[A17] TropiCK Retexture

Started by Meatbomb, June 21, 2017, 06:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meatbomb

Hey there Rimworlders!

I love this mod, the only thing I was a little iffy on was the art.  The artwork itself is beautiful, much better than anything I could do, but it didn't to my eye fit with the original assets of the base game very well.  I really wanted to use this excellent mod, but wanted to make a better fit graphically.

All glory and credit to the original authors, I am just a tinkerer.  Basically I played around with the art in Photoshop—did some colour matching, adjusted contrast, vibrancy, did a tiny bit of painting and editing, etc. etc.  I think the tropical biome is a much better match to the core game with these changes. As you can see in the above images, the base game trees do not "pop" as much as before, and the tropical biome trees look a little more like the base game art style.

All this modifies is the graphics files for the plants.  Just overwrite the original files and you are good to go.

I will probably keep fiddling and updating, especially if anybody offers me feedback.  Thanks for your time guys!

Github Download:

https://github.com/Meatbomb/TropiCK_AnimalPlant_PackRetex

Canute

Could you try to place the .rar at the release part ?
So people can download it without creating a master zip .

Meatbomb

Forgive me but I am not sure I follow you?  I will put it up in whatever way works best, just please explain more exactly what I should do.

skullywag

He means click the releases tab and physically make a release on github i think. I dont really see the point however as its simply replace some images with some other images...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Canute

Meatbomb,
just try to download/get the textures from github and maybe you notice what i mention.
You need to download a zip that contains a rar.

I tryed your textures, but i will stick with the original ones.

wwWraith

Looks nice for me. The original colors were pretty interesting, of course, but a bit too acute for my eyes.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

SuedKAT

Quote from: Canute on June 21, 2017, 08:52:12 AM
Meatbomb,
just try to download/get the textures from github and maybe you notice what i mention.
You need to download a zip that contains a rar.

I tryed your textures, but i will stick with the original ones.

If you click on the green button labeled "Clone or download" yes then you get a .zip file with the entire GitHub branch in it, however you don't want that. Just click on "CK_AnimalPlant_PlantRetex.rar" and press download and then you get the specific thing you want, in this case the textures in a .rar file.