[A17] [WIP] Reclaim Reuse Recycle - Harvest Corpse parts

Started by DoctorVanGogh, June 19, 2017, 03:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassekatze

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on August 06, 2017, 11:30:58 AM
Quote from: tonsrd on August 05, 2017, 09:35:33 PM
just saw this mod in "release" is it the same / different than yours ?

No of course not there is no equal to this wonderful recycling mod - Also that is clearly a rushed, sloppy copy of myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy precious idea (channeling my inner Gollum here).

Nah - from a first look it seems like there are some similarities to my initial version from the end of June - you butcher people, it vomits bionics. So if that's what you're looking for, maybe that is the mod for you. There's also some weird organ vomiting on top of that.

This one will keep the 'reclamation & refurbishment' & failure logic in it. I consider it a lot more balanced. Otherwise it's really way too easy to just make tons of money from corpses. You might as well just open the dev settings and spawn in your bionics - or get 'that' mod ;)
There really ought to be a better way to find mods, maybe by category - I didn't know this existed or I wouldn't have written that mod in the first place.

In all sincerity unless there is something incomplete or broken still in the current state of this mod, you maybe ought to update the title/initial post similar to the github and have it moved to the release forum. There are probably a fair few people who would like this and will never see it, or even if they do will read the outdated first post and think it is a lot less than it now is.

Vis a vis money from bionics, I gather from the github page that you make no distinction between the implants of friendlies and hostiles  - if you're looking for reasons to make life more difficult for the colonists who are farming raider implants rather than crafting them, that seemed to me like it came closer to the heart of the issue, and it isn't something that is mutually exclusive with the repair-required mechanic.

SpaceDorf

Hi Doc,

concerning the WIP Part of this, I just noticed, after a raid with actual implants, that the worktype of the harvest recipe is still set to cooking.

----- EDIT -----

I correct myself.  After trying to quickfix the perceived bug myself, I found out, that you did not forget to change the worktype. Actually I feel sorry for implying such a stupid mistake.
I now know that it is the game being stupid.
Though the Medical Skill is both used and required, the game uses the butchery workgiver to schedule the task because you inherited the priority position from it. Meaning I have to priorize cooking for my doctor to harvest parts ..  :o .. at least now I know ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DoctorVanGogh

Okay - here's the (hopfully final) release candidate before things get published for the masses.

New features:
- Research projects & integration. Harvesting & refurbishment for each complexity level.
- Tiered harvesting. Can only touch corpses with at most this complicated parts. Prevents cavemen from reclaiming bionic eyes. Nothing wrong with cavemen keeping the body on ice until they unlock the technology though.
- Specialized work types (some). Harvesting is now a specialized task under doctor (or crafting for mechanoids). Refurbishment is still lobbed in at 'do somethingsomething at drug lab' (because 'reasons').

Tribal starts gets Basic Harvesting. Classic starts get Advanced Harvesting & Basic Refurbishment.

If you're upgrading from 0.5.1, you'll need to do some savefile surgery. Remove any harvesting & refurbishment jobs before upgrading. Then strip any mention of

<li>R3_AllowUnHarvested</li>

from the save file and check your storages after load. (Also add any corpse related bills as needed).

Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

SpaceDorf

In my savegame the line is called :

---- EDIT ----
Updating the running game worked :)
I only had to rebuilt my butchers table, because I forgot to remove a harvest Bill.

Right after that I found a Typo. :
Unharvested ( dvanced )

---- EDIT ----

I have a question left depending the last version. A "Hydraulic Arm Implant" was identified as Glittertech, which seems wrong.
The part itself belongs to the Mechanite Augmentation Mod.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 13, 2017, 12:32:37 PM
In my savegame the line is called :

Did I not write that? My bad

DoctorVanGogh

Okay - this mod is now fully released, so direct any further comments there. ;)

"Because Recyclers do it over and over again."