Neuro Trainer for stuff besides skills?

Started by Swat_Raptor, June 20, 2017, 09:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swat_Raptor

So I like how there are sometimes Neuro Trainers in item stash's but I was thinking.

what about a neuro trainer to add or remove some traits? remove wimp, or add steadfast

or a Neuro Trainer that removes work restrictions, have a pawn that won't haul, grab a haul trainer and jab it into that lazy pawns temple (I like to imagine that Neuro trainers work by just jabbing it into your forehead).

Wheatley

I usually save up for a painstopper for those wimpy colonists. After one went down fighting a mad monkey I knew his brain needed playing with.

Swat_Raptor

Quote from: Wheatley on June 20, 2017, 10:21:43 AM
I usually save up for a painstopper for those wimpy colonists. After one went down fighting a mad monkey I knew his brain needed playing with.

Your right that some of the traits already have ways to effectively counter or level out the bonuses from.

but then there are traits like Bloodlust, pyromaniac, or Chemical fascination

Thraxon

Talking about nerotrainers, how it works?

Does passion increase the given xp?
Is the number of xp given fixed, or it depend of the lvl and passion.

AngleWyrm

Traits seem to me like a predisposition, the two systems of skill and trait being expressions of nature vs nurture.

Maybe something like genetic alteration of living organisms, that changes the trajectory of what their DNA had written for the course of their life.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Wheatley

Doesn't a joywire counter pyromaniac, chemical fascination etc to a certain extent? I might be wrong, but they shouldn't trigger as often with +30 mood, although the loss of consciousness is a bit of a pain. I tend to be pretty brutal with my pyromaniacs and haven't really looked into it too much.

Bozobub

I *immediately* murder or sell pyromaniacs, so I couldn't say ^^' .  Wimps, however, are easily counteracted by joywires, so I sometimes keep 'em.
Thanks, belgord!

Limdood

Quote from: Wheatley on June 20, 2017, 02:11:51 PM
Doesn't a joywire counter pyromaniac, chemical fascination etc to a certain extent? I might be wrong, but they shouldn't trigger as often with +30 mood, although the loss of consciousness is a bit of a pain. I tend to be pretty brutal with my pyromaniacs and haven't really looked into it too much.
no.  pyromaniac and both chemical traits trigger breaks regardless of mood

Swat_Raptor

there isn't a lot of reasons for these instant learning modules to counter some of these psychological traits in a logically sensible ways. However I don't really see a need for anything more than a loose reason to be provided. it seems like a fun item which I would certainly send caravans out to retrieve, or spend a lot to purchase.

Some traits like pretty, kind, abrasive, yea it would be ridiculous to have a beautiful neuro trainer, however it would be fun to find one and figure out what to do with it..

When looking at some prisoners or potential recruits I almost never consider some pawns with certain traits, or who can't perform to many jobs types. they just will end up being useless or too problematic.

But Just think, finding a Hauling trainer, all those stuck up pawns who won't haul to save their lives, You can finally get a honest days work out of them.