Thorns and potions

Started by Tom Ether, August 24, 2017, 09:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Ether

* I can't modding well and I don't good speak English so please,  be tollerant to my mistakes :) *

Thorns and Nettles
I made mod called "RimNature" and I want to add thorns and nettles. They will do contact damage (thorns - cuts, nettles -  burns), but the main problem is... I don't know how to do this :P   I can create plant, texture and stats, but I can't add contact damage (when colonist stand/walk over it). Anyone help? :)

Potions
The second problem are potions. I am also making a second mod (RimAlchemy) and I want to create and add potions. They will be throwable (like grenades). I can create items and crafting recipe but I can't do limited numbers of uses (like ammo, but not reloading). You know... 3 potions = 3 throws.
Please, forgive me my bad English :))

InfinityKage

Your English is great mate. Unfortunately I have no skill in which to help you but I know a few people who might. If you look in the released section of the mods you will fine two mods. The electric fence mod and The medieval times mod. Both have items that cause damage on contact so one of their creators should be able to help.

Tom Ether

Haha, thanks! Greetings from Poland ;) Thank you for recommended mods. I will look into
their code and try to understand it myself. Eventually I will write to authors for help. Thanks :)