Carrying Dead Weight. (Allow broken/down pawns to move on caravans)

Started by BetaSpectre, June 17, 2017, 04:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BetaSpectre

When a colonist breaks down instead of the entire caravan being stuck they should just carry him if his weight isn't above the caravan carry thresh hold.

The same applies to unconscious pawns.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Limdood

Draconicrose

I have a Rimworld Let's Play for you -> Let's Play Rimworld Playlist

Perq

Yup. Don't let that guy with one leg limp, let him sit on the mufalo. :V

About mental break tho - some of them should actually STOP the caravan and give you an option: leave given pawn who refuses to cooperate (without mood penalty, or with a very little one, something like "left crazy person in wilderness") or wait until it actually wants to continue the journey. Also an option to try and forcibly get them to walk could work, with chance for them to go berserk of course. Which would in turn mean a no-go for caravan, maybe chance for some wounds (applied instantly to pawn who was trying to talk to the now-berserk).
Note here: they DO NOT want to cooperate. It doesn't matter if you CAN carry them. They do not want to be carried around. :@
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

jamaicancastle

Next: allow able-bodied pawns to ride mounts. Add in horses. Create dragoon squadrons for raiding pirate camps. :D

Quote from: Perq on June 19, 2017, 08:32:35 AMNote here: they DO NOT want to cooperate. It doesn't matter if you CAN carry them. They do not want to be carried around. :@

That depends entirely on how good your other colonists are at holds, I would think. Plenty of people get wheeled into emergency rooms in 4-point restraints because they didn't want to be carried around, but it happened anyway.

BetaSpectre

A prompt asking to carry him anyway, wait, or leave him would be enough.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO