Merc Draft - Garen 'RedFields' Fielder

Started by Garen, April 29, 2014, 06:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garen

first name - Garen
last name: Fielder
Short name: RedFields , Fields  or Red
Childhood: Medieval slave:
NICKNAME was born and raised as a slave in a medieval colony which co-existed with a modern world that was capable of genetic engineering.

Adulthood: Pest Guard: He was forced to protect his colony from a mysterious outbreak of insane wildlife. His colony and world was destroyed by the animals. He was rescued and evacuated by modern guardsmen, who nicknamed him ‘Red Fields’ on account of where they found him.

Trait/skill point Ideas - He's hates the wildlife. He hates technology more advanced then modern, and is known to break down easily.
                   On the plus side, he's good enough with both ranged combat and melee, a good labourer and is kind-hearted.

Geeves

Wait this Garen, when did you first thought of him?

I am pretty sure I had a Garen raid my colony Yesterday.

Other then that, sounds like someone that I can use in my colonies.
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Garen

the name is mostly a play on my actual name
which as i found out, was celtic for 'gentle' and my last name was made by the normans

the result would obviously be a kind-hearted medieval farmer
however thats already been done in rimworld, so i felt like adding a twist. this one being his colony is in a modern world (brave new world anyone?) and also that the world's crops were Genetically modified (gives the player a theory as to why so many animals go insane in rimworld)

thank you, i hadnt realized there was a merc named Garen already
if need be have the name changed to Garrett (sounds more medieval anyway)

Garen

Quote from: Geeves on April 30, 2014, 04:00:53 AM
Wait this Garen, when did you first thought of him?

I am pretty sure I had a Garen raid my colony Yesterday.

Other then that, sounds like someone that I can use in my colonies.

warning you now i made it so he cant actually farm, his experiences guarding in those fields traumatized him. he also wont be able to do artistic skills because all he could think about are those memories.
he wont be able to research ethier since a) hes medieval, and b) he hates post modern tech

the good side, is that he's deadly in both forms of combat, a decent doctor and is surprisingly social

Garen

skill list currently
growing (7) Disabled
construction 3
research (0) Disabled
Mining 3
shooting 11
melee 10
social 6
cooking 4
medicine 6
artistic (0) disabled
crafting 0

if traits were there he'd have traumatized, and unstable

this is a clearly a guy you do NOT want to have a mental breakdown so keeping him sane should be a challenge, but a very fruitful one

Garen

now that i've realized the creative content has been added (Thank you Tynan!  ;D) i'l will post in this thread what i believe is the finished version of 'Garen Fielder'

what he can spawn as- 'Civil, slave, traveller or tribal'
Body Type - male
Childhood - Feudal Farm Boy/ Slave
Adulthood - Hunter of the King/ Pest Guard
Work disables - Intellectual, Plant Work and Artistic
Stats modifiers/Stats   Construction +0/3
                               Growing +4/    7
                               Research -2/   1
                               Mining +0/       3
                               Shooting +6/    9
                               Melee +4/       7
                               Social +2/      5
                               Cooking +0/    3
                               Medicine +3/   6
                               Art -2/           1
                               crafting -3/     0
yes the disabled buff was intentional, i wanted this character's stats to make sense with the backstory, so that you feel sad or annoyed that such great farming potential was lost.
He is good at being a guard ,with a weapon or otherwise, whilst being able to do labour in more dangerous areas and being a backup warden/docter

if we are ever able to give them traits when the traits system is fully implemented, i would give him traits related to ptsd or being traumatized.
this is a guy who you will have to look after, and could be very lethal if he breaksdown, but is very rewarding if you do so