[1.2] Heat Map: Togglable temperature based colour gradient over your base

Started by falconne, June 16, 2017, 07:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

This mod has become a must have for me. Thank you so much for this!

Ruisuki

At first I thought this was a part of Centralized Climate Controls overlay. Good Stuff

falconne

Have published a new version:

A thermometer widget has been added to the top right hand corner of the UI, displaying the current outdoor temperature (shaded with the same color scheme as the overlay). This can be disabled in Mod Settings. Clicking this widget also toggles the heat map overlay.

Also I've made the UI strings translatable now; if anyone can help out translating please make a pull request on Github.

falconne

Just released an update with a fix for a memory leak with the outdoor thermometer. Please update if you were downloading manually.

Jackalvin

Hello. I used this mod yesterday and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I was able to see how my airlock was letting out cold, and in a cold biome this was a important issue. Quick question though, can we get a one for beauty and the like, I'd greatly appreciate it.
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

falconne

I'd been considering something similar for room info, maybe showing a bit more detail than just colour. I will look into it.

falconne

Quote from: Jackalvin on March 20, 2018, 10:07:07 AM
Hello. I used this mod yesterday and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I was able to see how my airlock was letting out cold, and in a cold biome this was a important issue. Quick question though, can we get a one for beauty and the like, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I've made this now: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40824.0 I'd appreciate any play testing from folks with the time.

Rulin

Looks like other mods can overwrite the UI toggle button. Using the current mod with the newest 1.0.2026 version atm.
I think it might have something to do with this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1339135272
It adds three new overlay toggles to the game.
I just tried loading Heat Map before the TD Enhancement Pack, didn't work.
Hmmm... I am also using the Cleaning Area mod which has a toggle. So it might have something to do with this one...

Edit: No, I just loaded Heat Map without any other mods. For some reson the toggle button is not showing up.
I noticed there is a new button in my game version. "Automatic rebuild of destroyed structures in home area". So maybe this is blocking the button? I don't know...

Also allow me a small suggestion: A "back to default/vanilla settings"-button in the mod options menu would be nice to have.

Btw, what values do I have to change so my fridge is not heating up that fast due to door opening and other things? I tried adjusting the numbers but the temperature doesn't really change. 28°C Outdoors, 0°C Indoors -9 target. It is not a big room and I am using 2 ACs.

falconne

Quote from: Rulin on September 15, 2018, 04:30:10 PM
Looks like other mods can overwrite the UI toggle button. Using the current mod with the newest 1.0.2026 version atm.
I think it might have something to do with this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1339135272

I've checked with TD Enhancement mod enabled and both seem to work together ok. Is the Heat Map mod enabled in your mod list? You said you are on a 1.0 version; you should be on a 0.19 version. This mod won't work without the latest 0.19 version.

Quote from: Rulin on September 15, 2018, 04:30:10 PM
Btw, what values do I have to change so my fridge is not heating up that fast due to door opening and other things? I tried adjusting the numbers but the temperature doesn't really change. 28°C Outdoors, 0°C Indoors -9 target. It is not a big room and I am using 2 ACs.

You probably want to make a post in General or the Rimworld Discord with screenshots. Folks can give you suggestions.

Reyghel

Many thanks dear modder for making this mod, it greatly facilitates the task of knowing the temperature and comfort of my settlers. And not having to be selecting it individually for each room or hallway. I just hope it works in the version of the game that I have that is 1.0.20.96. Greetings from Uruguay.

JT

ambivalence

As it was mentioned in Steam, it would be really great to have a custom scale for really cold maps. Sometimes even -20 is fine, when it's -200 outside.

falconne

New update now lets you set custom scales for the gradient.

Also, when overlay is on, each room's temperature is now shown over the room. This can be disabled in the mod settings.