[A17] Pawns Are Capable! (No more disabled work!) Updated to V3.2!

Started by Rimrue, June 18, 2017, 01:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheanox

This is probably an obvious answer, but if this was built on top of Editable Backstories, does that mean the custom backstories I built for that can be used with this?  Also can we use the user made backstories from that mod with this one?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Pheanox on June 20, 2017, 04:30:13 PMThis is probably an obvious answer, but if this was built on top of Editable Backstories, does that mean the custom backstories I built for that can be used with this?  Also can we use the user made backstories from that mod with this one?

Technically, yes, but the compatibility isn't as clean as I'd like. Your best bet is actually to hold off just a bit. 

I've been working with Rimrue, and the next version of "Pawns Are Capable!" -- which I assume he'll be releasing within the next day or two -- will be completely independent of (but fully compatible with) "Editable Backstories." It will, when the game is loaded, simply replace the incapabilities in vanilla backstories with the appropriate new traits.

And after he's released the updated version of "Pawns Are Capable!," I'll be releasing updates to both versions of "Editable Backstories" which will, if "Pawns Are Capable!" is in use, make the same adjustments to user-created backstories when the game loads that PAC makes to vanilla backstories.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Rimrue

^^^ What he said. :) (Except I'm a she. ;) )

Just doing some testing on it now, but it looks like it is 100% save game safe and can be added to and removed from the game without breaking anything (even with REB or REB Lite installed. :) ). Existing pawns won't get the new traits, but their incapabilities will disappear. Lol (I believe the latter should correct itself with REB and REB Lite once they are updated too. :) )

However, the new version will absolutely break games started with the old version. I recommend using the old version until players finish their current game.

dburgdorf

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Pheanox

Amazing, I look forward to both of your work combined and working with each other.  Editable backstories is awesome and I enjoy making my own backstories for characters and all that.  It's not the 'random' stories the game was originally meant for but telling my own with my own characters is extremely satisfying to me.

BlueWinds

I'm really excited to give the new version of this mod a try - negative moodlets make so much more sense than blanket bans. I suggested the idea a few months ago somewhere on these forums, so glad to see someone else agrees it's a good way to go. :)

Quote from: Rimrue on June 20, 2017, 05:45:29 PM
No worries. You're not the first. I'm getting used to it. Lol

I use a female avatar to cut down on confusion, because while I too am used to it, I prefer to give hints where I can. *^^*

Rimrue

I just realized I haven't even uploaded a profile pic yet! Will fix. ;)

I've seen the mood debuff suggested a few times now. There's another thread currently discussing it. I'm actually surprised no one else has made a similar mod already!

Pheanox

Quick question for ya.  Will load order matter with your mod and Editable Backstories, if so which one should come first?  Also I assume these traits can be added by Prepare Carefully right?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Pheanox on June 20, 2017, 07:06:58 PMQuick question for ya.  Will load order matter with your mod and Editable Backstories, if so which one should come first?  Also I assume these traits can be added by Prepare Carefully right?

Load order shouldn't matter, but I'll be able to say for sure once I get EB updated later tonight.

And yes, the new traits should all be available in Prepare Carefully.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Ruptga

Excellent, except your steam link is actually a picture.

dburgdorf

Both versions of "Editable Backstories" have been updated for 100% compatibility with the new version of "Pawns Are Capable!" So use 'em together. :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?