[A17] Pawns Are Capable! (No more disabled work!) Updated to V3.2!

Started by Rimrue, June 18, 2017, 01:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: rambo on August 17, 2017, 06:50:33 AM
The debuff should slowly go away and not become worse

right .. when you are doing something you absolutely detest, and never wanted to do ( again ) in your live .. your mood debuff lowers over time ..

like DBurgdorf said, this is a way to get pawns to do things in emergencies they were normally forbidden to do. Not to cheese pawns into everything.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Lupin III

Well, I just had a pyrophobic pyromanic in a visitor group. Pyromaniacs don't ever extinguish fires anyway, but what would this guy do? Light a fire than flee in panic? Must be a hard life for him ;)

DonkeyBoat

Are you going to update to current Beta? It would be great if you did, this mod is great!

dburgdorf

Quote from: DonkeyBoat on November 25, 2017, 11:05:30 PMAre you going to update to current Beta? It would be great if you did, this mod is great!

I don't know if Rue plans to update this version of PAC, but my alternate "no traits" version has been available for b18 for a couple of weeks, already.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Rexstriker

SpaceDorf

Rexstriker

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 29, 2017, 05:33:43 AM
Yes

Nice
Just another question though, do skills still get EX even when the pawn hates doing it? Is it possible to get something with a 20 in a skill who hates doing it?

SpaceDorf

I would think so, but I guess with the common mental breaks that will get you,
you might not get above a certain level, due to skill degredation.

I can't say for sure if you get normal experience or even lower than the 33% of a non-passion skill.

dburgdorf

Neither version of PAC affects skill gain, so yes, a pawn who hates doing a job will still gain experience when forced to do it. However, as pawns (obviously) can't have passions for work they hate, skill gain will be at the slowest rate, and as SpaceDorf pointed out, any attempt to keep a pawn doing hated work for an extended period is going to cause a lot of problems, so the odds of a pawn ever getting very *good* at hated work are slim.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

But it is tempting if you get a pawn who is actually good at that hatet skill and even has fitting traits.