Colonist's lover isn't one of my colonists

Started by Zak17, June 18, 2017, 10:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zak17

Hey, so maybe I'm missing something, but one of my colonists has a lover who is not one of my three starters. I just started the game, and he has a lover who is apparently a faction leader, but I don't know which faction or which base she is at. What do?

O Negative

That happens. If you want them to be a part of your colony, you might have to wait for them to visit or raid you and then arrest them.

Zak17

cultist

It's actually a pretty cool feature. NPC's that are tagged as having a relation to your colonists are in a pool of pawns that are more likely to visit your colony as traders or visitors, or even raiders if they're in a hostile faction.

Jimyoda

So don't worry about Romeo. Even if the Capulets despise him and your whole colony, his star-crossed lover will find her way to him. I'm sure they'll live happily ever after - I mean, what could possibly go wrong?
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

The Nickman

I'm curious about this one.. does anyone ever alter their gameplay based on the fact someone in a relationship shows up??  Such as you try not to kill someone who is raiding or even you capture a friendly visitor, even though it damages trade relations??

Mr.Cross

I attempt to capture their relation, but if they are met with an unfortunate accident, well hey, no skin off my back.
Claims to know most things.

Trylobyte

Quote from: Mr.Cross on June 19, 2017, 10:12:16 PM
I attempt to capture their relation, but if they are met with an unfortunate accident, well hey, no skin off my back.
This has become a huge pain in the butt in my latest colony.  Since I have 21 members and 40-man raids I get a relationship every other raid.    My record was four in the same raid, two for the same colonist!  Half my colonists have mood debuffs from brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, nieces, nephews, or lovers getting killed and because the blobs are so large nonlethal tactics aren't really possible.  It's getting old.

Spocklw

This is the result of one (1) raid countered with mortars. Oh joy, how many more will we kill next, for quarter year debuffs.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

quilzas

Quote from: The Nickman on June 19, 2017, 09:02:35 PM
I'm curious about this one.. does anyone ever alter their gameplay based on the fact someone in a relationship shows up??  Such as you try not to kill someone who is raiding or even you capture a friendly visitor, even though it damages trade relations??

I have tried this with small raids, where it's easier to sort people out. Usually doesn't work out. Haven't tried it in a while.

I wish there was a chance to recruit a relationship NPC when they're just passing by or with a trade caravan.

DariusWolfe

I had a colonist start a relationship with a visitor; The colony was like, 24 hours old. Luckily, I was using Hospitality, so I was able to recruit them with no arrest shenanigans.

Swat_Raptor

The other day I just had the hilariously ridiculous situation of a Mom and Dad (still together) raided a colony which their son and daughter lived in.

I was able to kill off enough of the non relative raiders for the raiders to flee and Mom and Dad ran off together (un-damaged) to raid their kids colony again another day. And in fact 2 raids later they are both back to cause havoc again.

To bad there is not yet a feature for Mom and Dad to instead of running away to throw their weapons down and say, hey kids we're going to surrender to you now.

or the one of the kids just breaks and and says: Really 3 Raids, THAT'S IT, YOUR DEAD TO ME.

khearn

I had a colony that had two brothers in it, and got hit by a pirate raid that included their father. Dad got injured, and when the pirates broke and ran, I tried to have my colonists melee him to capture him. Instead, one of the sons accidentally killed Dad (worst Father's Day present, evar!). The other son hated him henceforth for it.