and spew. ++
I like the Pawns are Capable mod, turns incapable work into hated work so that you can assign them to any work tasks. They get mood debufs for doing hated work, but who cares, they are just your slave labor.

Coolphoton

Have you consitterd a cooler that prevents skilled labor but makes the slave count as a non colonist? Like make it with some drugs or something...

Fenocide

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 06, 2018, 10:21:15 AM
I ended up using the file I found. I can't remember where, but I am about 99% sure it was a royalty free license or whatever. I went ahead and resized it, and everything looks like it should work fine.

Plus, this is all just for personal use, but if anyone else wants to use it, just put this file in the same folder as Emancipate.png, which is in the Simple Slavery mod folder. Here is my directory (where you will put this file), of course everyone's will be different:

D:\RimWorld.v0.18.1722\Mods\SimpleSlavery-B18_unstable\Textures\UI\Commands

Just wanted to say that this worked perfectly. Yes, the icon has a white background. That may matter to some but is fine with me.

Andre27

So I know there is the issue with them stopping being slaves once you stop their escape attempt, but they also get their enslaved counter reset, which is even more annoying tbh.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to have just been temporary, it returned to what it was before soon after.