[A17] Pawns Are Capable! (No more disabled work!) Updated to V3.2!

Started by Rimrue, June 18, 2017, 01:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: Rimrue on June 27, 2017, 05:15:21 PMSo maybe just a higher chance they will reach the second stage and learn to endure the work with a still rare chance that they may yet have an epiphany or go the opposite and hate the job even more?

I think that could be fun.

But I also think we should let things "percolate" a bit before we make any more changes. See what people think once they've had a chance to play with it for a bit. And also, I've got some other things I need to get to. :)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Rimrue

Yes, I agree. These ideas can wait till later. I also have stuff to get done. Like real life work. Lol

Mrred1

Yes, you deserve some time of your own for life and work. Great job with the mod btw!
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

drakulux

Will be trying this out in my upcoming playthrough, just really waiting on psychology sigh.... It would just take so much advantage of this mod too with new type of social interactions, havjng a friend to talk to to reduce debuff, losing your cool and shouting at the colony leader/manager(fluffy manager).

Jedi0n

So can you load this into an existing save to erase all the colonists negative traits, load paused so nothing new occurs, save, remove mod and have a vanilla colony with negative traits removed? Or would other issues occur doing this?

Rimrue

Once you remove the mod the original incapabilities will come back. Adding it to an existing colony will remove incapabilities without adding any new traits. But new pawns may generate the new traits.

As for removing the mod, so long as no pawns have any negative moods from work they hate, they won't be deleted. But I make no guarantees there won't be any other errors. That's how it worked when I tested it, but YMMV.

Hope that helps!

Wraithling

While I loooove the idea of this mod Rimrue, I had to point out stuff that I didn't quite like. One of that being non-violent visitors and caravan members equipped with weapons. The -75 mood debuff for wielding weapons quickly cause them to berserk, and at the end of the day I have lots of visitors/caravans cutting short their visit and/or injured visitors bleeding all over my base. anyway I hope future versions would fix this, and keep up the good work!  :P

Rimrue

Hi Wraithling, I'm pretty sure I removed that in the last update. Have you got the latest version installed?

Wraithling

You did? My bad!! xD Ok I'm off to redownloading now, and thank you Rimrue!

Rimrue

Not sure which version you are running but if upgrading from 1.0 to either 2.0 or 3.0 will break game saves. 2.0 to 3.0 is fine though.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the mod, otherwise. :)

moonra

I just added this mod and played with it in a new colony for a while so I have some... hmm, shallow, let's say, feedback. I really like the mod idea and most of the implementation but I dislike the sheer amount of new traits it adds, it kinda overtakes the vanilla traits and you end up with pawns with three of those kiiiinda useless traits like Neat Freak.

openyourmind

Quote from: moonra on July 05, 2017, 03:27:15 AM
I just added this mod and played with it in a new colony for a while so I have some... hmm, shallow, let's say, feedback. I really like the mod idea and most of the implementation but I dislike the sheer amount of new traits it adds, it kinda overtakes the vanilla traits and you end up with pawns with three of those kiiiinda useless traits like Neat Freak.

This.

dburgdorf

Quote from: moonra on July 05, 2017, 03:27:15 AMI just added this mod and played with it in a new colony for a while so I have some... hmm, shallow, let's say, feedback. I really like the mod idea and most of the implementation but I dislike the sheer amount of new traits it adds, it kinda overtakes the vanilla traits and you end up with pawns with three of those kiiiinda useless traits like Neat Freak.

With a few exceptions, the traits added by the mod simply replace vanilla's incapabilities. But the new traits don't "overtake" the basic traits, since in addition to the traits that replace a pawn's incapabilities, the pawn also still gets the normal selection of random traits, so nothing's really lost. You just end up with pawns with longer trait lists.  Typical pawns now have four to six traits instead of two or three. ;)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

wwWraith

Quote from: dburgdorf on July 05, 2017, 09:41:59 AMBut the new traits don't "overtake" the basic traits, since in addition to the traits that replace a pawn's incapabilities, the pawn also still gets the normal selection of random traits, so nothing's really lost. You just end up with pawns with longer trait lists.  Typical pawns now have four to six traits instead of two or three. ;)

I didn't made a thorough test but can't recall any pawn with more than 3 traits (besides some of my starter pawns that had their traits before installing PAC). And sometimes the only traits are those replacing incapabilities. I thought you decided to make it this way after all :) Still personally I don't worry about it.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

moonra

I DID see some pawns with at least 4 traits, but I also got a raider with only 3 [bad] of this mod's traits.

Quotesince in addition to the traits that replace a pawn's incapabilities, the pawn also still gets the normal selection of random traits, so nothing's really lost.

I'd love this mod if the vanilla traits NEVER got replaced with this mod's ones but got some-or-none of them after the vanilla ones, but it doesn't seem to do that. But please do correct me if I'm wrong.