Music info

Started by jamieg, April 29, 2014, 12:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamieg

Just wondering if someone can tell me a little about this? I basically want to edit/change the music in Rimworld so that it will fit in with our full conversion better, I just need to find out what format Unity needs the music to be in as its defo not mp3 lol :) thanks for saving me loads of time ;)
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

pawnstorm

I found this in the Unity library somewhere:

namespace UnityEngine
{
    using System;

public enum AudioType
    {
        ACC = 1,
        AIFF = 2,
        AUDIOQUEUE = 0x18,
        GCADPCM = 9,
        IT = 10,
        MOD = 12,
        MPEG = 13,
        OGGVORBIS = 14,
        S3M = 0x11,
        UNKNOWN = 0,
        WAV = 20,
        XM = 0x15,
        XMA = 0x16
    }
}

jamieg

Maybe my my conversation mucked up but this didnt help??
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Malefus

I am having trouble loading music as well. 
Could not load UnityEngine.AudioClip at Songs/OG/BumpintheNight in any active mod or in default resources.

The song is in mp3 format.  However, I also tried to rename Terraformer.ogg to BumpintheNight.ogg and got the same error message.

My song files are located at RimWorld460Win\Mods\CoreOG\Songs\OG\BumpintheNight.mp3.
I edited the BaseSongDefs.xml as such adding all my songs.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<SongDefs>
<SongDef>
<timeOfDay>Night</timeOfDay>
<clipPath>Songs/OG/BumpintheNight</clipPath>
<volume>0.6</volume>
<tense>true</tense>
</SongDef>
etc...
</SongDefs>

Has anyone else been able to load a song?

Malefus

I have solved my issue.  I had the Songs folder in the mod folder.  It needed to be in the mod\Sounds folder.

Changed from
RimWorld460Win\Mods\CoreOG\Songs\OG\BumpintheNight.mp3
to
RimWorld460Win\Mods\CoreOG\Sounds\Songs\OG\BumpintheNight.mp3

Malefus

My new issue now is that the music is very quiet in game.  My .ogg files sound fine outside of the game.  They are comparable to listening to the extracted vanilla music in VLC.  I have tried to mess with the volume setting in the def file, but whether I leave it out, set it to 1.0,1.5, 3.0, 30, 100, 300, 1000 it is always very quiet.